W.I.N.T.E.R's Makings Thread

Excelent. :thumbsup:

Although I can't really see the strap that holds his weapon, but that's no big deal. ;)

conquer_dude said:
Excelent. :thumbsup:

Although I can't really see the strap that holds his weapon, but that's no big deal. ;)
It's the one on the left shoulder- I had to thin that one out to make the British helmet look as genuine as possible on that body- doesn't go round the actual weapon though...

@RL: It's just one shot per attack animation and a reload of a PIAT with a single operator is virtualy impossible for me to recreate- the trooper would have to lay down or sit back to push back the string mechanism (see pic), then push the stock back forth, sit back up, press the stock to the shoulder and aim to fire.

@Steph: Mayor (epic) Civ units are likely to be released after the latest SOE version is up and running
--

Thanks for your comments, guys :)

this needed to be shown

Ares de Borg said:
Indeed!

Very nice work! Will there be MGs for Canada, too?
Thank you Wyrmshadow :)

@Ares: I'm not sure if really all Civ's should get the more advanced weapons. At least not all of them get all the weapons to use to mirror the actual shortcommings (and advantages) some countries had. For instance that's one of the reasons why Hungary lacks its Machine Gunner (it could, of course be easily made) while it gets the AT and Flamethrower.

Historicaly, Hungary achieved a good standard in Infantry Rifles just in time for WWII by buying in Dutch weapons. In machine guns no real improvement was achieved. The other special weapons were supplied by the Germans or built in license.

Another example is the Romanians getting a Machine Gunner (Germany supplied them heavily with these), while the Romanian Army lacked AT weaponry almost entirely. This is meant to add more historical feel to the different Civs- they'll have strengths- and weaknesses.

Also note that the WWII-style Infantry for Romania is in another slot- it will be a special UU and not a basic WWII trooper. This is because Romania had only a few (but crack) Guard Divisions (that got wiped out by the time Sevastopol was taken). The (grand) rest of the Romanian Army though, was left with obsolete equipment.

Edit: uhm- and the preview doesn't comprise all units to be made... ;)

Wow! Too bad we are on dial up... there would be sooo much stuff that I would download... including this!

I was very happy to see the Japanese MG unit in the post by Wyrm. I was thinking of trying to do it myself. Was that unit made by C&P'n the head from the Japanese inf on the allied MG unit? Do you think it would be possible to take the gun from bebro's Japanese lander, give it a tripod, and then C&P it to the one you have or would it be too hard? Or maybe the whole upper torso of bebros unit to the MG gunner and tripod....:hmm:

W.i.n.t.e.r said:
Thank you Wyrmshadow :)

@Ares: I'm not sure if really all Civ's should get the more advanced weapons. At least not all of them get all the weapons to use to mirror the actual shortcommings (and advantages) some countries had. For instance that's one of the reasons why Hungary lacks its Machine Gunner (it could, of course be easily made) while it gets the AT and Flamethrower.

Historicaly, Hungary achieved a good standard in Infantry Rifles just in time for WWII by buying in Dutch weapons. In machine guns no real improvement was achieved. The other special weapons were supplied by the Germans or built in license.

Another example is the Romanians getting a Machine Gunner (Germany supplied them heavily with these), while the Romanian Army lacked AT weaponry almost entirely. This is meant to add more historical feel to the different Civs- they'll have strengths- and weaknesses.

Also note that the WWII-style Infantry for Romania is in another slot- it will be a special UU and not a basic WWII trooper. This is because Romania had only a few (but crack) Guard Divisions (that got wiped out by the time Sevastopol was taken). The (grand) rest of the Romanian Army though, was left with obsolete equipment.

Edit: uhm- and the preview doesn't comprise all units to be made... ;)

So can you make them anyways? Because they are so cool looking? :mischief:

Storm Grunt said:
I was very happy to see the Japanese MG unit in the post by Wyrm. I was thinking of trying to do it myself. Was that unit made by C&P'n the head from the Japanese inf on the allied MG unit? Do you think it would be possible to take the gun from bebro's Japanese lander, give it a tripod, and then C&P it to the one you have or would it be too hard? Or maybe the whole upper torso of bebros unit to the MG gunner and tripod....:hmm:

There is a Japanese MG around somewhere.

Wyrmshadow said:
this needed to be shown
Care to compile the URLs of the units on there? :mischief:

@ Stormie:

Here you go.

Thank the original creator for his work, I don't remember who did it. Just zipped it from my units folder.

Bluemofia said:
Care to compile the URLs of the units on there? :mischief:
No because those you can't find... are in SOE.

Top Bottom