A Case of the Khans

Icekommander

Colonel
After deciding their wasn't enough stories in this thread, I decided to start my own. I have started a pangaea map as Kublai Khan on normal difficulty. SO without further adeu(did I spell that right?) the...

INTRODUCTION

Kublai Khan snarled in hatred. The wretched fool Willam van Oranje escaped again. After months of planning and years of military execution, the Mongols took Utrecht the last remaining Dutch city, only to find that van Oranje had fled to an unknown island to the south. He scowled at the general who gave him the report.

General Norvan was one of the few immortals like Kublai. He was also one of the few men who could stand up the Khan. But even he could not meet the eyes of his Khan after being the messenger of bad news.

Kublai though for a minute, although he could build boats and sail across the seas, it would be much more convenient if he went after a closer person. Three more of his everlasting enemies laid in wait only a little to the west. He considered his targets. He had little information about any of them, but Suleiman, Joao II (the second of what he wasn’t sure) and Saladin. It would bear thinking, but back to the present…

“Get out of my sight” Growled the Khan “I’ll talk to you later.

P.S Nother update coming later today

Kublai Khan surveyed his advisors. He had made his decision. He would attack the Portuguese. First of all he couldn’t possibly let a rival with such a huge hat get the best of the Mongolian Empire. Second as far as he could tell Joao had no offshore islands, Sulieman did. Joao also had control of many wondrous buildings the Great Khan converted. Finally whatever idiot scout had decided that the Arabs had nearby borders was drunk, as the nearest Arabs were on the far side of the Portuguese and the Ottomans.

“Well advisors” Kublai started “ We have wiped that idiot off the mainland. It has come time to decide whom we shall attack next. Potentially we could finish of van Oranje. We could attack our southern Portuguese neighbour or our northern Ottoman one. Also an attempt at peace could be made. I want you my advisors to give me our current state, and your vote. I have my decision already made.

“Well” Izak Knewtonne, the science advisor started “WE have knowledge of civil service now and we are working on things called machines. With these we could increase productivity in our empire. Also we are also crafting a weapons design called the mace, which is far superior to the sword. My vote is to wait for maces and then attack the Portuguese. I hear the have a Great Library of sorts.

“Interesting” replied Kublai “Next!”

“Our military is undergoing refitting” replied General Norman “This new mace Izak is talking about could be an invaluable tool. Hopefully we can smash our target before they come up with their own. I vote Portuguese.”

“So our military is almost ready for another invasion?”

“We just need a couple catapults, sir. Maces hopefully too.”

“Alright. And Diplow?”

“Well sir” Diplow Mate, the foreign advisor responded “ We have good relations with both leaders. Well not van Oranje, but he is a non-issue. Personally I say we break off war and start on some infrastructure. The royal treasurer is complaining about the fact that we are losing money. A generous amount is going to the scientists, but we will run out of funds as it is, let alone with a war. I say peace.”

“Gentlemen.” Kublai nodded at each of them. “Our kingdom is progressing well. Your assessments are the same as mine, and I’ll let you know my decision on the morrow.”

“Well done Knewtonne!” Kublai exclaimed. He was lovingly handling the mace. He thought the swords were brilliant, but a stick with a spiky ball on the end? Obviously a Mongolian invention.

“Well sir” Knewtonne replied “ There is still battle testing. But if in addition to the maces or morningstars as the troops call them, they were a full body set of armour, they will be impossible to defeat. The only thing I’m worried about is the Longbow.”

“The Longbow? Isn’t that something the Khmerians taught us?”

“It is indeed. And Portugal will probably soon pay a hefty price for a few. The arrows are shot amazingly fast from the bows, and are big enough to puncture armor. But I understand General Norman intends to bombard them with catapults first.”

“He shall. Our first target is Guemaries, or however they pronounce it. When our maces, swords and catapults knock it down it shall need a proper Mongolian name. I have just sent a messenger to Joao. Well be attacking within the week.”

Replies are welcome, even if it is to tell me that I shouldn't quit my day job.

Top Bottom