Vicevirtuoso's Civilizations

Okay, I think I know what the problem is (Hopefully anyway.). I thought it was EUI screwing with IGE because it's the only thing I removed files from to make it work. But I did a test and the errors only happened after I made a unique unit with Gilgamesh. I first made a Quinquereme and I got the weird IGE bug, then I made a Jaguar and got the same thing. I'm really hoping anyway, I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out the problem here, haha.

Here's the lua log for it and the post I made in IGE explaining more, there's also screenshots so maybe that'll help.

Attachments

• Lua.rar
    5.9 KB · Views: 40
I didn't but I downloaded Archer and enabled him. I didn't have him on the map in the test game I made but it seemed to solve the problem I was having. Then again CPP updated yesterday so that also might've helped, haha. IGE didn't kill itself when I made a unique unit even when I recreated the buildings and everything I had when I was making the units. If I could ask what makes having Archer fix Gilgamesh in this way?

Crossing my fingers that this fixed it, thank you so much Vicevirtuoso. I have the lua log from that test game if you want to take a peek at it.

Attachments

• Lua.rar
    17.7 KB · Views: 39
Probably since Emiya and Gilgamesh use an identical file to create all of their duplicate UUs, so that when one is loaded, the second will not create them a second time. It adds the duplicate UUs to both of their Civilization_UnitClassOverrides. When only one of those Civs is loaded, it will have a bad reference in the list to the other Civ. That's nothing that affects normal gameplay, but it seems this causes issues with any Lua which iterates over the Civilization_UnitClassOverrides table.

I may look into fixing it later.

Another UU that hasn't showed up for me is the Byzantine's Dromon. The Quin-whatever it's name is is available but not the Dromon. The Venetian Great Galleass also doesn't show up.

I've noticed that when getting the Quinquereme (As in it's on the final turn to get the unit.) the game CTD's. I thought it was the Barbarians at first because it ended on the turn but apparently it was me.

This is using Gilgamesh, Archer is enabled but he's not in the game I'm playing. I'm also using the all the Community Patch mods and compatibility's with the exception of Health & Plague.

Edit: It seems that having the Quinquereme at all causes a crash, I used IGE to spawn a few (There's 2 versions Japan and Carthage, both gave CTD's.).

I had both Archer and Gilgamesh enabled along with IGE to speed up the process and could make the Quinquereme fine.

I think I found out what the problem is, it's the CP Great Lighthouse. When I used IGE to give myself it and had a Quinquereme coming up the game crashed. I had my mods installed and I could make Quinquereme's fine up until that point.

Also, what in the Hell is up with your Eridu? :eek2:

I think I found out what the problem is, it's the CP Great Lighthouse. When I used IGE to give myself it and had a Quinquereme coming up the game crashed. I had my mods installed and I could make Quinquereme's fine up until that point.

Nonetheless, I might look into why this is happening when I get the chance. I actually plan on delisting all of my individual Fate mods and rolling them into one pack, so I might look at things then.

Also, what in the Hell is up with your Eridu? :eek2:

That's a Toxic Tarantula from my City of Heroes Civilization Pack. Figured I'd test the construction of mod civ UUs while I was there.

Hmm, to spend the time updating the OP with Archer, Valentine, and Vert, or not to...

Apparently all the naval units bolstered with the Great Lighthouse cause a CTD. Went high into the tech tree to unlock them "naturally" (Beyond the Quinquereme and into the Nau and Ship of the Line.) and then tried with some by placing them on a tile and waiting for them by turn (Used IGE.) and CTD.

Why would the promotion cause the game to crash?

Edit: Apparently it's a mod conflict with Friendly Waters, I stupidly forgot I had it on when I was playing. Saying that it modified lighthouses should have been a big clue. The game works fine after getting rid of it. Sorry to waste your time Vicevirtuoso.

Edit: Apparently it's a mod conflict with Friendly Waters, I stupidly forgot I had it on when I was playing. Saying that it modified lighthouses should have been a big clue. The game works fine after getting rid of it. Sorry to waste your time Vicevirtuoso.

May want to alert that mod author to the issue to see if this might occur with other new naval units.

So that this thread will have something to talk about, let's talk about the next leader up on my list...nevermind that my OP is missing my four newest Civs!

Spoiler :

Hyperdimension Neptunia: Blanc's Lowee

Blanc: Land of White Serenity
Enables the Shares system to transform into White Heart. Gain Shares per turn from every Tundra and Snow tile being worked by a Citizen. Gain Great Writer points in the City with the Writer's Guild each turn equal to half your Happiness.

White Heart: White Heart's Wrath
Melee and Gunpowder units gain +1 Strength for every 2% Shares. Conquering Cities begins We Love the King Day in all your other Cities. +33% bonus vs. Cities when in the territory of a Civilization which has denounced you and with which you are at war.

UU: Lowee Defense Guard
Replaces Rifleman. Begins with an extra 2 XP for each Great Work of Writing in your Empire, including those upgraded from Musketmen. Instantly heals to 100% HP and and gains a +33% Combat Strength bonus for 1 turn whenever you expend a Great Writer.

UI: Mushroom Fiefdom
Requires Chivalry. May only be built on Snow and Tundra tiles lacking resources. +1 Food, Gold, and Culture. Additional +1 Food and Gold after discovering Steam Power. Each one worked by your Empire grants +0.25 Great Writer points in the city with the Writer's Guild each turn. +1 Faith while you are Blanc. +1 Production while you are White Heart.

This is probably a bit too powerful; I will see if White Heart's UA is too strong in testing.

Edit: She's been posted to the workshop.

Alright now, thanks to the Peace Walker LP by Speedball of SA, I learned of this mod and I am definitely going to try some of them out now because it looks pretty awesome

Alright now, thanks to the Peace Walker LP by Speedball of SA, I learned of this mod and I am definitely going to try some of them out now because it looks pretty awesome

Good to see we've got people coming in from the SA thread! I should probably update the OP at some point.

Oh, I'm not a goon, sadly. I just read LPs from their archive when I'm bored at work :)

Does Ocelot have YNAEMP support? Cause they don't show up in giant or huge versions of v22 or 23.

I thought... All civs are fictional?

Does Ocelot have YNAEMP support? Cause they don't show up in giant or huge versions of v22 or 23.

He does. A terribly bad position, maybe, but he does.

Code:
INSERT INTO Civilizations_YagemStartPosition
			(Type,										X,		Y,		AltX,	AltY)
VALUES		('CIVILIZATION_OUTER_HEAVEN',				114,	83,		null,	null) --Alaska (Shadow Moses was located in Alaska);

INSERT INTO Civilizations_YagemRequestedResource
			(Type, 								Req1, Yield1, Req2, Yield2, Req3, Yield3, Req4, Yield4)
VALUES		('CIVILIZATION_OUTER_HEAVEN',		'RESOURCE_DEER', 4, 'RESOURCE_IRON', 2, 'RESOURCE_CRAB', 2, 'RESOURCE_FISH', 2);

But this is the part where I mention that I don't actually use YNAEMP. Are v22/v23 the versions updated by JFD?

I thought... All civs are fictional?

All mine are, but that didn't stop me from adding YNAEMP support like all the cool kids do.

After the paid mod debacle on the Workshop, I plan on updating the OP with some fancy images, as well as the five(!) Civilizations I've added since updating it. I'd also like to request some help from those keeping up with the customization Wikia to help me out with adding pages for my Civs. I've added one for Lowee, but it's gonna be time consuming for me to do the rest myself...

He does. A terribly bad position, maybe, but he does.

Code:
INSERT INTO Civilizations_YagemStartPosition
			(Type,										X,		Y,		AltX,	AltY)
VALUES		('CIVILIZATION_OUTER_HEAVEN',				114,	83,		null,	null) --Alaska (Shadow Moses was located in Alaska);

INSERT INTO Civilizations_YagemRequestedResource
			(Type, 								Req1, Yield1, Req2, Yield2, Req3, Yield3, Req4, Yield4)
VALUES		('CIVILIZATION_OUTER_HEAVEN',		'RESOURCE_DEER', 4, 'RESOURCE_IRON', 2, 'RESOURCE_CRAB', 2, 'RESOURCE_FISH', 2);

But this is the part where I mention that I don't actually use YNAEMP. Are v22/v23 the versions updated by JFD?

22 is the version Gedemon left on, and 23 is JFDs. But I dont have Ocelot showing up on either.

Odd. I'll look into it later, but it's a bit low priority at the moment, I'm afraid.

Major news: the OP is now up to date with lots of fancy images! The five new Civs I have made since updating it have also been added, and Mediafire/MEGA links are restored since I'm pretty wary of the Workshop now.

Top Bottom