Civilizations by ldvhl

The Squamish have been updated to fix the missing GWoL slot on the Potlatch House, thanks to Senshi. Hoping to get everything wrapped up on the Tehuelche soon also.

Hey all, small progress update time:

• The Tehuelche are getting close to compleation. I just have the civ and UU alphas to do and then it's getting shipped off to Senshi for wrapping up. This one will be a three-way collaboration between me, Hoop Thrower, and Senshi.
  • The Selk'nam are in-progress. The big hurdle for these guys will be getting their UU model done. These guys are another three-way between me, Hoop, and Senshi.
  • The Shawnee are very close to completion. Once the Tehuelche are off to Senshi, these guys shouldn't take too much longer to get out.
  • The Muscogee require a little more work to get together, but they use the same UU model as the Shawnee and can probably be wrapped up without a whole lot more work. They do need a UI model though.
  • After the Muscogee, I don't know yet where I'll be going.

I wouldn't really say the Tehuelche and Selk'nam are collabs, I'm just compiling them and the sort :p

Wait until you see how bad I am at putting stuff together and how much you'll need to fix.

Hey all, small progress update time:

• The Tehuelche are getting close to compleation. I just have the civ and UU alphas to do and then it's getting shipped off to Senshi for wrapping up. This one will be a three-way collaboration between me, Hoop Thrower, and Senshi.
  • The Selk'nam are in-progress. The big hurdle for these guys will be getting their UU model done. These guys are another three-way between me, Hoop, and Senshi.
  • The Shawnee are very close to completion. Once the Tehuelche are off to Senshi, these guys shouldn't take too much longer to get out.
  • The Muscogee require a little more work to get together, but they use the same UU model as the Shawnee and can probably be wrapped up without a whole lot more work. They do need a UI model though.
  • After the Muscogee, I don't know yet where I'll be going.

This is great news! :D
Maybe after the Muscogee, you could focus on either the Chumash or Pomo. There still hasn't been a civ from the California cultural area yet. I know Gatoutak was planning their own versions of these two, but they haven't been around for a while..

This is great news! :D
Maybe after the Muscogee, you could focus on either the Chumash or Pomo. There still hasn't been a civ from the California cultural area yet. I know Gatoutak was planning their own versions of these two, but they haven't been around for a while..

You're totally right and that's a distinct possibility. Maybe I'll put up a poll or something when we get to that point to see who's interested in what.

Really feel like not reading the stuff on the Civ6 forum...I see people justifying the exclusion of civs like the Zulu and Shoshone from Civ6. If we have impact on history as the main criteria for civs, then we can rule out a lot of European civs as well. How much of an impact is needed?

Really feel like not reading the stuff on the Civ6 forum...I see people justifying the exclusion of civs like the Zulu and Shoshone from Civ6. If we have impact on history as the main criteria for civs, then we can rule out a lot of European civs as well. How much of an impact is needed?

Linkles?
I'd love to be my usual pompous self and weigh in.

It's pretty cringe-worthy. Start at the beginning:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=14266408#post14266408

As a comment, I plan on continuing to mod 5 up until I decide to dive in and play 6. So provided I've got the help, please be hype for seeing my planned civs.

And if I dive into 6, any civs I've made or planned to make will be on my to-do list for 6 (because I don't trust Firaxis to make all the civs I want to see).

It's pretty cringe-worthy. Start at the beginning:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=14266408#post14266408

As a comment, I plan on continuing to mod 5 up until I decide to dive in and play 6. So provided I've got the help, please be hype for seeing my planned civs.

And if I dive into 6, any civs I've made or planned to make will be on my to-do list for 6 (because I don't trust Firaxis to make all the civs I want to see).
Eh, I find people suggesting Stalin and Lenin for Russia more cringeworthy. And modern leaders for old Civs.

I see people justifying the exclusion of civs like the Zulu

I agree that smaller nations should be included, but I feel like people are always going to question the inclusion of them when they act in a way completely different from they did in reality, like when Shaka creates a vast, scientific advanced global empire, and end up conquering Britain, it is so ironic that people can't help but think 'this is weird- Shaka shouldn't really even be in the game'. Obviously Shaka is a significant historical figure, but I think that people scrutinise him due to how much he over-performs in almost every game compared to how powerful he was in actuality. But seeing as it is just a game, this isn't really a problem.

Aye, someone was saying that they want to see Thatcher lead England - which triggered me ever-so-slightly :p

UA: Sell all your industry, gain a lump sum of a gold, then throw it all away in a war on an island halfway across the map.

I imagine Elizabeth will lead England again. If there are alternate leaders, well... it's complicated. They'd probably add Victoria, which is also famous and woman She didn't, however, lead England, but the UK. On the other hand, they could add Henry VIII, and if there are more than two, Richard I or Oliver Cromwell, which are actually English leaders.
I just hope that if they add leaders that led a country with a different name (for example, Soviet Union instead of Russia), it changes accordingly, alongside perhaps the civ colors, map and icon.

Eh, I find people suggesting Stalin and Lenin for Russia more cringeworthy.

I wouldn't call it cringeworthy. Stalin was, after all, in Civ IV, and is a fairly famous leder (being a competent one is arguable though). But yeah, he should ONLY be in as an alternate leader, and only after Catherine and Peter (and perhaps Ivan IV and/or Alexander II).

And modern leaders for old Civs.
What do you mean? Saddam Hussein should totally be the leader of Babylon. I can't see anything historically incorrect there at all.

<ukrainian>I'd really like to not hear any discussion of Stalin as a leader in CiVI please, at least in my mod civ thread.</ukrainian>

UA: Sell all your industry, gain a lump sum of a gold, then throw it all away in a war on an island halfway across the map.

Ayyyy, you forgot to increase Great Musician points when the empire is unhappy but otherwise we have the perfect tongue-in-cheek Thatcher civ right there :p

On the other hand, they could add Henry VIII, and if there are more than two, Richard I or Oliver Cromwell, which are actually English leaders.

I think Cromwell is a really interesting figure, but I really doubt we'd ever see him officially in a Civ game as a leader though having a UA called 'God's Executioner' might just be badass enough to see him feature in a mod though :p. His political legacy is just too divisive even to this day in the UK, for good reason - though this is coming from someone raised by Irish Catholics, so I can see that I'm probably a little too biased to be the judge of this.

On the same note, I don't really feel that Henry VIII really fits the role as a 'great' leader of England - sure he's a attractive historical figure, and has an interesting personality, but I think there are far more fitting choices for the Default leader of this Green and Pleasant land.

Also, the whole bias thing mentioned above obviously applied to Henry as well :p

Now, seeing as ldvhl doesn't seem to have the intention to make any form of English or British civ - I guess this conversation has gotten off-topic enough. I'm looking forward to the release of the Patagonian civs, it'll be really nice to have some more variation in that area for TSL games.

That's amazing Hoop. I don't understand Spanish though - is that a trailer for a full-length thing?

*Screams in Spanish*

It's a trailer. Also, obligatory hype for the Selk'nam of course.

Top Bottom