I just dropped over 40 ICBMs

TreeFoot said:
I don't know, has ALexander ever been friendly with the human player? I've never seena game where the human dosn't want to crush him, and i've yet to see him happy with the human player.

I was french once and he was quite happy with me, even when Sparta revolted against him to join me...

I unno...in civ 4 I loved nukes...it's the ultimate show of power and peace....you don't hold the peace you see my power :-D....but in civ 3....man I had one hell of a time with the zulu playing on marla's map....I would establish a colony on the southern most tip of africa...man that city was so disputed it was unreal...first by the indians, then by the zulu...then by me again, then the french, back to the zulu....I finally got a strong enough military force to keep it under my rule....I started building units (of course with my cap. being washington, set in the right place...it was a rather long time before I could get a significant force going)...but I started an advance on the zulu who might I add most of their defensive army was comprised of the zulu UU that they had built AGES ago...and were still DEFENDING GOOD!...I rolled a few tanks up to their front doors and knocked.....and they killedmy tank...wiht A ZULU SPEARMEN!!!!!!!!!......it was gay...I got pissed because shaka wasent happy with me, I wasent happy with him so I nuked his @$$....and it worked too, I walked through and systematically....persuaded all of his cities to.........okay I systematically wiped shaka from the face of the planet....He pissed me off though!!!

I don't know, has ALexander ever been friendly with the human player? I've never seena game where the human dosn't want to crush him, and i've yet to see him happy with the human player.

In the game I'm writing a story on now, Alex is my only ally, and he is Friendly. :king:

Isabella is smarter then she looks:

I was playing a game where Gengis Khan asked me for help in their war with Spain, I figurred, what the heck, I HATED Spain in that game. They were always making random demands and asking me to convert to their religion. Of course I brought my Russian allies into the war because she was much closer to Spain. Then, something like one turn before my first nuke was built, Spain surrenders (capitulates), first time that ever happened to me. I decided to accept her surrender to avoid the global warming caused by nukes... of course that was BEFORE Catherine decided to nuke every barbarian city on a faraway continent that only I controlled (seriously, none else settled their), after I won the game (space race) I decided to have some fun nuking Napoleon, who subsequently changed his name to: Napoleon Blown-apart-y.

...And one other thing, someone should really post a BtS screenshot of the Next War scenario where your advisers tell you: You should have listened to your scientists:old::old::old: , the earth has cracked like an egg becuase of to much nuking: everybody looses

Hehehehe :bump: :nuke::nuke::nuke::nuke::nuke::devil::devil: :devil:

Please don't bump old threads. Somebody please lock this thread.

lawl, i just did the exactly same thing as Persia in my warlord level game, i was somewhere at modern times, 21st century, spaceship was already sent.

I had my whole continent in control after a gruelling war against HRE (i killed so many spammed units that I got 3 great generals out of that war, sure was a bit tedious tho :mad:)

I had all the techs, but I had forgotten to upgrade one of my city garrison spearmen up to mechanized infantry level :D so the A.i invaded and got one of my cities :eek:

well my modern armors liberated them shortly afterwards, I was making an ICBM every 1 or 2 turns in my second city with ironworks. I had about 150 nukes I guess, before the fireworks started?! No idea how many I actually dropped but Justinian the first got about 72, suleiman got around 22. and some went towards the third vassal. I ran out of target cities I think, I nuked every city atleast twice

too bad the nukes suck bad compared to civ3 and the awesome strategy game hearts of iron 2 :mad:

Sometimes ICBMs are the only way to make sure you are not gonna get completely destroyed. I once had a technologically advanced country but had an undeveloped military when Charlemagne attacked. I crapped my pants and so decided the only way to deter him was to unleash nuclear hell...it worked but then America's spaceship beat me by like 10 turns...

Leonidas was not an aggressive leader---I can't think of a less aggressive leader. The Spartans were as little aggressive as they come---they hated to go on campaign, always didn't want to.

Wrong forum though....

and Pericles wasn't a peaceful builder---he was extremely aggressive, consolidating a rather brutal Athenian empire.

This is priceless!:crazyeye:

Since Civs are smart enough to win cultural victories and not smart enough to spread units about properly, Nuking is a great way to turn the odds in your favor. Nothing is better than seeing a vertical downward line in the enemy's power graph.

I've recently found nukes useful in that: an enemy will be fighting with outdated units but there's so many of them that my superior units can't defeat them, solution: 2 nuclear missiles will destroy a stack of units no-matter how powerful they are, the exception being the Assault Mech and Dreadnought from 'Next War' and possibly the Modern Armor; I've never used nukes against navies because my opponent usually neglects to build them.

Er, well, I had quite an interesting game once.

If I recall, I was the Americans on a continents map, and their were 8 other factions, stuck on 3 other continents, whilst, I, er, did some aggressive negotiations, and took over my continent. Needless to say, I was sitting pretty, with a fleet full of SEALs in Transports ready at a moments notice, with various Carriers, and Destroyers roaming the planet, in any case in which the need to use them would arrive.

Now, for all of you who have had situations like this, lets admit, things get a bit 'boorish'. So, the Incans and the Carthaginians were fighting a very interesting and bloody war on their continent. Mech Infantry was rolling back and forth, while my spies caught all the action.

Well, hey, I wanted to get in on the fun! I sent about 8 Modern armors rolling on the Inca (my allies) shores, to help me, er, dear old friends. And lets face it, when your army comprise mostly of Mech Inf. and regular Inf. Modern Armor isn't exactly..... fun to fight.

Well, needless to say, I was having quite a bit of fun. A lot to be exact. Destroying wave after wave of Carthaginian units, and raking up the experience points was one of the most exciting parts of the game.

However, stupid ole' me forgot to check my surroundings. Genghis Khan attacked my fleet of SEALs sinking them all to the ground, and this is a good 20 units, not to mention most of my navy's transports. I was p***ed. More then that. I stopped building the various city improvements I had, and began building anything and everything to make total war on Mongol land.

But, somehow, through submarine lines slipped a fleet of Mongol troops, all Mech. Inf. which I promptly took care of. But this just through oil onto the fire. It got worse, when next turn, I got a startling notification. "Huayna Capac has declared war on you" Gee, I wonder if he's a certain Carthaginian vassal now? Well, he was.

Somehow, my anger got the best of me, and well, using my massive build up of nukes, I nuked every city I could, some, like Carthage, twice. While this is all hunky dorey, I in turn was nuked, my SDI 3 turns from completion. And by nuked, I mean raped. My landscape was as barren as bars George Lopez does stand up in.

Eventually, global warming took control of most of the 'Earth'. A giant, endless desert. The best part is the incredibly bloody total/tribal war that followed. Being unable to access a lot of my resources, such as oil, I had to rely on... erm, copper. Yea. But, from what I could tell, I wasn't the only one.

Still p***ed at my enemies, me and them slugged it out, using a mix of Modern Armor, Mech Infantry, and Axe men and the like. It was certainly interesting. I lot of cities were burnt, and all of us, including the other few civilizations, from being locked in a brutal war, went from having 4,000+ points, to less then 1,000. I swear we went BACK in time.

It was lovely.

Please forgive me, and delete this. I accidently replied twice.

Not a good first impression I know.

Thanks ;). It was fun to write, may try to get my hand into some AAR's, you never know. :lol:

And let me tell you, that certainly was an experience! The map was, half custom made, as I made a small continent with a large Savanah and Desert, with a lot of Oil resources. Most of the factions relied on their colonies their for oil, and were also attempting to destroy other factions improvements. Tanks were a commodity, but when you got one, hell, you could ruin an enemies whole army. I ended up being tribal king though :king:. I had a little reserve of oil myself on the home front :lol:.

Top Bottom