Strangest Map Layout You Have Played?

Chris3894

Warlord
The strangest one I can think of is my current domination only game, playing on continents and 7 of the 10 Civs, including myself, share the same continent I've never had that many Civs on one continent outside of Earth it's a hectic war zone and there are also around 6 CS as well. what are the strangest map layouts you have had to deal with?

Just played one on "Shuffle" that was ... fractal? Maybe? Had a long snaky continent going from north to south with a T-ish thing at the top. It 100% split the map, something that was slightly annoying given I really was planning on running cargo ships from my first coastal city to my second ... But it was pretty cool.

weird, windy, snaky continent on Pangaea with a massive mountain chain running the full length of it. You could only get through in a few spots. It was also about 1/3 hills, not what I expected form a 5000-year script. There was an enormous desert north of the mountain chain with 100s of desert tiles, resources, and about 1/2 hills as well. Wouldn't you know it the Inca spawned on that game, I think got desert folklore, and Petra, and were destroying everyone but the Zulu who were busy destroying the other 1/2 of the world. I was trapped off on this barely accessable peninsula with literally 3 entrance points around the mountains. I was safe, but couldn't grow much due to all the hills.

A nice spot to settle on, build a scout and within turns I realize I'm on a peninsula.
Nice 2 more spots will fit well and then the scout runs into a mountain by an isthmus.

Fair to say I settled down for a culture victory with 4 cities, especially after I learnt Optics and found the Aztecs behind the mountains, with an army 4 times mine I decided not to gamble on Immortal.

An intertwine archipelago that's connected to the mainland. +2 more continents; one that looks like Vatican City, and one that looks like Argentina (but 2x smaller).

Weirdest for me was contients I started out standard map but no one on my continent, except 3 CS, I play with 6, the other 6 enemies where all on the other continent waging war and getting rich from trade.

Top Bottom