SciFi/Fantasy Unit Graphics

I've not forgot Civilization II.

Fantasy Sprite update. Most of them are from Royal Bounty.

Attachments

• Fantasy World 2.png
    Fantasy World 2.png
    79.6 KB · Views: 848
Has anyone ever contemplated making any Game of Thrones themed units? I bet Civ2 could make a beautiful Westeros scenario.

And aren't there conveniently something like seven major kingdoms/nations in that series, too?

Exactly. You could even combine and play around with the various factions to simulate the War of the Five Kings or Robert's Rebellion. The story may yet reveal an even better scenario. Hell, if we had the baseline units and map we could make several.

There's loads of really good Lord of the Rings, Warhammer and other Fantasy and Medieval units (most notably by Curtsibling and Tanelorn) floating around these forums and on peoples PCs. I'm sure it would be possible to adapt a few and get enough together to create a GoT scenario. The map shouldn't be too difficult to make either. Sounds like an ideal scenario subject to me.

Actually, I have considered this but I havent found a consistent source of reference for the TV series costumes, like a miniature line or sth. I like some of the pics on the FFG card game but I find the boardgame minis by the same company cheesy.
So, find a unit roster of decent pictures and I am in.

House Arryn
House Baratheon
House Lannister
House Stark
House Tully
House Tyrell
House Targaryen
House Martell
House Greyjoy

That is 9 factions btw

Actually, I made e Westeros map a couple of months back but lost it in a computer crash. :(

You too, Gareth! And the rest if you, of course. ;)

With overpowered flying dragon units for that Khanate that what's-her-name became defacto ruler of...

I would do the gameplay / storyline in a heartbeat but I'm just not artistically talented like so many of you. I don't even know if I could make a replica map very well. I certainly couldn't make the units. Here's to hoping someone eventually picks it up.

I can't do the Civ2 art or maps myself, either. But, if I can find both (or sweettalk someone into making them) I'm more than able to do the rest, as a rule.

If you would like a map, would you like Essos to be included too?
The last time I made the Westeros map I used this as a basis for terrain, city placements etc.
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/e/e7/Map_of_westeros.jpg
And let's face it, most of the action takes place on Westeros itself.

(yes, I'm letting you convince me to maybe make the map anew)

I have a thing for giga maps so you may have to stop me. I've started working on a map but the thing is, it's 81 titles wide and ~390 high (covering the map I linked above). Is this what you want or should I shrink it?

Edit: I'm using this map instead: http://gameofthrones.net/images/Westeros_Maps/Map_Westeros_Strongholds.jpg
The terrain is much moe visible in this one. :)

Top Bottom