The Power of Settled Great Spies

Yeah i missed the part about the espionage economy. You really shouldnt need that on Noble as it's very easy to outpace the AI in teching with a decent commerce base, but i guess that's another discussion entirely.

Yeah i missed the part about the espionage economy. You really shouldnt need that on Noble as it's very easy to outpace the AI in teching with a decent commerce base, but i guess that's another discussion entirely.

So this strategy is suited to higher difficulty levels when it might be hard to keep up with the Tech race?

If you plan to move your palace or play with corporations. Otherwise no.

I'm not planning on moving the capital(as the Great Wall is there and it's integral to the strategy) but am planning on using corporations heavily.

I have 2 corps based in my #2 city(Wall Street and religious shrine).

How will a courthouse in my capital benefit?

A courthouse will reduce corporation maintenance costs by 50%.
That's why the Holy Roman Empire (75%) and the Zulus (70%) are the best civs to keep corporation costs low.

A courthouse will reduce corporation maintenance costs by 50%.
That's why the Holy Roman Empire (75%) and the Zulus (70%) are the best civs to keep corporation costs low.
I know what a Courthouse does, my question was in regard to the context of Corporations in this strategy, because I remember reading somewhere that it was not recommended to have a Courthouse in the Capital.

I know what a Courthouse does, my question was in regard to the context of Corporations in this strategy, because I remember reading somewhere that it was not recommended to have a Courthouse in the Capital.

It's not recommended to have a Courthouse in your capital before corporations.

And am I right to assume that it is ideal to have one's Corporations HQ not in the capital?

I try to have my Corps and Wall Street in second or third city, where a holy shrine is. Am I correct to think that is the recommended policy?

It's ideal to have a corporation HQ in a holy city with a shrine so you can get loads of money by building Wall Street and all gold modifiers there. It is thus only ideal to have the corporate HQ not in the capital because you are very unlikely to have founded a religion in your capital, but theoretically, if for some odd strange reason you have a shrine for a popular religion in your capital, I don't see why you wouldn't also establish the corporate HQ there.

Top Bottom