[BTS] Ethnically Diverse Units v3.0

Mine appears to crash when there is an Asian worker or Scout.

That is why sometimes it crash before the game or durring. At least this is my guess for why my games crashes.

I apologize folks but I indeed somehow removed the entries for asian scout and worker and that's what was causing the crashes. I posted a new version (3.14) with the fix in the first post. However, for those that already have 3.13 and don't want to download the whole thing again you can just download this zip http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/76988/CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.zip with the fixed xml file. It should do the trick.

Please let me know if you encounter further problems.

P.S. Added screenshot of African units to first post.

Fantastic! No more crashing . . . :goodjob:

I just started a game as Shaka, and even though the African set isn't complete yet the new units still make the experience so much better. Everything is well done, but I like the African axeman the best . . . finally, no more s&m leather axe guy . . .:lol:

Thanks Rabbit and company!

wich expanson packs do u need for it? i only got bts and the original civ4 and i just think these units are great! keep it up!

wich expanson packs do u need for it? i only got bts and the original civ4 and i just think these units are great! keep it up!
Just BTS will do. Although if there are any problems due to the fact that you don't have Warlords, and I'm 99.99% sure that there won't be, please do let me know as I didn't specifically test for that case.

I'm still having my game crash with no explanation even after downloading the xml fix - unfortunately, I really don't have a way of pinpointing what it is. I'm attaching the saved game if that will help someone figure out what it is.

Attachments

• Darius I AD-0960.CivBeyondSwordSave
    555.8 KB · Views: 90
Well I've added all these African units to my CusomAssets. I've also added musketmen for the styles as well. What do you think? :)

I've also been thinking of using Chugginator's worker(s), and maybe giving that horsearcher an actual bow (plus, to make it look more different from the Numidian Horseman)

Guess I better wait with putting this unit set in EthnicArtstyles until it's finished.

Question:

(two actually)

1. Are you planning to include more ethnic groups, like South Asian/Indian for example?

2. Are you planning to include ethnic units for more later units, like Muskets and Cavalry (i don't think modern is necesssary, but perhaps reinessance units?)?

Could you also add danrell's units?

I am making a version of this EDU with all of Danrell's units for those who want it. I'm actually waiting for the file to be approved and then I will post a link. It also has Bakuel's egyptian and african models, and the following civs have full or partial unique unit graphics:

Arabia
Babylon/Sumaria
Byzantine
Carthage
Egypt
France
Germany
Greece
Netherlands
Holy Roman
Ottoman/India
Persia
Portugal
Rome
Russia
Spain

I am making a version of this EDU with all of Danrell's units for those who want it. I'm actually waiting for the file to be approved and then I will post a link. It also has Bakuel's egyptian and african models, and the following civs have full or partial unique unit graphics:

Arabia
Babylon/Sumaria
Byzantine
Carthage
Egypt
France
Germany
Greece
Netherlands
Holy Roman
Ottoman/India
Persia
Portugal
Rome
Russia
Spain

I can't wait :)

files were too big to upload to this site apparently. I uploaded it to 3D downloads last night, but still waiting for it to be approved. Of course after uploading it I discovered that the Russian Chariot xml has an error in it which makes the chariot model for them not show up and so the first upload will need to have that manually corrected until I can get a 2nd upload approved. I'll post the exact changes once it gets approved and submit the corrected version today.

Top Bottom