A bit too lucky.

Saint Rising

Metal Monster
Alright, it was a few nights ago. I decided to play as Khmr on Noble, except I renamed everything to Cambodia. My start was great. Coastal, with two seafood, cows, and pigs. My warrior moved northwest to pop a hut. Guess what that was.

Bronzeworking.

Mind = blown. But that's nothing to what's coming next. I moved my warrior a few more spaces, and another hut popped...

Ironworking.

Iron appeared next to my capitol. At this point, I'm freaking amazed. So, I have swordsmen before the date of 3500 BC. I easily roll over my neighbor, the Celts, then I stomp Asoka and his Indians. The game is currently saved, but I truthfully don't want to play it, because it would be too easy.

Sometimes its better to be lucky. XD

I never seem to get that many techs from goody huts, and when I do, it's always something like Mysticism.

But, I do remember finding a goody hut a mere four tiles away from Khmer in the artic wastelands...that had Iron Working. In 2000 BC. You would have thought Sury would have gotten it by then.

Apparently, that Combat I-bear ate all his dudes or something. In all fairness, my intrepid scout also fell victim to this grizzly. But, he obtained a valuable tech worth far more than a free scout from a goody hut could ever be worth, so he achieved cost effectiveness, the greatest compliment any scout under my command has received.

I remember living in the south of a big continent from which father south was another really big land mass without any civilization whatsoever only goody huts, not even barbarians even though I played raging and I managed send there scout with a hope of getting some late tech but what followed was really a bit too lucky. Those simple and friendly villagers has gifted me with Paper, Music, Code of laws, Currency and Drama.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Self-conquest is the greatest of victories.

Top Bottom