COTM 5 quick game

Theoden

Deity
GOTM Staff
This quick game focuses on building a military force in the early years of the game.

The Game
It is the year 3100 BC in the Incan Empire.

The leader of the empire, Pachacuti, has great plans for the future. He has declared that he will conquer the world as fast as possible. To fulfill that plan, however, the Incans will need horses to mount fast warriors. Pachacuti has sent out scouts in the hope of finding a supply of these hoofed beasts, but the only source of horses they have been able to find is located within the Greek city of Athens.

Although the city is heavily defended, Pachacuti vows to capture it as soon as he manages to build an army strong enough to do it. Nothing shall delay his eventual conquest. As he leaves Alexander's throne room he mumbles: "You just wait. When the time turns 550 BC, I will stand ready with an army to crush you, and Athens with its horses will be mine for the taking."

The Objective
The objective is to have the strongest possible military by 550 BC (turn 100). The strength of a unit is calculated as (Attack + Defense) * Hit Points. Bombard units (not counting archers, etc.) are worth Bombard Strength * 3.

Rules:
The rules are the standard rules we use in the COTM competition.

Other info
This quick game requires C3C 1.22 to play

Latest submission date is April 10th
To submit your game go to the gotm submission page and submit it as C3C Bonus 5, choosing the retirement option as victory condition. Ignore the response with jason score it gives you afterwards. Losses can be submitted too.

Once you have finished/submitted the game head over to the spoiler thread to discuss the game. Even if you miss the submission date we would still like to hear your story.

Attachments

• QG_Inca_3100BC.SAV
    83.4 KB · Views: 525
:woohoo: A new quick game! And the early military variant I wished for, too! I´m really looking forward to playing this one. :)

Theoden, could you please reveal the difficulty level? I´m using MapStat rather then CAII these days, and only the latter would tell.
edit: And a word on the barb setting, maybe?

It's the COTM 5 game. Regent, restless barbs, standard pangeia.

:banana: This looks like fun!!

I suggest that any players who have submitted the current game, and who still have a copy of their saved game files, should preserve those files in case the uploaded files have been lost in the server crash.

Update: The server is back in business. We don't appear to have lost any data.

Can we have a spoiler-thread, please? All (5) participants have submitted already I guess :blush:

I am now in the middle of my QG, but I have a question on scoring:

By 'hitpoints', do you mean the length of the bar (regular=3, veteran=4 etc.) or the actual hitpoints on the bar, which could mean only 1 for a wounded elite unit?

By hit points I essientially mean the experience level of the unit. It doesn't matter if it's injured or not.

Although I see you already have submitted now :)

Theoden said:
By hit points I essientially mean the experience level of the unit. It doesn't matter if it's injured or not.

Although I see you already have submitted now :)

Yeah, I didn't happen to have any injured units in the end. But thanks anyway. I was just wondering half way when some of my units were walking the earth severely wounded and I wanted to keep my Excell-sheet correct :D

I'm sorry to do this, but I need to send a PM, could you please empty your PM box because it is full. I would have sent you an email about this, but you don't want them from here, which is fine, so this is the last resort for me. Thanks.

Top Bottom