Danmacsch's (Damasc's) civilizations

Actually there haven't been any OP claims. Yet..
It's just that it annoys me that people seem to give mods negative voting on Steam without any feedback. But yeah, I guess that's Steam for you.

In other news, regalman and I (with the aid of Reedstilt) has come one step closer to finalising the design for Tut. It's going to insanely fun I think! We still need to figure out some details, and then we're going to need someone able and willing to do some semi-advanced UI coding for us.
Edit:
Could just be that people don't like what they've never heard of.
I definitely think this is the case, as the design is IMO really nice and entertaining to play with.

Maybe the design is really bad?

Could just be that people don't like what they've never heard of.

I dunno - I feel that in that situation I'd just avoid 'liking' it rather than actively disliking the civ itself - or at least provide some idea of why
I'd consider the design bad or whatever.

Good news on Tut however - really looking forward to seeing what you guys have settle on for his uniques and such.

That in mind - what are your current priorities for civ releases?

Actually there haven't been any OP claims. Yet..
It's just that it annoys me that people seem to give mods negative voting on Steam without any feedback. But yeah, I guess that's Steam for you.

Yeah, people have done that to the GW Collection too, though the reason why should be fairly equine obvious. Still stupid.

Danmacsch said:
In other news, regalman and I (with the aid of Reedstilt) has come one step closer to finalising the design for Tut. It's going to insanely fun I think! We still need to figure out some details, and then we're going to need someone able and willing to do some semi-advanced UI coding for us.

Awesome! Although he wasn't really the most important pharao ever, he is the most iconic, and seeing all these Egyptian civs without Tut is sort of weird. What focus are you aiming for? Something with mummies, maybe?

Danmacsch said:
Edit:

I definitely think this is the case, as the design is IMO really nice and entertaining to play with.

thank you

I dunno - I feel that in that situation I'd just avoid 'liking' it rather than actively disliking the civ itself - or at least provide some idea of why the I'd consider the design bad or whatever.

That's what you'd do, and it's what I'd do, but Steamers are very different creatures from you and I. :p

That in mind - what are your current priorities for civ releases?
Struensee is first in line following a bunch of minor updates (primarily ynaemp v24 support). Then I'd really like to resume work (yet again once more) on the Faroe Islands, but it'll need for me to settle on a design; particularly for the UA and UU, which has charged multiple times during the process. But maybe coming back to it after a long break, will prove to have been what was needed.
And then what.. It depends on several other things. I have three collaborations going on, plus the previously mentioned Mega project (hereby confirmed to be centred on Ethiopia and Eritrea :D !!!), which is seriously challenging my coding abilities. I'm mostly trying to get all the art together right now having recently completed three leader scenes, and a bunch of icons. But juggling so many projects at once kind of drains me of time, of which I have preciously little to begin with. Oh well, that's the way it is I guess :)..
Awesome! Although he wasn't really the most important pharao ever, he is the most iconic, and seeing all these Egyptian civs without Tut is sort of weird. What focus are you aiming for? Something with mummies, maybe?
IDK if I would say he's the most iconic Pharaoh of all time, but definitely up there :p. But yes Mummies are... well part of the focus, and definitely essential to the other major part of the focus ;). I (or regalman) might reveal more once we're further in the process.

Yeah, p much. Ragusa's been undergoing so many revisions that we can't really get it to do what we want without it becoming some completely Frankensteinian DLL obscenity.

like cbp ooooooooooh

Well if the European civ on the handily updated OP map isn't Ragusa (which it could very well be) I've little idea to what civ it could correspond. Unless a Kingdom of Illyria civ (presumably early rather than Napoleonic :p) is in the works as a LITE collab, which I think is fairly far fetched :mischief:

Nice to see a civ in Southern Africa and Madagascar as well, really curious to see what they could end up being.

@Klisz:

I have three collaborations going on, plus the previously mentioned Mega project (hereby confirmed to be centred on Ethiopia and Eritrea :D !!!)

Reading comprehension is a dying art... =]

RIP Ragusa
Saddened by the above post - particularly because it's true - I spent a lot of time both yesterday and today on the design, and despite having said this before I think it's close to being finished. But I need to learn how to make custom UI components (more than just a single button as with Burundi) first.

Iirc, I once had some music for Ragusa, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. Any suggestions?

Iirc, I once had some music for Ragusa, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. Any suggestions?

I think it was an edit of two versions of 'Snowy Mountains' that I mushed together from the Bad Company 2 OST. It was being used for the war theme but we agreed it was more of a placeholder till we found something more appropriate.

I've added some classical music to the Trello we've got set up for Ragusa. Not only is it fitting with the theme and synergistic with the design, it's also written by people from the Republic itself!

I can't remember if it was reported on this thread, but on steam a user reported that the Nuraghic UI was buildable outside of it's freshwater requirement. I started up a game as Sardus myself to check this (and to enjoy the civ again :p) and this did seem to be the case.

It also seems that Ipogeos do not require one to remove features like jungles and forests, I don't know if this is intended or not however.

Well, they kind of don't in real life. A hypogeum is basically a sacred pool mined out in a hillside, so there's no reason why they would. Plus, if you get Jungle tiles on Hills, that's a pretty good investment. =]

I'll be doing a round of minor updates of all civs before releasing Struensee. I'll make sure to fix the Ipogeo freshwater requirement as well.
About it being constructable without removing features, well, let's go with 'intended' on that one ;).

Oh, and any guesses as to what this might be for:
Spoiler :

Top Bottom