So how many people lost their jobs because of the health care law?

Oh my Gawd, that political cartoon is priceless.

Tea Party watching has become my principal guilty pleasure so I really appreciate that :lol:

DISCLAIMER: I'm actually pretty fat too, so I'm not so much focusing on that.

Honestly, it's frightening how distorted the media's image of average Americans looks. When I do transcription of BBC shows, I see people who are overweight, persons of color, and just plain ugly people. But in a country where only a third of the population is overweight, a slim percentage of people on TV, in video games, or even in political cartoons are overweight, so much so that when an editorial gives an honestly accurate image, it's strangely noticeable.

Honestly, it's frightening how distorted the media's image of average Americans looks. When I do transcription of BBC shows, I see people who are overweight, persons of color, and just plain ugly people. But in a country where only a third of the population is overweight, a slim percentage of people on TV, in video games, or even in political cartoons are overweight, so much so that when an editorial gives an honestly accurate image, it's strangely noticeable.

We're just good at what we do.

I, for one, know I don't belong on TV.

Nice generalisation. :rolleyes:

Do you know this is the Chamber?

And the last 12 comments labeling all Tea Partiers as fat is not chamber material?

Being the only one here who likely has every been to a Tea Party event, I can confidently say the cartoon is not accurate.

And the last 12 comments labeling all Tea Partiers as fat is not chamber material?

Being the only one here who likely has every been to a Tea Party event, I can confidently say the cartoon is not accurate.

Being fat is better than being stoned, dirt poor, and uneducated.

Tea Party > Occupy Wall Street
I thought that the party line was that OWS was just a bunch of liberal arts graduates?

So you believe the American Dream is to work long hours for sweet FA and to be in debt all your life if you need healthcare?
That describes the experience of more (willing and unwilling) immigrants than all the picket-fence-and-apple-pie crap. No that Tea Partyers would readily admit it.

Tea Party > Occupy Wall Street

Isn't one of the Tea Party's slogans "Don't tread on me?" They often display this on signs or t-shirts. Then why do they eagerly support those 1% who tread on the 99%, which most Tea Parties are in? If you support the side of the 1% then aren't you really just an unwitting shill for the those who would tread on you?

Top Bottom