Ai world denounce me!

Johnniecash

Chieftain
So right after hitting industrial age and being pumped for ages with open border/dof/embassy requests the ai suddenly felt it was fed up with me and started to denounce me. Started with a few and then in just a matter of turns the whole world hade pretty much denouced me.

I have understood this is a common "problem" so basically I have two questions;

1: Why did they suddenly start to denounce me? I play a europe map as germany and had three short wars in a row with the poles, could that be it? But then why everyone, I could understand if some ally or friend to poles reacted but not the whole world (europe).

2: What can i do now? Is there any way to try curbe the world into liking me again. Now it just seems the are the cool kids club and im the bullied ginger fatty :(

Greatly appreciate answers, especially on second question!

Hard to say why all of them did it. But the 3 short wars have something to do with it. Industrial age eh? I am going to say you are hosed. They are your enemys for life now.

I don't think this i a common "problem", the only problem is the "warmonger" modifier, which It hink often results in people thinking the diplomacy is messed up, I presonally have managed numerous time ending up with good graces with most nations.

1. If you were an attacker, then you automatically are marked as a warmonger (this includes attacking City States even for a worker). The more you do it the more you are untrusted, (which often results in denounciations). Conquering another nation often marks you as a warmonger as well (which often happens with city state conquers really)

2. You acn't fix your diplomatic relations, however, this doesn't mean you lost, hell, you don't even need THEIR votes for diplomatic victory, except teh fact you can' buy their votes, but if you have enough votes you can focus all of your efforts on each proposal and avoid being embargoed. Just keep those City States alive, and allied.

I would say the only way to get out of it is to just not do much for a -really- long time. Try to tell leaders about plots against them, vote on their resolutions in WC, or maybe assist them in war when the next world enemy is out there can also help.

Warmongering is the major factor here. Even though they lowered the DoW effect, 3 in a row will still make anymore not your friend hate you. Did you by any chance take a city from the Poles during the war?

I found that once you fall into the denounce circle mid-game, there's no way of getting out. Early game warmongering for a worker, city, or even the enemy capitol will usually fall off by mid-late game. However, mid game denouncement will usually stick and get into a vicious circle and will most likely never fall off.

I don't even worry about denouncements anymore. They always wind up denouncing me anyway, because they know I'm going to kill them when I feel like it.:satan:

Top Bottom