G-Minor LXXXVII

Peets

Emperor
Hall of Fame Staff
While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

(*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!

Settings:
  • Expansion: Brave New World
  • Victory Condition: Culture (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Prince
  • Map Size: Tiny
  • Map Type: Pangaea
  • Speed: Standard
  • Leader: Venice (Enrico Dandolo)
  • Opponents: Any
  • Version: SV8
  • Date: 17th October to 1st November 2014
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Hmm... what is a good finish here? Venice and Tiny map make it tough to tell.

I did a test run of T197 with a lot of mistakes. It was a really fast game with these settings, pretty much the opposite of the last G-Minor :D

T182 test run... Sacred Sites & Chariot Archer rush combo works, I played it horribly though. Sub-150 is definitely possible.

SS but only faith buying in Venice? I didn't think you could faith buy in puppets.

first playthrough, played extremely fast so maybe room for improvement but just got a quick t140 vic

Ah I never realized that you could faith buy Venice puppets. Too bad, my Futurism strat was pretty fun to play.

Nice one vadalaz :) I finished one game at T143. I'm still trying to figure out which opponents are best.

Finished a game at T118 with no cultural CS. It's really dependent on CS. Spawning near multiple religious/cultural makes a huge difference. And also spawning in the middle so you can do trade routes - had none this game.

I think a very good time, (90-100) is possible with a very weird and abusive strategy, and a little luck

Tried a different strategy, won on t110 now. Could be earlier with a cultural CS nearby and if I remembered to "radar" the land with my missionary before moving him :rolleyes:

So what's a good non-SS time? I'm in the late 300's at the moment...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what's a good non-SS time? I'm in the late 300's at the moment...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raidandtrade it's a domination game. Kill everybody asap, leaving just one cap, ideally the smallest culture one, and ensure to mess with that one constantly so it is really poor and crippled. As soon as you start to accumulate tourism, you will win. SS just makes it faster. So if you don't do SS, and do Liberty instead, I guess by the time you choose your Great Musician as your liberty finisher and then pop it in the remaining Civ, you will win. If you really don't want to do SS, build Parthenon, build a couple of GW and pop them from great works and do the same with GAs as soon as possible, get your tourism up asap and then pop your great musician to win faster. I guess 150, maybe earlier, would be possible without SS, never tried.

But you really need to do SS. 4 tourism that early, more if you puppet, makes a huge difference.

Really stupid question. Have never played Enrico. Thought GMoV were spawned following the same rules as normal GMs, so imagine my surprise when one popped up when I researched optics, late in the 145 game. Too late to do anything with it.:wall bash:

That will teach me to at least read the basics when I try a new civ.

Anyway, I do not want any more surprises. So some really basic questions: How do you puppet CSs with the GMoV? Do you have to travel there? Are there any limitations or preconditions (only allies, or only friendly, not hostile, stuff like that)? Does it cost gold (do I need to save of this, if so how much)? Is there a dedicated icon in the GMoV menu for this, or do I have to some other menu? Do I get any gold with the pupating?

I normally would try to test all this myself, but it is a tough week and will just have the time to try twice more the Gminor, and I really want to make them count.

Just navigate your GMOV to be inside the borders of your desired CS and select the second item on the GMOV's action menu. No gold cost or gold bonus, and no ally requirement. Haven't tried it while at war with the CS, so can't comment on that, but any other relationship status works.

Top Bottom