The Immortal Challenge Lineup - Game #27 Korea

At turn 150, going for CV.

Spoiler :

Settled in spot, since I didn't see much reason to move. I originally came into this with a domination victory in mind, but I decided to wonderwhore instead since I was in a position to do so. 5 city Tradition.

2015-05-25_00006.jpg

T300 SV

Well, finally the game didnt end as fast as i expected, did too many mistakes this game, still have a lot to learn, winning most of thoose imortal games but i think i'm still far from a deity player lvl.
Spoiler :

The mistakes :
didnt settle 4th city on the river/mountain to the east.
forgot to max out my cargoships for gold income...
forgot to give buzan enough food trade routes, which was a big mistake cause the city had pretty low food tiles.
didnt save enough gold to buy science buildings.
didnt steal/build enough workers (just 1 worker and 2 settler from celts)

lets train a bit more, at least only lost/rage quited 2 games from ICL right now and both cause of assyria(japan and arabian ones) ...

thx for games and have fun everyone.

275 CV

Spoiler :

I concentrated on wonders and hammers, and not science, for the last half of the game, which meant I got to The Internet quite late. I spammed archaeologists before public schools and observatories, which had a big impact on that fact.

I was far ahead on science in the early game, though, and got all the wonders I wanted in the renaissance - and eventually the theming bonuses from them as well.

The Huns and Spain were enemies (of my design) until Spain wiped the Huns out in the mid-game. After that I kept Spain busy with other enemies, but she got quite hostile in the end. I managed to secure open borders throughout the game, though, and had an easy finish, with more musicians in store if i\I needed them.

I rarely have three cities to build wonders in, so the map was interesting for a CV for me. I started the map thinking I'd do a domination victory, and this map is probably extremely well suited for domination with, but things just turned out in this instance for me to favour wonder building to see how far I could push it in that sense.

I thank the person who shared this map for an interesting game.

2015-05-26_00012.jpg
2015-05-26_00013.jpg

T313 SV

Spoiler :

Spoiler :
Sloppy game. Early game was a bit rough. Stole 1 CS worker, hard built the rest. The barbs harassed me more than normal which delayed my city planting. My third city went down on turn 68 or so, much later than I was hoping for. WLTKD lux's were difficult to obtain. I initially went for a CV but I had to switch to SV once I realized how much Theodora was outproducing me in culture, but by then I had already invested a significant amount into it, including beelining acoustics and rushing SC. Started a religion purely for the 15% production boost in the capital. I got a bit complacent with my tile working. Was the only one that went Freedom, and towards the end revolutionary wave hurt a bit, but otherwise happiness was not a significant issue this game. Nobody declared war on me the entire game, but I was pretty confident in my ability to fend off an attack. Had an insufficient amount of GS's ready when plastics was popped, so I had to drag my way through the upper half of the tree. Luckily I managed to do at least one thing right and timed a GW bulb for rationalism finisher with a GS spawn, allowing me to get the last tech and buy the last SS part. Would've finished even later if not for that. Oh, well.

SV T254

Spoiler :

4 city tradition/freedom. The start was kinda slow and also huns slowed me down a bit due to war but not much. In any case fun and relaxed game :)

consentient:
Your time is not as bad as you think :) Sure sub T220 is possible here but ~T250 is also nice when you play relaxed and maybe do not pay attention to every detail :D

Attachments

• sun_korea_icl.jpg
    sun_korea_icl.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 419
t157
Spoiler :
I'm trying the ever-popular Liberty/Piety DomV. :lol: Since there was a lot of space I went Liberty, and planned to fill my area, but Attila took out Indo pretty early. I bribed him against my BFF Spain, and took Jakarta with Archers. It took some maneuvering, but I took Attila's 2nd city with CBs after he settled his 3rd near Jakarta. His cap fell easily after, with GLH.

Then onto Spain as our DoF ended, but I lost over 1/2 my CBs against her 25 strength city, that has never happened. I should have retreated. So now I am starting to harass Celts with only 4 XBs and a Pike. She has 30% city shooting, ugh. I am teching for Muskets and Canons. I don't think I'm going to touch Lizzie until Artillery. I can't meet the 2 mystery civs, they apparently don't have Astronomy, and I don't want to bother with Navigation. I may have just stopped warring had I met them already.

Had I planned for DomV I wouldn't have settled my 4th city just for Marble, it doesn't have much production. I used the Liberty GE for GW, I enjoy doing that on Immortal. I just wish the graphic would spread more mid-late game.

Full Liberty and 4 in Piety. I delayed Reformation just to get more cash from Temples - only Celts founded near me, so Rel Tolerance is worthless. I have Pagodas almost everywhere, so am going to start spamming GPs. I took God-King, Tithe, Pagodas, Peace Gardens, and Itin Preach.

I built MoH and GW in Seoul, Oracle and Pyramids in KSM city, and Machu in E city.

Attachments

• 2015-05-29_00001.jpg
    2015-05-29_00001.jpg
    428.6 KB · Views: 324
t234 DomV (Liberty/Piety/Commerce/Autocracy)
Spoiler :
Well, you can war on Immortal with Piety (no Holy Warriors), but it gets pretty bloody without Honor. At least for me! After losing half my range units on Madrid, I lost a whole lot more of everything on London. The AI really played her well, sniping with overlapping fields of fire with LB, and keeping SotL safely in ocean tiles. I ended the game with 8 Turtle Ships, and I only had one attack vs Liz. They made no difference until the end when I started hitting a few of Captain Underpants' ships, but my Frigates did much more damage.

I have never built so many forts. I burned 3 citadels to get at London. This was the only way to take the city, I had to kill the LB and SotL inside. I was slow to get to Artillery - I started to beeline, but didn't want to lose the GW, and WF was starting when I would have been building canons, so went for Sci Theory first (I Reformed with Jesuit Ed) and then Gats. Winning WF helped me finish Commerce very quickly, which finally solved my happy issues.

I had a DOF with Cas for quite a while, until I backstabbed with loads of Arty and Cavalry. He only had a few WHussars, and was at -40% happy penalty. I took four of his cities. Honolulu fell in one turn, I didn't even fire all my Arty.

Earlier I left Spain with 2 cities, and she eventually killed off Attila, which was mildly satisfying.

It was fun to fill Piety 2nd, no Rat. This makes for a rather interesting Immortal experience. Nobody went Piety, which was the reason I tried it. Strangely, I got my 3rd best score - behind the OP April Fool's Deity Venice game and ICL 16 Siam.

Attachments

• 2015-05-30_00005.jpg
    2015-05-30_00005.jpg
    449.8 KB · Views: 302
  • 2015-05-29_00002.jpg
    2015-05-29_00002.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 317
T291 SV

Spoiler :

2015-05-31_00004.jpg
Relatively straightforward, Attila kept on declaring war on me, I think he did it about 6 or 7 times. He never did any real damage, just slowed me down.

Turn 300 SV

Went four-city tradition/rat/freedom after a three-city NC, hence why Daegu probably isn't in a great spot. Still have a lot of areas to improve in my SV game, not sure if I'm maximising the use of GS to bulb techs at the right time, and need to work on the timing of gold to coincide with the purchasing of gold buildings, but then I always find collecting gold tougher on Immortal than on Deity. However, definitely felt I managed the diplomacy aspect much better on this game and managed to maintain mostly friendly relations throughout until ideologies, also maintained a decent military force to act as a deterrent to war.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 21.27.07.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 21.27.07.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 21.27.16.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 21.27.16.jpg
    359.4 KB · Views: 103
  • Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 21.31.08.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 21.31.08.jpg
    547.4 KB · Views: 76
Spoiler :
Fastest science victory to date. I did not build a single military unit this game (except two scouts at the beginning). I allied really fast Sidon early game after clearing a barbarian camp and it stayed so the whole game. Attila took out Indonesia then Spain took out Attila. I never had to go to war with anyone, except when I backstabbed Polynesia to free up some GPT. It was the first game where I used the gold lending trick and I was able to purchase all SS parts.

Civ5Screen0006.jpg

Top Bottom