When in Rome: The history of the Roman Empire

BTW if anyone can give me advice on how to post screen shots without putting them as attachments it would be greatly appreciated

When in Rome Part V

Note: By now I realize I have made a mistake, I should have destroyed Boudica first and then ax rushed Sully, unfortunately it cannot be helped, now Boudica has decided to declare war on me when I already have an army built... stupid Celts

Civ4ScreenShot0078.JPG

Tribune Lestrin looked at the gleaming armor of his troops as they prepared to depart. Finally he gave the command: "ONWARD"

His troops marched in formation down the Road towards Rome.

[Meanwhile in the bushes ahead]

The band of archer thieves heard the marching of boots and the clanging of metal, the leader of the group, who despite his size, was referred to as 'Li'l John gave the order: It sounds like a caravan, and it sounds like their rich, lets give them a little surprise.

His band of archers then jumped onto the road... right in front of the 6th Legion of the roman Army

Li'l John: Well this wasn't what I expected

Assistant: You've doomed us all

Lestrin: Get those bandits

With a cry the Roman army charged forward overtaking the fleeing archers and cutting them to pieces, afterwards their bows were cast aside and their hats used to wipe clean the blades of the legion

Civ4ScreenShot0079.JPG

[The now assembled Roman Army marched south towards Cumae and the Celtic lump, as some people called it.]

As the Army neared Cumae, a commotion could be held.

Gallic Warrior 1: Die you pathetic Roman...

[An arrow then embedded itself in his mouth and the warrior fell to the ground]

The Remaining Gallic Warriors met similar fates, the archers were just relaxing when yet another group of Gallic Warriors threw themselves from the forest , the archers, finally enraged leapt forward and pulled out daggers, they then began hacking at the Gallic Warriors that neared the city, the look on there faces could only be described as ones of pure rage...

General Auitzotl: What did we used to call the archer division defending Cumae

Tribune Lestrin: The Band of Merry Men sir

General Auitzotl: They do not look so merry now.

[The Roman Praetorians purposely took a different route through Cumae then usual to avoid stepping over the dead bodies of the Gallic warriors, as the city disappeared behind them, they could see that the archers had decided to get rid of the bodies as quickly as possible, the hillside was ablaze with burning bodies and tiny spects of light filled the sky as those either to lazy to pick up a torch or simply wishing to show off there skills shot fire arrows at the bodies of the warriors.

Civ4ScreenShot0080.JPG

To anyone still reading this thread: I haven't updated this story for awhile, mainly because I've been playing Spore, however I expect to have time to update soon, albeit with very little screenshots.

Yay! I missed this story. btw, do you like Spore, I've been thinking about getting it.

Spore is very good, one of the most unique and creative games I've seen. In addition, my friend who plays Spore and Civ told me that one of the Civ IV creators helped with the civilization stage (Note: if you want a challenge at the Civilization stage, set the game to hard because it is simply to easy on any other level). It costs about ten American dollars more then most computer games but the extra money is well worth it and the price has probably gone down anyway considering I bought about 5 days after it came out in the USA (I say USa because even though it was made here it came out a month earlier in Europe)

Sorry about lack of updates, I wrote one a few days ago but my computer is having issues staying connected to CFC, I could try posting on my Ipod but that would likely take three hours just to write half of it

Top Bottom