Civilizations by ldvhl

Thanks Darth! I'll take a look at the options I've got when I get started on the Comoros/Komori. Much appreciated!

Little correction to Wuyue icon, Wuyue isn't call themselves "Five Moon" in Chinese (which have lot of homonyms especially when written without tone in Latin) and traditional Chinese writing is different from Western way of writing.

So I remake Wuyue icon in the same color and alpha.

Also, if you are looking for great theme for Chinese civ. I suggest checking out Derek Fiechter's channel.

I would also suggest Antti Martikainen too if he didn't explicitly say you need to buy license for it (and for good reason for his part, I think). He's really good in composing epic music more than fitting for a war theme, and Colonialist Legacies' Vietnam use one of his music. AFAIK. So I think you should ask TPangolin if you want to use Antti's music.

Thank you for the correction poom! Definitely outside my realm of knowledge, so I would have looked pretty dumb there with that mistranslation.

I'll look into that music more closely when I'm pushing Wuyue (and my other Chinese civs) out the door.

Right now I'm working on the Tehuelche, Selk'nam, Squamish, and Shawnee most at the moment. The Tehuelche are close to being released, just needing a couple remaining art assets (mainly for their UI) and their code.

To be honest I'm not even sure what sort of art is needed for the UI given that we already have the model.

poom3619 said:
Oh, er. Can you at least tell us who will be leader of any civ and what will be UU and UI in the original post. At least, I will know what art is needed...

I'm at work right now but I'll see what I can do.

To be honest I'm not even sure what sort of art is needed for the UI given that we already have the model.

We just need the UI icon I believe.

I am an idiot.

Little correction to Wuyue icon, Wuyue isn't call themselves "Five Moon" in Chinese (which have lot of homonyms especially when written without tone in Latin) and traditional Chinese writing is different from Western way of writing.

So I remake Wuyue icon in the same color and alpha.

I feel your the symbol should be a big larger in the Icon but that's my opinion.

idvhl is this what you wanted from the Shawnee Icon from Hiram? Also my take on the Shawnee Icon.

Thank you Specialize! Good call on the font bolding for Wuyue. Also right on for the Shawnee icon. I'll probably use the first one you posted there since it'll look better on the city banner.

OP updated with the planned design for each civ in my queue.

Quite possible. We can look at balancing that out with gameplay tests once they're out.

Yeah, the Kan also looks underpowered, but I guess the other design we had for them was kinda... needlessly complex.

Hoop Thrower said:
Yeah, the Kan also looks underpowered, but I guess the other design we had for them was kinda... needlessly complex.

It might do for having +Gold added to it?

I don't really get what they are... are they supposed to represent Dutch-style walls to keep the ocean water at bay? Or are they legitimate defensive structures?

Read up on them here!

Well, the original idea was for it to produce science, but... generating so much science early game will probably be game breaking. Maybe change the Food bonus for a science bonus when an unit is on the tile and just make the UI naturally generate 2 food?

Top Bottom