Did Scenario Ever Get Finished

Patine

Deity
This is a question mostly to the very old guard from back on Apolyton. In fact, I think of those still actively posting, only Techumseh, Fairline, Curtsibling, Tanelorn, and Cyrion, are likely to remember this, though there might be a few lurkers (I mean this in forum terminology of someone who reads but doesn't, or at least rarely, posts) who do as well. Some years ago on Apolyton, a poster named Exile announced a scenario for the Mexican Revolution of 1908-1917. Unfortunately, someone popped up with a fake forum ID meant to pose as an even much older poster I myself had never met who was reputedly a troublemaker named Soundwave, and this fake ID said this person "returned" with a blatant pleigarization of Exile's scenario (it seems this Soundwave person was known for copying people in his day) as some kind of big joke. The whole palaver led to Exile's scenario being entirely forgotten. Does anyone know if he finished it and, the bigger question, does anyone possibly have a copy?

Not really sure, as it was over 10 years ago, but...

I remember an unfinished Mexican scenario by Exile, and I remember Soundwave "History" (I think!) scenario which was rather heavily based (beware: understatment! ;)) on Exile's "Age of War".

I don't believe the whole thing was ment to be a joke on Exile, but rather that Soundwave was a bit over-enthusiastic and not too concerned about plagiarism... And rather young, too...

For those interested to make a comparison, Soundwave scenario can be found on this page: http://www.civfanatics.com/civ2/downloads/scenarios/modern1

Phenix (Exile) had a brilliant medieval scenario for MGE, that he never finished to my ken.
It was at the WIP stage, and was test-released, then he kind of ceased posting...
That was the last contact with him I recall...He was a truly cool CIV2 creator.

And I still play my own ToT mod of his Imperialism scenario almost every day!

That's a bit disappointing. Though, I had thought I might tackle such a scenario (either the Mexican Revolution of 1910-1917, the Mexican-American War of 1845-1848 (arguably it could start as early as 1836, though, depending on the perspective), or the Mexican Independence Struggle 1811-1824 (the actual subject of my very first Civ2 scenario I released on line)), though none of those has any remote timeline or even commitment at this point, but I was hoping to see what Exile may have done with the topic.

You could always take what Exile did and expand on it as I have done with SCW. I'm not sure if he released any files. Perhaps you could e-mail him and see if he would be willing to let you take it on. That's if he doesn't intend to come back one of these days. Would be good to hear from him again!

Top Bottom