Polynesia scenario

Nonevah

Prince
How many have you guys have played it? Beaten it? Do you have any good strategies?

Also, the random map script for the scenario seems to be broken, it gives me the same starting spot every time with the same neighbor only about 12 tiles away.

I've played it 4 times and beaten it 4 times (one per Civ, to get the achievements.) Strategy wise, it really doesn't matter what you do, you'll win. The end. It's a fun scenario the first time, then it starts getting boring. Replayability is about nil.
Also, the random map script isn't random at all; it really is the same map (with the same starting location) every time. Like I said, replayability is about nil.

I've played it 4 times and beaten it 4 times (one per Civ, to get the achievements.) Strategy wise, it really doesn't matter what you do, you'll win. The end. It's a fun scenario the first time, then it starts getting boring. Replayability is about nil.
Also, the random map script isn't random at all; it really is the same map (with the same starting location) every time. Like I said, replayability is about nil.

Totally agree was fun first time but quickly lost it's luster in subsequent games to get the achievements
John

On Prince and below it's easy; (or at least was the last time I played it which was back in vanilla days.) I found it fun the first time, but not so much the second time.

I tried it out once and got to the end where I eventually lost the cultural victory race to the other civilization. I was close though, behind the winner by around 100 culture, close game. I wouldn't retry it though because I already went through and I know I could end up victorious by lowering the difficulty or something.

You guys saying it's easy need to up the difficulty level a bit - it's pretty challenging to win on the higher levels, and I've had to try and plan amphibious invasions a couple times to secure victory. I love the scenario, art especially (would have been cool to see custom leaderheads, but oh well), although that might just be because I'm from Polynesia

Top Bottom