Just Curious

denyd

Emperor
Anyone planning on an SG for GOTM 25 & GOTM 26?

I'm interested in both on PTW version.

Would we neccessarily be the Mogols though? I thought we would have to be a different Civ? What would be tough is being Takada in GOTM 26. Getting off the island and getting other lands when all other civs are on continents would be tough.

Count me in (for both :))

Ted

I played 25 and *really* enjoyed it.

I played 26 to the middle-Medieval but I was taking too long and not doing well. A recovery or an honorable (non-suicide) defeat would have taken too long, so I've abandoned it.

I have found SG23 and MB4 fascinating, and I'm up for either 25 or 26 again as an SG if we can build a Civ3 team again. I know both maps, of course, as I did in SG23. But I honestly try to play it as it comes.

Originally posted by barbslinger
Would we neccessarily be the Mogols though? I thought we would have to be a different Civ? What would be tough is being Takada in GOTM 26. Getting off the island and getting other lands when all other civs are on continents would be tough.
Or how about playing one of the "minor civs", and trying to overcome the inability to build settlers after the first two freebies? :eek:

I'd be delighted to be included in a SG. Haven't had a chance to try one yet...they look like great fun !

For SG based on GOTM 25, I'd like to be able to use the new Mongol units, so maybe a new map or twist would spice it up beyond the original. The new units add a whole new level of planning, particularly in a war monger game.

The multi-settler start for GOTM 26 was also an interesting challenge, but one that could be setup on most any map. Maybe even put the settlers on seperate islands!!

Count me in for either or both at the PTW level

I haven't played 25 at all so I've no idea of the map or civs.

If you want to play as the Mongols then why not PM Cracker to see if he'd tweak the map for us?

Perhaps a different starting location and moving resources would be enough to prevent previous map knowledge colouring play.

Ted

I would like to play and SG using the modified mongols using GOTM mods too.

I would suggest using the Map from Greek GOTM (Mediterranean Melee (?)) and using the German Start. This would place the Mongols next to the Russians which is historically OK(ish).

Also, I just liked the map. Another ulterior motive is that I am looking at creating a simple mod that uses the Mongol Horde units. So I guess it's a little selfish.

I'm prepared to manage the game(s) this time round (after twisting denyd's arm to run the next one :)

I've PM'd Cracker about moving the start and maybe redistributing the resources. Once I hear back from him I'll create an interest thread in the SG forum and post the link here.

Everybody happy with that?

Ted

I'd like to see 2 PTW teams this time round (in addition to any vanilla Civ teams) - that way we'd know for sure that playing vanilla Civ is an exploit :D

Ted

If my counting hat's working then we have 9 players so far.

I was thinking of aiming for the 20th Jan or shortly after as the start date. Anyone have a problem with that?

Ted

That works for me.

I should be giving up on finishing GOTM 27 about then :)

also we should have GOTM 24 done by then

DEATH TO THE HAN

Top Bottom