The Forgotten: The Other Civilizations (BNW)

I remember the times when units not bought with faith couldn't spread religion. Was it changed?

I would probably increase the amount of penalty from Unwelcomed Evangelist for enemies (prophets as well, why not) [lua] and some kind of bonus for capturing enemy missionairy/prophet [lua].

Then I would replace Pagan Infantry with unique Shrine (sacred grove?) with uber ability called "extra pantheon". Player would be able to choose one additional bonus, which would work in the city only if there is no major religion there.[lua]

Quite weird gameplay called delay the religion, might be interesting. Why I am writing this, because I bet that building Missionaires is OP (dunno if you make them increasing cost over time yet) and beats free early prophet. You can't balance it with Poland/Babylon/Korea, because those civs are centered in buffing Science (yes, Poland as well), which is currently the most imba/investment worthy thing and they will always beat Religion centered civs in terms of easiness. Looking at Byzantium or Celts your civs are probably much better to do the same staff. Consider it balance warning :D for future.

If you are interested in my ideas, I may help you code them, not so timewasting except last.

I originally had a Seminary UB but I had to change it to a UU because the replacement missionary kept showing up at the select civ screen! I'm playing a game with them at the moment and I think that the Pagan infantry is going to really come in handy soon. I've got some pesky Huns and Dacians attacking me from both sides.

As for the missionaries I'm going to investigate how balanced they are in this current game. I imagine there will be other factors at play to create balance. Though I may end up making them more expensive.

EDIT: turns out the bought/produced missionaries require open borders to go into other civs territory. I might keep it that way, considering that the focus of the UA is meant to be maintaining religion internally.

VERDICT: definitely balanced. I'm still struggling to catch up with Ethiopia in score, with Canada and the Aymara close behind.

after looking at the aboriginal civ, I sorta think their UA is overpowered.

One of the things that make the celts good is that they will probolly get the first religion. However the celts still need to work forest tiles to get the faith they need.

Aboriginals, get a free great prophet. I like this as an idea, but I think it should be pushed back to later in the tech tree to Theology. Getting a free GP is the same as getting a free religion. Calanader comes too early in the game, making it too easy to get first religion, pushing the GP back to theology gives other civs a fair change to get their religion first before you do. And if you get a religion the long way, the free GP will let you enhance it sooner.

thoughts?

The trick is to not spread religion early (build one inquisitor for holy city).
Once you make decent production in city(ies) (70+), you are making missionaires daily.
In this time, enemy religion should spread widely and happily.
Interfaith dialogue, boom.

Other than that, they can't enter rival territory, because you didn't copy the promotions. What is more, I think you don't have to create default unit for unitclass, it can be no defaul unit.

Just wanted to pop in and say that I've installed the Aboriginal Nations mod from the CFC database and the art still isn't working. Is this happening for Lithuania?

Just wanted to pop in and say that I've installed the Aboriginal Nations mod from the CFC database and the art still isn't working. Is this happening for Lithuania?

It could possibly be the compression I used to save the dds files. I've used BC2 DXT3 for Lithuania. Has anyone been having any issues with the art in Lithuania? If not I'll do an overwrite of the art for the Aboriginals.

Just popping in again to say that the art for Lithuania isn't appearing either.

You might have to ask one of the other veteran modders around.

Has anyone else reproduced the bug, or is it isolated to TPangolin?

If it's isolated, I would recommend TPangolin to verify his (her?) files, to make sure that it isn't a problem with the install. If that doesn't work, then check for conflicts with other mods they're operating with. With any luck, that'll solve it. If it doesn't, it gets mucky.

If it isn't isolated, then it's a problem with the mod. I can't say what that would be without looking at the mod itself, especially if it's all the art and not just a specific size. The only way all the art could be broken with a single error is if the files haven't been imported into the VFS - if they have, there'd be multiple issues with the mod and it would require a closer look. I doubt it's this option though, since Hiram has obviously tested it out ingame and the art shows up.

I hope it will help. The Latvians were the last European people to fall to Christianity, and far later than most.

Also, I would love it if someone made a civ called the Lettigallians (Letts), in history, their empire is where the Latvians and Lithuanians descended from.

I'm getting back to work on it now. Now that my exams have finished I have much more time. First, I have a new, better icon for Latvia!

Nice at first i didnt udnerstand that pink icon you made but this one seems much more fitting maybe you can make the color red just a bit more darker? If not its still fine just giving a sugestion.

Nice at first i didnt udnerstand that pink icon you made but this one seems much more fitting maybe you can make the color red just a bit more darker? If not its still fine just giving a sugestion.

The original icon was the Livonian Teutonic order shield, however I found it a bit too bland.

I've tinkered with the saturation of the colour a bit and it looks even better now:

Yes now it looks better so do you have an idea when the Latvian civ might be ready?

Thanks! I'm anticipating having the first version out next Friday.
In the meantime, here are some teasers:

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

I'm also planning an update for the Aboriginals, toning down the UA a bit and making the Bora Ring more unique.

UPDATE - Aboriginal Nations - New, more balanced UA and Bora Ring buffed. If anyone knows of any music that would be good for either the Aboriginals or Latvia, I'm open to suggestions!

Thinking that you could use this (Probably starting at 7:45 and ending at 11:30) for Aboriginal War Music. I bet you could find aspects post 11:30 of that video that could used as peace music quite well.

12:58 onwards sounds brilliant.

You could also use this as peace/war music starting from 1:30.

Top Bottom