Civilizations by ldvhl

Small progress update: I think the Squamish are almost done and ready for release. Just trying to figure out a couple last hiccups before I release them. After the Squamish, I should be about 1/3 of the way to releasing the Tehuelche. I'd like to start work on the Selk'nam after that (get hype, they're going to look awesome), but we'll need a new UU model for that so it may be a while. In the meantime, I'm going to prioritize the Shawnee.

Well, if you're working on the Shawnee, I could probably get the Mound done pretty quickly.

I'm not working on them at the moment, they're just on-deck. With the similarity to Hiram's Slovenia UB, I might make a redesign.

Question: does anybody happen to know the YNAEMP values for Vancouver? Trying to get the Squamish done and I don't use YNAEMP myself.

Question: does anybody happen to know the YNAEMP values for Vancouver? Trying to get the Squamish done and I don't use YNAEMP myself.

I could just open the map and get the values if you want :p

Is the Squamish capital on Vancouver or just nearby?

EDIT: Okay, so the official values are:

Yagem: (130,73)
Yahem: (13,64)
Greatest: (2,54)
Americas: (29,61)
Pacific: (102,62)

For all intents and purposes, it's the same location as Vancouver. At least to my jank knowledge. Thanks Senshi!

Might as well post this here as well:

Hey all - I put the Squamish together, but it seems I did something wrong that I don't understand. I am not surprised. Would somebody please take a look at my work and see what's up?

There's a download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/laehfoud1wfkql7/Squamish by ldvhl (v 1).zip?dl=0

I already took a look at the logs, but I don't really understand what they're telling me.

Fraud detected.

Not a lot of time to review, but here's a couple of things:

• Your SQL/XML files are set "Import into VFS" = "true". They should not be (with one exception below). You do have them set to OnModActivated > UpdateDatabse; that is correct.
  • The exception is the Sahpluk_Scene.xml file. That should be VFS=true, but NOT included in OnModActivated > UpdateDatabse. You'll want to change that.

Thanks for the clarification! This whole process seems way over-complicated.

Hi Idvhl. Remember your City Lists you wanted ;)? Well I got back into doing them and I made two of them. Though can you give me an updated list on what you need? Thanks in advance.
Enjoy!
Cheyenne:
Spoiler :

Biesterfeldt
Noavose
To’nihvoos
Mo’ohta-vo’honaaeva
Meave’ho’eno
Oevemanaheno
Paeo’he’e
Mo’ohtavoheomeneno
Ononeo’o
Vetanoveo’he’e
Vohkoohemahoeve’ho’eno
Vohpoome
Wohkpotsit
Vohpoometaneno
Meneo’he’e
Motsesoonneo’he’e
Hisse Yovi Yoe
Vetaneo’he’e
Tseh-ma’eho’a’e’ta
Sestoto’eo’he’e
Ma’xehe’neo’he’e
Ma’ehoohevahtseo’he’e
Heovoneheo’he’e

Tzintzuntzan:
Spoiler :

Tzintzuntzan
Zacatula
Erongaricuaro
Urichu
Ihuatzio
Asajo
Pacancan
Layameo
Aterio
Patzcuaro
Pareo
Arocutin
Cuyameo
Xaraquaro
Itziparamucu
Urichu
Tingambato
Zacapu
Loma Alta
Zinaparo
El Openo
Jiquilpan
Cojumatian
Tizapan
Haundacareo
Tres Cerritos
Chupicuaro
Acambaro
Zinapecuaro
Querendaro
Loma Santa Maria
Huetamo
Apatzingan

Thanks Ajsieg! These should keep me busy for now, I'll hit you up again when I'm in need of city lists.

So I changed those VFS = true for the files that needed it and the Squamish still aren't showing up :(

I put the latest build of the Squamish up (along with my logs) on Dropbox again (https://www.dropbox.com/s/laehfoud1wfkql7/Squamish by ldvhl (v 1).zip?dl=0). If anybody could help, that'd be pretty awesome.

Sorry everybody.

No "sorry" necessary!

A couple of things I noticed before I ran out of time:

• The game doesn't like special characters, and there are some in the text
  • The ArtDefines file referenced the Amalek in the atlas names instead of the Squamish
  • There is a fatal error is in the GameDefines file, under BuildingFlavors:
    Spoiler :
    Code:
    INSERT INTO Building_Flavors 	
    		(BuildingType, 							FlavorType,				Flavor)
    SELECT	('BUILDING_LDVHL_POTLATCH_HOUSE'),		FlavorType,				Flavor
    FROM Building_Flavors WHERE (BuildingType = 'BUILDING_AMPHITHEATRE');

VALUES	('BUILDING_LDVHL_POTLATCH_HOUSE',		'FLAVOR_CULTURE',		90);

SELECT	('BUILDING_LDVHL_LANGUAGE_SCHOOL'),		FlavorType,				Flavor
    FROM Building_Flavors WHERE (BuildingType = 'BUILDING_PUBLIC_SCHOOL');

VALUES	('BUILDING_LDVHL_LANGUAGE_SCHOOL',		'FLAVOR_SCIENCE',		70);
    [COLOR="Red"]VALUES[/COLOR]	('BUILDING_LDVHL_LANGUAGE_SCHOOL',		'FLAVOR_CULTURE',		70);
    Repeating the same flavor in separate INSERTs will cause the game to discard the whole thing. So either use the "INSERT INTO...SELECT FROM" format, or the "INSERT INTO...VALUES" format but not both. Also note the extra VALUES highlighted in red.

Final note, I'm no SQL expert so there may be other errors I didn't catch.

I also just now notice all the values are being taken from "CIVILIZATION_IROQUIOS". Should be "CIVILIZATION_IROQUOIS". Just do a quick find and replace ;)

A couple of things I noticed before I ran out of time:

• The game doesn't like special characters, and there are some in the text

I wonder if this is the problem I'm having with Hiram's Slovenia mod. I keep getting a T1 CTD as soon as I try to found my capital. In the Database Log it says that the city and spy names don't exist in English. But other users say it works fine for them :confused:

Good news:

The Squamish now show up to select when starting a new game (sort of, with lots of text key errors).

Bad news:

There's not even a starter settler, the unit panel doesn't show up for the starter warrior, there's text key errors everywhere, and none of the icons work.

Here's the latest version with my log files copied in:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/laehfoud1wfkql7/Squamish%20by%20ldvhl%20%28v%201%29.zip?dl=0

Please help :(

I don't have a whole lot of time to look through, but I did notice that line 21 of ldvhl_Squamish_ArtDefines.sql has a comma to end the INSERT statement, where it should have a semicolon, and (although I doubt it's immediately relevant since you're not testing mod support yet), your YnAEMP TSL syntax should be something more like this:
Code:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS Civilizations_YagemStartPosition(Type, X, Y, AltX, AltY);
INSERT INTO Civilizations_YagemStartPosition('CIVILIZATION_LDVHL_SQUAMISH', 130, 73);

As for the txt_key problems - it seems like you don't actually have the text for the Language School defined anywhere. You also have Civilization_FreeBuildingClasses, Civilization_FreeTechs, and Civilization_FreeUnits set to copy from CIVILIZATION_IROQUIOS, rather than CIVILIZATION_IROQUOIS (the FreeUnits one will be the cause of lacking a settler).

Ah, dangnabbit, that Iroquois thing got pointed out earlier and I totally forgot to fix it.

How do I define the Language School text? I thought I copied the code for the Potlatch House to use as a template properly.

Thank you!

Oh, I just realized that you sort of do have the Language School text defined, my Ctrl-F just didn't find it because you have it as "LANGUAGE SCHOOL" with a space instead of "LANGUAGE_SCHOOL" with an underscore, which AFAIK is invalid for text keys.

OK, progress has been made thanks to Klisz.

With the Iroquois name fix in, there's now a starter settler and the unitpanel is working. However, all the TXT_KEY bits are still bugged and don't show the proper in-game text. Also, every icon also won't load and just shows as a red square in-game.

Here's the latest file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/laehfoud1wfkql7/Squamish%20by%20ldvhl%20%28v%201%29.zip?dl=0

Any help is appreciated, and thanks to everybody who's helped out.

Top Bottom