stealth technology no longer relevant?

kpi

Chieftain
because it comes right at the end of the tech tree, do people still use it when there are space ship technologies on top of it? I seem to recall in vanilla stealth was usable before building out spaceship parts.

I use the stealth technology simply 'cause I love the extremely powerful stealth bombers. These are game winners, every single time.

Are they? I tend to win before we get to future tech stuff.

Yeah, I used to go all-out for a win in the fewest number of turns, just to prove that I could do it. Now I usually turn off all victory conditions but conquest, and just relax and kick butt for as long as it takes.:mwaha: I play on Emperor usually, once in awhile on Immortal -- on huge Pangea or Continents maps, standard speed.

It depends on your victory conditions. If you're going Science, yeah, they're pretty useless. Similar if you want a Culture/Tourism win.

If you wind up in a late-game war, though, nothing beats them for bombardment. They have insane range, do good damage and are pretty tough.

Combine them with a few XCOM Squads and you can take out enemy capitals without breaking a sweat. :D

Top Bottom