EFZI2 Complete - December 22, 2012

Just started playing this today. The work and attention to detail is brilliant. The Civlopedia is a must read. this really is top-notch

Bengal Tiger... Progress is from the start but understanding what you mean, I would say by Zombiegeddon all Human Factions, when played by a Human Player, will be doing or should be doing well.
It is after that when Players will start encountering more difficulties to contend with and you will want to have captured Adventure Island at least soon after the Omega.

If you make it through and have Adventure Island you will have extreme power in the end.
Players will probably feel as though they might not make the deadline of 160 turns as it can be overwhelming at times... but hang in there and Win.

Champions are units you want enough of so what has been called "Great Leader Farming" is one thing to do.

Capture the North Shore Industry before Zombiegeddon and build the Oil Refinery, Chemical Plant and Acme Hazardous Transports. Strong Cars, Trucks and especially those Hazard Trucks will Block Strong Zombie Units.

Beware that the Toxic Colossus are very powerful but you will probably have Great Strength by then.

The more population and improvements the stronger a building becomes... same for the Zombies so capture and hold as many Buildings as you can Before Zombiegeddon and especially by the end game because the Zombies have Super Strong Units then and even a few buildings will cause you Grief.

Thanks Supa... Seems you are dong well :) Those Nurses can be a bother can't they :lol:
The Zombies build Zombie Nurse Stations in almost all buildings so they will be in the game until the end.

When you guys get ready to go after Jungle Island and Adventure Island, be sure to Kill the Giant Squids first because they can sink even a Cruiser. A Tip is to Bait them with a Cruise Mine and when they come for it Bombard them with Cruisers and Voyagers.

Many of the Special Units have Lethal Sea Bombardment as well as land. There are 50 Giant Squids and once they are killed, there will be no others. Unless your ships are injured by a Devil's Reef the Zombie Squids will tend to leave your Voyagers alone. Generally best to have "Look Out" Cruise Mines all around so IF you miss a Giant Squid, you will see them attack your Mines and you can then Kill them before they can reach your Ships. Stack Cruisers with Voyagers to guard your Voyagers and stay two tiles away from Jungle Island and Adventure Island while Bombarding them if the Zombies have reached the Omega because the Omega Zombies will Spit on them and cause Great injury... Lethal On Land :lol: same thing in the Zombie buildings against any units attacking them.

Good Luck with your play.

Thanks pvincent100
:)

2 quick things
1, How did you make the military base able to para-drop and use sewers but not trade resources?
2, the zombies have lots of chain gangs and civilians is this on purpose?

I'm slowly making progress as survivors (researching Kickin Zombie Ass so about 70 turns in). I decided to take the church first with my bombard squad to get the priest. (I took the hospital and coast guard of course right away). There didn't seem to be any way to keep the curch without tying up my bombard squad so I had to raze it. (Side note: Vuldacon you say you've won without razing cities?! I can't imagine winning as the company without razing. The ability to take cities far exceeds the ability to build units to defend cities unless you use your champions which are fairly useless on defence being king units)

After razing the church my bombard squad took the obvious targets of the graveyard, paradise resort, and snorkel beach. I want to get North Shore since I know how powerful it is but it feels too far away to justify loss of tempo. I've now generated enoiugh champions to have two attach squads so I've got one heading toward the armory and another finally making itls way to North Shore (with a stop to take the Dog Pound). I will probably take and raze Wild Boar Inn as well. I may have to send a group over to raze the radio station if the spiders get out of hand.

it feels like I'm losing too much time if I hold cities with my champions and wait until I have 20+ units extra to send over to take over the defence. Even 20 units is generally not enough at this stage in the game.

So the zombies have taken Radio station, dog pound and wild boar inn and I've retaken the Dog Pound. I've been at this stage before and my allies only had their capitals left so I'm definitely ahead of the game right now. I've been able to keep the zombies attention focused mainly on me.

Taking adventure island is likely out of the question as survivors (at least until I've conquered the whole mainland) I've landed 40 Black ops there before as the company only to see them wiped out by my next turn.

Other players: Don't forget Sam Hammer!

Also don't worry about losing the Swat, like Vuldacon said, the Authorities have the bext starting position and get the strongest units so it doesn't matter.

2 quick things
1, How did you make the military base able to para-drop and use sewers but not trade resources?
2, the zombies have lots of chain gangs and civilians is this on purpose?
maurcus...
1.Under "Improvement or Wonder" in the Editor, Flag Veteran Air Units and Not "Allows Air Trade". This is actually an Airport without the ability to Share Resources.

2. Yes, it is intentional. The Civilians come from the Fast Food Joint. Capture it and you get them as any Faction. The Chain Gang Workers come from the Penal Colony (By the Airport) and any Faction can Capture it and gain the Chain Gang Workers.

Nowell... I research directly to Kicken Zombie Ass so I can upgrade King Arthur then research Keep 'Em Out and Keep the Lights On.

You can place Strong Cars or Trucks inside Captured Buildings to help keep it. Once you have a Building surrounded with Units, the Zombies will tend to go somewhere else.

Use a Chain of Cars or Trucks toward a Building you want to Capture that is far away. You can get units and any Great Leader you gain to and From the Building that way in one turn.

I capture the Dog Pound after the Coast Guard because when I capture the TARDIS, I am at War with the Company anyway... later I sue them for Peace :)

"Booze Imports" that you can build in the Wild Boar Inn is a Great Key Location that provides Very Good Benefits you won't want to miss.

The Radio Station and Police Station are the Main Buildings you should Help by placing at least two Champions on Skyscrapers by them. Get a Right of Passage with the Authorities and Farmers so you can control when you will allow the Zombies to capture them. This way, when you have enough Units and Power, you can simply allow the Zombies to capture those Buildings then you can Capture them.

I have set the Factions with better ability to Hang in there much longer than before but yes, you will need to Help the Authorities and Farmers as I mentioned above.

IF you capture the Paradise Resort soon (around turn 40), you can already have many units to surround the Building Tiles as well as Engineers there ready to immediately clear the Dead Bodies and Join the Population. Make a size 6 population as fast as you can after clearing the Pollution and you will Build the Nerd Club in one turn then the Paradise Voyage faster.
Bait the Giant Squids, Kill them and start Bombarding Jungle Island as soon as possible.
Make your way to Adventure Island with the Voyagers and Cruisers you have and Bombard it until you can capture it. Kill Devil's Reefs along the way.

Block the Zombies from your Buildings with Complete Chains of Defending Units and the Zombies will go after open buildings they can Attack easier.

You do not want the Zombies to be able to attack you on many Fronts so try for a solid Area where you mainly control the Battle Front without having to worry too much about your Rear.

Remember that Your Defending Units that have more Hit Points are strong enough that the Zombies will tend to go around them to open Buildings... so you do not need to have only Champions all around any Building. Just use enough Units to Block the Zombies and a few Champions where needed.

I use Old War Vets in Long Chains to Block the Zombies when Playing as the Survivors... They are actually stronger than the Bad Ass Units for this. The Bad Ass Units can use the Sewers so they are good to use for sending units fast to buildings that need units. You can use Spunky Kids, Nerds and Civilians as well to cover Tiles to prevent Coffin Units and Morticians from "Un-Earthing" there.
Always try to have an Invisible Unit you can place on a Tile that is by a Building you just captured and cover all tiles with other units. The Zombies will send Hordes of Coffin Units there and they will all die trying :) Keep the Zombie Dogs and other units that Detect Invisible Units away from your Invisible Unit so the Zombies will Not know the tile is occupied.

No, I never Raze any Building as Any Faction. Too Much of a Loss that is needed as the Game progresses.

Here is an Old Screen Shot as the Survivors.

Helping the Authorities and it shows a little of the Old War Vet Chains I spoke of above.
...The Small Game Info Window shows I have more control of my Rear.
Note the Road Warrior is there to Block the Colossus that the Zombies can send from the Cinema.
HelpingTheAuthorities.png

Last edited:
Hmm I didn't realize you could get to Keep Em Out that fast. I thought I had to get Guns, keep em out, keep the lights and Do it yourself first. That will make a big difference. Badasses seem better than Old War Vets in every stat except vets are cheaper but I can build either one in 1 turn so the cost is negligible. I never build vets.
Thanks for the tips.

I know Wild Boar inn has the Booze imports which is nice but I can take about 2 buildings every 7 - 10 turns and there is just no way I can build enough units to hold them right now. I never tried surrounding the buildings though since I assumed units would get a better defensive bonus inside the "cities".

I never thought about taking the dog pound before the zombies do, it feels anti-thematic :). I guess the company can't hurt me. I have had a short war with the farmers already after they ran into a spunky kid (I think) that was annoying.

Nwoll... spunky Kids are Not Invisible so that is not what caused the War with the farmers.

Yes, Bad Asses do appear better but as I said concerning Defending Units... Old War Vets are Better. WHY? Because they have more Hit Points, despite what the Military Advisor says :)
This is the Same for the Company Security Units as well.
Look at the STATS and use Hit Points for Defending Units.

It's now 4pm on Day 10...

Good news is I've managed to take Snorkel Beach, Paradise Resort, and the Graveyard from the Zombies, as well as reclaiming Tokugawa's home, Hannibal's place, the Garage, and Furniture Store. I briefly held the retirment home before being overwhelmed and losing it.

Bad news is The Farmers are down to one city and the Company to two, so virtually all of the Zombies focus is on me now. Cruisers have been invaluable in taking and securing locations on the West part of the Island. I had just finished researching Impose Martial Law, putting an end to my producing any SWAT teams in favour of National Guards, as well as changing my Attitude accordingly. However, it was during this tumultous period that the zombies reached The Omega.

I was about to take the Graveyard when it was reinforced with Toxic Colossuses while Omega Zombies raced towards all my other cities. All other sieges were abruptly ended as I struggled unsuccessfully to repel the Omega Zombies amongst others from entering my territory, but I was able to take the graveyard and have enough firepower left over to gain a short reprieve. I was about to admit to myself that the game was likely done, and the most I could do was prolong the inevitable, when I built the Authorities Think Tank...and boy was I surprised at how helpful that was.

Now if I can just delay long enough for the Military Base to create some major units, I might have a chance at victory. My greatest long-term worry is the time limit, but I think I have a chance at defeating the Zombies.

Nwoll... spunky Kids are Not Invisible so that is not what caused the War with the farmers.

Yes, Bad Asses do appear better but as I said concerning Defending Units... Old War Vets are Better. WHY? Because they have more Hit Points, despite what the Military Advisor says :)
This is the Same for the Company Security Units as well.
Look at the STATS and use Hit Points for Defending Units.

Well if Badasses are better for attack then they are better for defence also, since both the stats for Badasses is two higher for each stat, but they just have one less HP in comparison.

Well if Badasses are better for attack then they are better for defence also, since both the stats for Badasses is two higher for each stat, but they just have one less HP in comparison.
classical_hero... simply not true because that extra Hit Point reduces the Zombies attacking those units in the first place as well as makes them stronger Building Defenders. It is more the Defense and Hit Point settings for Units that makes them stronger and of those two settings, Hit Points are an especially strong setting. Look at Riot Cops :)

Been waiting for this classic for along time, great scenario. Thanks to all that took the time to produce this. :):):)

I have all the required capabilities for the SWAT team and am producing them. I take it the cops and riot cops cannot be upgraded???

Around turn 50 and starting to take some cities!!!!

:D:D:D:D

Hmmm, great. Downloading now. Will report.

Alas...I was defeated. My cities did a fair job of staving off zombie invasions, but in the North part I had about 4 tanks implementing a scorched earth policy out of desperation(I've never had to do that in the previous version). I razed the Armory and Paratrooper Base, but alas while they were off conquering those an enormous amount of Omega Zombies, Screeches, and Toxic Colossuses as well as Morticians had surrounded the Military base within a single turn, and despite sending in numerous Snipers and Champions from other Buildings via the Sewers, it was not enough to hold them back, and the Military base was taken. With any hope of rescue from the military gone, and only a handful of tanks left over, it was deemed time to pull out of Paradise Island(i.e. retire). Which is a shame, as I was about two turns away from building my first Nuke, which might have helped greatly turned the tide.

I'll be trying again on a lower setting, perhaps PG.

Typo, Vuld… it's Christian Bale…

Also, in general, Tokugawa's Home is very easily reclaimable, and I generated two leaders straight away. Them and Vuldacon appear to generate a humungous risk of the Coastguard being taken early.

Takhisis... Thanks...Players can change that Typo.

Yes, The Authorities can prevent the Coast Guard from Being Captured and the Farmers and Survivors can Capture it the second turn. The Company can capture it on their fourth turn. That is all intentional along with Tokugawa's Home. All for the Human Player.

I don`t understand what is the difference between playing this on regent and, say, sid - in both cases zombies build 1 unit per turn from all their buildings ( plus autoproduced ones). So the only difference is that they grow a bit faster and that there are some happiness issues?

The Vuldacon rocks, man! And the Zombies just lurch around without even seeing it! Withing another turn or two I'll have driven them out.

The Tokugawa's home has the Zombie Virus as an incentive for me to reconquer it quickly, amirite?

:clap:

Congrats on finishing this scenario at long last. :) Now to find my Civ III CD so I can play this.

I don`t understand what is the difference between playing this on regent and, say, sid - in both cases zombies build 1 unit per turn from all their buildings ( plus autoproduced ones). So the only difference is that they grow a bit faster and that there are some happiness issues?
iPwn... There is Much More Corruption in higher Levels and the Zombies have more Unit Support and Unit Bonuses. The Reason why the Game keeps the same number of starting Units on all levels is for Game Play. The Coast Guard, Hospital and Mr Tokugawa's Place will fall to the Zombies unless the Authorities or Survivors are played by a Human Player who can save them. IF the Numbers of Starting Units were to increase, those Buildings may not Fall as was designed.

The Vuldacon rocks, man! And the Zombies just lurch around without even seeing it! Withing another turn or two I'll have driven them out.

The Tokugawa's home has the Zombie Virus as an incentive for me to reconquer it quickly, amirite?
Takhisis... Many Starting Zombie Buildings have Zombie Virus but the Main reason to capture Mr Tokugawa's Place is so you can Build the Shinto Shrine and later, King Arthur's Sniper School and naturally, you want to Limit the buildings the Zombies have of course :)

Bluemofia... Thanks, Hope you enjoy the Game.

NOTE: As Takhisis posted, Christain Bale should be Christian Bale. Thought I had corrected all of my Dyslexic Typos.
You can edit the Biq to correct the name or change it in game. This Survivor Champion is located between My Tokugawa's Place and the Fast Food Joint, Above the Fast Food Joint on an Apartment Block.
At some point I will probably Upload the Game again to correct anything found that is in error... There should not be many others but if anyone discovers any, please let me know :)

Top Bottom