Warhammer Fantasy Mod 2.5

Come on... Good Civs all the way. I actually have a WarHammer Army, its the High Elves:). Ah yes, then I have evil friends with HoC, Skaven, Orcs and Gobbos and Darkies:(. But you all could beat me in this mod.

Evil for warmongerin', Good for buildin', Neutral for either, that's how I generally like to do it.

My favourite three are all evil: Dark Elves, Chaos, Orcs, for Sneaky, Spiky and Smashy. :)

Still, good/evil aren't all that black and white in WH, where everything's darker than generic tolkienesque fantasy. Take races that are traditionally 'good' in generic fantasy.In WH, High Elves are arrogant self-interested racists, vain and manipulative. Wood Elves are also racist and also unpredictably violent, sometimes killing human ramblers without warning, other times leaving them be. Dwarfs and Humans are more-or-less neutral in WH, having good and bad qualities like real-life humans, and being opposed to the likes of Chaos, Undead, Skaven and Orcs mainly because they are threats to their realms. Slann/Lizardmen are too inscrutable and mysterious to be anything other than neutral, IMO.

Undead, Skaven, Dark Elves and Chaos Dwarves can be seen as more or less evil. But Chaos is more crazy-obsessed than evil, and Orcs just like a good scrap.

The Lombard summed it up nicely. Then there's the irrational reasons: I prefer playing Norsca, Dwarves or Chaos Dwarves for no better reason than that they're robust bearded axewielding maniacs, and my fiancée prefers Slann because she thinks they're cute (the Lizards, not Mazdamundi). I would never play Estalia or Kislev because in every game I meet them they're backstabbing bastards, and I could never play elves or vampires because I think that's sissy. My fiancée hates elves and vampires because she thinks they're the fictional embodiment of übermench dreams.

I raze villages all the time... To clear the taint of evil from the land.

I, on the other hand, never raze cities. i keep them as a forward base of operations during an attack (so my units can heal quickly, especially if i have built Vaul's Anvil on the continent :)), and they add to the population/world area percentage for domination victories.

Plus they add (albeit sometimes not much) money to the coffers...

I like playing as the Empire. :O

I like to play as:
- woody elves (they're fast!)
- dwarfs & chaos dwarfs (they're tough!)
- orcs (they're green!)
- lizards (they're scaly! or was it scary, I forgot)

Stormy,
I think you enjoy my measly contributions more than anyone else on these forums. I can always count on you for support. :)

Actually you're one of my favourite unit makers too. Hope you feel affirmed!

Congrats on the wedding too. Don't do any Civving on the honeymoon - that would be so wrong.

definitely. alot of hard work was put into this mod.

Many Many units.

Well animated civilization leaderheads.

Each civ's uniqueness is greatly extended

The BEST MOD HERE SO FAR:goodjob: :goodjob:

I HOPE 40K is JUST AS GOOD.

I noticed something when I was playing as the High Elves.
I had a "victorious" Archer and a Hero popped up. The Archer didn't change, I just had a Hero poof into the city.

What do you mean, the Archer didn`t change. Units don`t change when generating a Military Great Leader, you just get the opportunity to rename the unit (like you can`t rename it otherwise. :shake: Why would you want to rename that unit anyway? "I shall rename this unit to "Father of Ludwig Schwarzhelm", cos he made him...), and if you don`t it gets a * by its name. What are Heroes? You mean a MGL ?

I noticed something when I was playing as the High Elves.
I had a "victorious" Archer and a Hero popped up. The Archer didn't change, I just had a Hero poof into the city.

When an elite unit wins it has a chance of spawning a military leader. The only thing that happens to your unit is the * by its name meaning it is sterile and can't make anymore Military leaders :) It does not change into anything.

Top Bottom