City-State ally disbanding gifted units?

dirty foot

Chieftain
One of my city-state allies seems to only want one unit around at a time. I'm not seeing him losing a fight anywhere, so it seems he/she is intent on not having many units. I'm trying to shore up their defenses because the Huns won't leave them alone and I am much too far to protect them.

Is this a known issue, or am I not watching closely enough? I mean, I am handing them longswordmen to use against warriors, so I highly doubt they're losing them in the blink of an eye.

If the Huns have warriors, you have no reason to worry, haha.

Wait for the Huns to declare war, and then gift them units. They'll keep them for sure.

I've had the same thing happen to me on several occasions. At least I guess the units are disbanded - I can't see them on the visible part of the map.

If the Huns have warriors, you have no reason to worry, haha.

Wait for the Huns to declare war, and then gift them units. They'll keep them for sure.

It's honestly not me I'm worried about, I had to barter for peace between the Huns and my city-state ally thrice now because the city was almost sacked. While the Huns only have warriors and battering rams, they have many of them.

Yes they do, even when they have no army at all and pure mathematics tell you that in four turns their city will fall and that tank you gave them will save it....But nooooooo they must disband it....

Yes they do, even when they have no army at all and pure mathematics tell you that in four turns their city will fall and that tank you gave them will save it....But nooooooo they must disband it....

Is there a reason they choose to insult me by destroying the life-saving gifts I send?

Even when your CS allies don't disband your gifted units, they are usually too stupid to use them to advantage:

1. You will see them receive your catapult/x-bow/cavalry/tank/... & then immediately put it in the water right next to an enemy ship.:o:suicide:

2. They might use your gifted artillery for one turn on defense, and then they will launch an attack -- your gifted artillery with no support -- against the nearest enemy city.:yup:[pissed]

If you are gifting them longswords and they have no iron, they will disband them. Try giving them pikes.

Top Bottom