G-Major 103

Ozbenno

Fly Fly Away
Hall of Fame Staff
While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

[size=+1](*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!
[/size]​

Settings:
  • Victory Condition: Cultural (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Immortal
  • Starting Era: Ancient
  • Map Size: Standard
  • Map Type: Boreal
  • Speed: Normal
  • Required: One City Challenge, No Vassal States, No Tribal Villages, No Random Events
  • Must Not Be Checked: No Barbarians
  • Civ: Japan (Tokugawa)
  • Opponents: Must include Aztec (Montezuma), Babylon (Hammurabi), China (Mao Zedong), Ethiopia (Zara Yaqob), Greece (Alexander), Mongolia (Genghis Khan), Ottoman (Mehmed II), Russia (Stalin), Viking (Ragnar Lodbrok), Zulu (Shaka)
  • Version: 3.19.003
  • Date: 10th April to 10th May 2012
Must not play as Inca.
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Man, look at the opponents.... i wonder what would take to Monty going for cultural hahah

Ummm, dumb question, but does this mean we need to get 2 (or 3) foreign cities to legendary status.

I think it means you have to use permanent alliance and make your parter get 2 legendary cities in addition to your own legendary city. Or maybe they need all 3 of their cities legendary :confused:

Check GMinor 135 for details. Of course here the problem will be diplo and having AIs actually go for culture. Considering Immortal tech pace, no philosophical leader, and warmonger ais it will be a slow grind, preventing other types of victiories will be the main issue i think.

Add four AIs that will go for a Cultural win. Try AIs with both traits from Creative, Philosophical, Spiritual, Financial and to a lesser extent Industrious. There are additional tips in several previous One City Challenge Cultural Gauntlet threads.

Sun Tzu Wu

This can be easily nerfed by adding Darius, Asoka, Mansa Musa and Hatshepsut. Forcing Stalin, Shaka, Mao Zedong and Mehmed for a max 10 civs would really make this a challenge.

Cross post with STW. He obviously feels the same.

Objection!!!

This gauntlet was meant to be limited to these civs, not adding another one.

Hmmm...
my original idea was to stick with Hammy as he has a strong cultural flavour and he may survive to the onslaughts thanks to his bowmen. No vassals to avoid losing him too early.

No barbs? I don't remember this...

I might try this with only the original 6 opponents just because it is OCC/boreal which I love. Settings look fugly though. No idea whether I can win.

Last time I tried OCC / PA culture I overshot my city culture and it took forever to get the AI two cities legendary since you have to rely on wonders and bulbs.

cas

Bugio suggested looking at the G-minor 135 Gauntlet.

I've been reading the G-minor 74 Gauntlet thread where ZPV outlined a great strategy in post #25. I'm still reading ...

There's also G-minor 32, but that is Vanilla and Warlords only, so its unlikely to be of much use.

Sun Tzu Wu

I might try this with only the original 6 opponents just because it is OCC/boreal which I love. Settings look fugly though. No idea whether I can win.

Hey cas! Hope you like the settings. Such a coincidence...:mischief:

I made this special one when Denniz asked for some help after your comment...;)

It is possible we might ask to add four more jerk AI's to stop any abuses. Indeed, this is a challenge gauntlet. No shortcut to win. ;) Still another AI to mitigate the warmongers is necessary, otherwise they will love each other at the start and gang against Hammy and the human. Zara is the dilutor.

Somehow, I hope it will stir some interest amongst HoF players for hot discussion.

Maybe Stalin, Shaka, Mao and Mehmed just to avoid choosing easy leaders along the bloodthirsty ones.

This gauntlet is supposed to be a challenge.

Hmmm...
my original idea was to stick with Hammy as he has a strong cultural flavour and he may survive to the onslaughts thanks to his bowmen. No vassals to avoid losing him too early.

Hammurabi is actually one of the worst choices of PA partner of the original six required opponents (He has none of the five traits that predispose an AI to pursue a Cultural Victory). Culture Flavor has no effect on whether or not an AI will pursue a Cultural Victory. I suggest reading the G-minor 74 Gauntlet thread. The G-minor 135 may have some useful strategies and tactics too.

Sun Tzu Wu

Top Bottom