More Civilisations

This topic should be split into two parts.

One part for Tibet and one for showing off the mods that you are working on. Right now there are two different conversations going on, making this thread hard to follow or contribute too./QUOTE]

It's not worse than the "BNW 9 New Civilizations Thread" hehe...

Pouakai said:
I'll talk to our Lua experts

Hah, I wish I had Lua experts :p ... So... I believe there are ways to make Mountains actually workable by citizens... So, in my opinion if you have Mountains yield Culture and Faith, you could have both well centered in the personality of the civilization without adding so much of a bonus to every single citizen (yes, I know Korea does that, but nobody said Korea is balanced).

Or, simply have a false building (which can be hidden through lua) that requires the city be founded next to a mountain (like Macchu Picchu) and is gifted to each city (this actually only requires xml)... And then settling near mountains could have a Bonus to culture, more like Radio Stations (instead of an static number, a percentage, which you don't need to mention in the UA so it won't be ugly)...

Aside from that... The Stupa could not have its yield bonuses, but rather something like, whenever you purchase a Missionary you get X culture... That would be interesting...

This topic should be split into two parts.

One part for Tibet and one for showing off the mods that you are working on. Right now there are two different conversations going on, making this thread hard to follow or contribute too./QUOTE]

It's not worse than the "BNW 9 New Civilizations Thread" hehe...

Hah, I wish I had Lua experts :p ... So... I believe there are ways to make Mountains actually workable by citizens... So, in my opinion if you have Mountains yield Culture and Faith, you could have both well centered in the personality of the civilization without adding so much of a bonus to every single citizen (yes, I know Korea does that, but nobody said Korea is balanced).

Or, simply have a false building (which can be hidden through lua) that requires the city be founded next to a mountain (like Macchu Picchu) and is gifted to each city (this actually only requires xml)... And then settling near mountains could have a Bonus to culture, more like Radio Stations (instead of an static number, a percentage, which you don't need to mention in the UA so it won't be ugly)...

Aside from that... The Stupa could not have its yield bonuses, but rather something like, whenever you purchase a Missionary you get X culture... That would be interesting...

I really like these ideas!

Okay, so we get that it's a bad choice. What about the faith / culture from mountain tiles?

That sounds like a great idea, and maybe expand on that with adding more culture and faith via techs or buildings. There's an idea for the Stupa; 3 Faith, 1 Happiness, 1 Culture and/or Faith for every mountain tile.

Just want to throw in my thoughts about changing India's UA -- I've seen ideas around the forums about giving India faith and/or food from river tiles. I always liked that idea. I do think pop. growth should factor in to India in some form.

IMO India's UA should change as little as possible, but buff it to make it more appealing and fun to play. Their playstyle shouldn't have to change.

We're going to try and ensure they keep the tall playstyle, so we're keeping the good part of their UA. But since they're the only UA with a negative aspect we'd like to try and remove that, maybe in favour of either another growth bonus or a religious bonus (Since they're the home to at least three religions)

Okay, so we've got 90% of the art done for the Ayyubids, all we need now is a flag and model for the Mameluke - is anyone interested in helping out?

the Ayyubids are very difficult to produce a flag for since their flag is just yellow. Best I can think of is a yellow background with a golden sun in the foreground depicting their Kurdish origin. The Mamluk is also a bit difficult but there are a few ideas, mainly their hats and helmets;
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Mabye the Marmeluke Sword is another idea, a marine sword used nowadays that resemble the armament of the Mamluks;

Spoiler :

As for changing India's UA I agree with a food and faith bonus. I'm thinking 1 Faith for every tile adjacent to a River. Cities adjacent to Rivers produce 25% Food and 2 Happiness.

Hello! I absolutely love this project, I practically lit up when I downloaded it from the workshop on a whim and noticed Nzinga Mbande in the Zambezi project. Although I don't have much to offer besides some amateur vexillology, let me at least try to give back some since you've included one o' my favorite civs *and* leaders into a game I quite enjoy.

For the Ayyubid Standard, I'd recommend a background of pale gold, like so - and transpose an image of three arrows behind a sun (a darker yellow). Though the arrows would be more appropriate for the Circassian Mamelukes, this gives the flag more of a presence without making it too cluttered or differing from history TOO much. I'd create an image, but, er, not so much on the image-creating field. I don't know if this helps too much, but keep up the great work!

Isn't the crescent moon facing a different direction?

Religion and civilizations shouldn't really be represented with symbols of one another. It just isn't really a good idea. Is Spain more Christian than any other nation? Is Byzantium more eastern orthodox? Is arabia more islamic?

Spain should get the cross of burgundy, Byzantium should get the 4 B's (would ruin a serbian civ, though,) and Arabia should get the palm tree and curved swords.

The eagle is taken from the depiction on the KRG; the gold from a good old stock image. I really like how it turned out, though obviously such a flag was not in use in the time of Saladin. That being said, I'm not an artist by nature so if someone pops out of the aether with a professional design, go for it!

Okay, so we've got 90% of the art done for the Ayyubids, all we need now is a flag and model for the Mameluke - is anyone interested in helping out?

Since you told me earlier it would mainly focus on Egypt, I threw this icon together. (Is that what you meant by flag?)

Spoiler :

The icon comes from the Arab Republic of Egypt's (modern Egypt) coat of arms.

Spoiler :

:lol: Heh, nobody understand poor Pouakai... He means a flag for the Unit called Mameluke, which is the icon he showed, right?

I'm attempting something, might have it for tomorrow :D

Heh, thanks Leugi!

But now that I've looked more closely at the ItR Ayyubids, an icon for the civ itself is also needed. I like the Eagle icon that InsanelyApple has posted, but I think a bit more detail wouldn't go amiss (maybe the lines in the wings and an eye?) Also, I think the colours will be an inverse of the ones from the Ayyubids in the Renaissance scenario, since that colour scheme has apparently been taken by Assyria.

Top Bottom