Light In The East: Civs Of The Orient(And Beyond)

What was its design again?

Spoiler :
UA: Iomante: Cities on tundra will produce a unique Bear luxury resource. When Ainu units are killed or captured, their essence is returned to the Capital through yields.
UU: Matagi: Archer replacement, weaker but has more movement. When stationed on an unimproved worked animal resource it generates +1 Food and +1 Culture to the working city.
UB: Heper Set: Unlike the Granary it replaces it provides +1 Faith on all animal resources.

Hello LITE team, I'm a modder of Sri Lankan origin and I've created an alternate version of Sri Lanka that reuses all of the artwork, but has new UA, revised UU, new Music, Lua & XML. As I'm a programmer (not a graphics person) may I reuse the art? → https://t.co/UlxiqbPP7X

Dasa Maha Yodhayo
10 Free Yodhayas (Balata renamed) when another civ threatens war

FYI: Vatadage will be replaced (in the next version) with a UI.

I believe I have told you my opinion regarding this in the steam comments on my original mod and I did NOT give you permission

EDIT: And I also do not fancy those insults you throw at me on Steam, somehow thinking I won't see them or not caring about it; which is either really brave or really suicidal depending on how Steam will resolve this issue. As far as I am concerned make your own version, but changing a UA while keeping everything else the same does not qualify as a new version.

Sorry if I got involved on Steam when I shouldn't have COF, but it didn't feel right having someone continuing to have your mod re-uploaded under their account without your permission.

TBH this whole thing does seem super shady. Especially since the guy's response to having his rather unfair request denied was to call you lot "pissy authors" and "whinny ♥♥♥♥♥"[sic]; doesn't really put him in a positive light.

Will flag when I get home, assuming it hasn't already been resolved by then.

It is a bit of a grey area, since according to the modiquette as soon as you upload a mod the assets are technically allowed to be used in other mods. However, we also tend to apply a fair use policy, so the mod needs to be primarily your own work or you need to substantially expand on it. So under the modiquette, something like Rob using a civ in Anno Domini is fine, but since the mod in question is just the base Sri Lanka civ with a slightly different UA then I definitely don't think it's okay. You could create a modmod for LITE's Sri Lanka with the new UA, but stealing everything is not on

I think if it was a patch which altered the Sri Lanka UA then that would be alright, but claiming it's an original work is kind of shady IMO

I mostly have issues with the way this guy came onto it.
I mean, he was really hostile with his "I'm right you're wrong" attitude towards how Sri Lanka should had been done and then just went and stole the assets to... mostly just do a Sri Lanka overpowered civ :/

Edit: Curious, that word is censored.

Forget about the art-stealing, this dude has 5,701 hours into civ5 and the best thing he could come up for a trait was to instantly spawn 10 military units when a "civ first threatens war", whatever that even means at all. That's the real crime right there.

Even I'm not that bad with traits!

Even a civ made entirely by reutilizing Firaxis abilities would be better.
Also, with that many hours, you'd imagine he'd have realized LITE did a Firaxis-style civ with Sri Lanka.
(Not trying to insult your design by the way)

An obvious solution to this would be in to utilise the "Add/Remove Required Items" function to make that mod require the base Sri-Lanka.

Just thought I'd chime in, there does seem to be something of a misunderstanding, ish (despite what I'm about to say he's still waaaaay in the wrong)

From the steam comments, it looks like he wanted to upload it to get LITE to approve of it.

And the reason he performed such a move rather than upload it to dropbox or make it private seems to be due to the fact he's new to the workshop.

That said, he also said that he would pull the art out of LITE disapproved, which, clearly hasn't happened, so he's gone back on his word.

Also this:
Spoiler :
What's disrespectful (if not blatently racist) is when I told COF there is no such thing as "Balata" in Sri Lanka, did he listen? Nope.

I speak/read/write Sinhala. There's "Bala" or "Bata". Not Balata. Never heard of it in my life.

Now they're just being killjoys. Nobody has to share civ/mods they develop. I just want to share a civ with other Sri Lankans who might like to play a Sri Lanka that isn't inaccurate, wrong, half assed and contrived

The best thing to do is just remain as civil as possible, be the better man, and if he continues acting this way, well, I dunno, try to get the mod removed from steam or something.

I can flag it if you want, unless there's enough people doing that already.

I read a few more comments on the LITE Sri Lanka page, it seems to be a case of what I've dubbed "Jack ㄨ Syndrome" where someone who lives in or comes from the same area as the civ thinks they know exactly how said civ should be, regardless of the game's limitations or the wishes of the original creator. Never seen someone go this far before though.

I read a few more comments on the LITE Sri Lanka page, it seems to be a case of what I've dubbed "Jack ㄨ Syndrome" where someone who lives in or comes from the same area as the civ thinks they know exactly how said civ should be, regardless of the game's limitations or the wishes of the original creator. Never seen someone go this far before though.

I just think it is simply glorious how they've whined about how "badly researched" and "poor" LITE's design is, and then they turn out one of the most clunky, unbalanced and generally awful unique abilities I've ever seen.

It is so bad, it's triggering me. :lol:

Just thought I'd chime in, there does seem to be something of a misunderstanding, ish (despite what I'm about to say he's still waaaaay in the wrong)

From the steam comments, it looks like he wanted to upload it to get LITE to approve of it.

And the reason he performed such a move rather than upload it to dropbox or make it private seems to be due to the fact he's new to the workshop.

That said, he also said that he would pull the art out of LITE disapproved, which, clearly hasn't happened, so he's gone back on his word.

Also this:
Spoiler :

The best thing to do is just remain as civil as possible, be the better man, and if he continues acting this way, well, I dunno, try to get the mod removed from steam or something.

I can flag it if you want, unless there's enough people doing that already.

I found the name of a historical website which made an article about Sri Lanka's military and currency, so he is the one who shot himself in the foot here. And calling me racist? Well, I guess he rane out of any argument he may have had, because at this point he is just throwing insults

Top Bottom