Danmacsch's (Damasc's) civilizations

Ragusa, I bet :D
You got it :D
Though I gotta say I couldn't have chosen a worse civ leader-wise.
Well, you have to challenge yourself I guess.

And still, any suggestions to an icon for the Nuragics will be very welcome! :)

As far as icons go, you could try a Nuraghian pintadera. We don't have a lot of Civs with detailed geometric patterns for icons, so it'd definitely stand out. Here's one I dug up:-

I'd make the pattern itself a kind of coppery, orangey-brown colour, with the background colour maybe a dark slate grey?

Other options include this model of a nuraghe, though that might make a better picture for, er, the Nuraghe. Here:-

Again, if you're using it for the icon, a coppery colour on a stone-grey background might be your best option. Sky blue might also work.

Hope this helps! =]

Thanks, I just seem to remember to have read somewhere that pintadera was primarily connected to Iberia. But it would make a great icon, so I'll just that.

Regarding the Nuraghe, I'm still mostly considering making it a UI. I know the historical argument against it, but I think it could work any way.

Hey, it's your Civ, man. It's up to you. Just happy to give you some ideas. =]

Playing as Corsica, I just discovered that the Buon Selvaggios don't upgrade to Riflemen (or anything at all for that matter). Is that intended?

Playing as Corsica, I just discovered that the Buon Selvaggios don't upgrade to Riflemen (or anything at all for that matter). Is that intended?
Nope. Are you using version 2?

Edit: just checked, it works on my end (with the current version uploaded yesterday). In the initial release the units.sql file was full of errors unfortunately.

Nope. Are you using version 2?

Edit: just checked, it works on my end (with the current version uploaded yesterday). In the initial release the units.sql file was full of errors unfortunately.

I'll have to check when I get home from work. I thought I updated the file before I started playing, but there's a chance I could have screwed it up.

I'll have to check when I get home from work. I thought I updated the file before I started playing, but there's a chance I could have screwed it up.

Let me know if it works.
It also entirely possible I've screwed something up when updating the mod on steam, but I can't check in the next couple of hours.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Another thing.
I have, after failing miserable, realised that writing pedia entries, text for decisions and events, etc, is not something I was meant to do. If anyone would like to contribute, let me know.
I have three events and one decision in the making and would really like to add them in the next update.

Let me know if it works.
It also entirely possible I've screwed something up when updating the mod on steam, but I can't check in the next couple of hours.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Another thing.
I have, after failing miserable, realised that writing pedia entries, text for decisions and events, etc, is not something I was meant to do. If anyone would like to contribute, let me know.
I have three events and one decision in the making and would really like to add them in the next update.

My files all say (v 2).

My files all say (v 2).
Okay. I'll re-update within the hour.

EDIT: just checked the (v2) - I have no problem upgrading the Buon Selvaggio to Rifleman. But I've made some other changes (see below), so updating to version 3 in a moment.

Changes (from (v 2) to (v 3)):
- The Fortezza (UB) now doesn't require the Castle to be built (as it says in the description of the building)
- Changed most pedia entries.
- Added graphics for the Buon Selvaggio. Used zwei833's Napoleonic era Saxon Infantry model - this is temporary(!). Waiting for some unique graphics.

I don´t know if this is save-breaking for sure as I haven't tested.

Quick update:
- Thanks to the always-helpful JFD, Corsica will get Event&Decision support in the next update (some time next month hopefully). I've also made some minor adjustments to some of the art (civ icon, UU and UB icon, leaderscene), which will also be included in the next update.
- The Nuragic civ is coming along nicely - I've spent some hours on the leaderscene (with the still nameless leader(?:confused:)), but it still need a lot of work. Most of the basic code is done, but, again, still needs some work.
- While coming up with a design for the uniques for the hinted Republic of Ragusa civ, I suddenly got a different design idea, which would also work great for a maritime republic civ; enter Duchy of Amalfi (or Republic, both names were used).

Oh, I almost forgot; of what's to come:
Spoiler :

I really like that Nuragic icon.

Oh man, please don't give them a black background.

Yeah, the field is a bit dark. I was thinking something like this colour:-

No idea what the hexcodes for it are, since I nabbed it off a site for painting model aeroplanes, but it seems a bit more distinctive than the Batman Very-Very-Dark-Grey y'all got there. =]

(points to anyone who gets that reference)

Changed the colors - it's much better know :)
Spoiler :

Unfortunately I've hit a wall (or walls) with the lua code, which I have to figure out. That means the Nuragic civ is probably not going to be the next civ released.
Instead I've continued working on the Republic of Ragusa.
I've chosen a Venice-like design (obviously), but hopefully it will turn out to be distinct enough to provide a unique playstyle.
I'm in need of a name for one of the unique units though (yep, that's right, two UU's). The unit is a generic "Ragusan Soldier", which honestly right now has a bit of a boring ability (see below), so feel free to suggest a new one.
This is what I have so far:
EDIT: Undergoing a lot of changes

It may be a little OP, but balancing the whole One-(Not-Puppet)-City thing is kind of hard IMO. Love to get some feedback :D

Top Bottom