THE Civ of the Week Thread!

Hey Cybrxhan, I was looking at the format of your CotWs and they didn't look that hard to combine. I combined two, although the mod crashed when I loaded it, but I'll probably get some of them togther and working here soon. Just thought I'd let you know, so If you ever happen to start putting some together, make sure I havn't accomplished it already. :mischief: They only take like a half hour t combine (unsuccessfully anyway).

Most of the Civ of the Weeks are included in cybrxkhan's big mod, World of Legends.

And I have always thought, that the newer CotWs are in modular format, so they should be combined without any issues.
Probably I'm not right on this if you had problems with that...

CotW is NOT in modular format, if only because you cannot add audio to modules (except if you do this weird thing which takes some further more advanced coding or something like that), and unique diplomacy music is, despite seemingly not important, very important to the CotW brand as a whole.

Regardless, just as AbsintheRed said, a good number of my CotWs do feature in WoL; also, I have been working at a compilation for my CotWs. Most of my civs lately, if you haven't noticed, revolve around a "Silk Road" Theme - naturally, then, eventually when I'm finished with enough, I'll release a Silk Road Compilation, along with an appropriate scenario and map.

Anyhow, I must have been really lazy, since I think I can easily release the Tocharians any minute now, literally, but have kept forgetting to. I'll get them as soon as I can.

The Tocharians are up!

Yes, I know this isn't my own LH, but yadda yadda yadda yes I know it's not my own work, but why not use something that already works.

The Hepthtetawetlites (or however you spell them) are up next, after Ekmek can help me fix up the @#$%@#$% Mihirakula LH.

Awesome! The Tocharians sure are interesting! I'm excited for the Hephcthlhfhthalites; I don't know a lot about them.

Hello,
I'm a french new membre that just joined this forum, and my English isn't very good. As cybrxkhan said that we can ask requests for new Civs, I have an idea. I dream of an European Civilization. I searched quite everywhere, but I only founded French, English, German, italian Civilization, but never the European Union, and I'm quite desperate by that. Perhaps it's a stupid idea. Perhaps, I'm wrong. If it's the case, please scuse me.
But I think it could be fun. A Civilization with the cities of Paris, London, Rome, Berlin, all the Européean capitals, with the European banner... Tony Blear (creative/charismatic) could be a great leader.
I'm not demanding, so take all the time you want, if you accept my request.
I'd like to know what do you think of this idea and if you can do something for me, or, perhaps, give me an advice.
Thanks a lot !

Hello,
I'm a french new membre that just joined this forum, and my English isn't very good. As cybrxkhan said that we can ask requests for new Civs, I have an idea. I dream of an European Civilization. I searched quite everywhere, but I only founded French, English, German, italian Civilization, but never the European Union, and I'm quite desperate by that. Perhaps it's a stupid idea. Perhaps, I'm wrong. If it's the case, please scuse me.
But I think it could be fun. A Civilization with the cities of Paris, London, Rome, Berlin, all the Européean capitals, with the European banner... Tony Blear (creative/charismatic) could be a great leader.
I'm not demanding, so take all the time you want, if you accept my request.
I'd like to know what do you think of this idea and if you can do something for me, or, perhaps, give me an advice.
Thanks a lot !

I think cybrxkhan makes specific civilizations for his CotW series. But it isn't that difficult to make a civ (it is just a little time-consuming). You should attempt to make one yourself, and a civ like the European Empire would be relatively easy to create. What you need to do is figure out what the UU and UB will be. You should also decide if you want only one leader, if you want more do you want them to cover all of European history or is this going to be a strictly EU civ? After you figure that out it is as easy as looking at a tutorial.

Alright, so we have the Hephthalites. Obscure but well-known-enough civ, as always. :)

Happy New Years to my fellow Asian comrades! :newyear:

DOWNLOAD THE HEPHTHALITES HERE!

@Dragalex and The Capo: Yes, The Capo is generally right. I don't usually do modern civs, even by request. Having a "European Union" or "Europe" civ, though cool, is too modern for me to do. Also, welcome to the forums, Dragalex! :D

So one civ closer to that Silk Road compilation. Next up I guess is Srivijaya. And again, happy New Years! :banana:
:newyear:

Nice work man. I can't get over how great the sculpting job you did was. You can't even tell that is Pacal under there. I think it is because, for some reason, that face looks familiar to me but I can't really put my finger on it. I probably won't use either of the last two CotWs (or the next one) for Diplomacy II, but I have always wanted to make a history of India mod (sort of like RFC actually, but in India) and all of these civs would probably fit into that construct, well most of them. :goodjob:

I actually think that an India mod like that would be really awesome, and has so much potential. But that's for another time.

I did notice that the in-game flag and the button don't appear to match. If you want I could figure out some color vals to get that "brick" looking color the button has.

Very nice work cybrxkhan!
But why don't you update your Khitan Khanate next?
I suppose it's not that big work as making a new civ, and Den9510 made a new Kuchlug a few months ago. Mostly a reskin, but a pretty decent one...

Thank you for your answers. I saw and read the tutorials but I thought it war harder for me. But I'll try to do it myself. :)

Nice work man. I can't get over how great the sculpting job you did was. You can't even tell that is Pacal under there. I think it is because, for some reason, that face looks familiar to me but I can't really put my finger on it. I probably won't use either of the last two CotWs (or the next one) for Diplomacy II, but I have always wanted to make a history of India mod (sort of like RFC actually, but in India) and all of these civs would probably fit into that construct, well most of them. :goodjob:

I actually think that an India mod like that would be really awesome, and has so much potential. But that's for another time.

I did notice that the in-game flag and the button don't appear to match. If you want I could figure out some color vals to get that "brick" looking color the button has.

Actually I probably won't use most of these guys in WoL either, so fair enough. :lol:

Also, as for the flag and button not matching, obviously that's not too much a concern to me, as long as they are similar enough. After all, the person who made the buttons for me was NikNaks. Or, rather, he improved my old crappy buttons, so in the process of making them better he must have somehow altered the colors. :confused:

Very nice work cybrxkhan!
But why don't you update your Khitan Khanate next?
I suppose it's not that big work as making a new civ, and Den9510 made a new Kuchlug a few months ago. Mostly a reskin, but a pretty decent one...

Yeah, the Khitan have been in the rut for a while. I also have a unique leaderhead for that one, too - Abaoji - but although he is finished too, for some reason I'm still keeping him under tabs and secret for now. He's one of my secret leaderheads, yes, that I haven't released yet. :shifty:

I like the Hephthalites, especially the Tent. Did you make them all by yourself?

As I say in the credits, the tent was made by Walter Hawkwood. Or, rather, he took them from another computer game (Kohan II) I think. The only art that's really mine is the LH, all the other art I nicked from somewhere. But the xml is my work. :p

Excellent civ - though the leaderhead's "art defines" are linking to the original Pacal rather than Mihirakula, so I think you need to amend that XML file.

Great work though, I'm about to play as this civ!!

Thanks for the compliment!

Oh; crap; you are right about the XML! I'll go fix that right away.

After Srivijaya you should make a Mamluk CotW with veBear's Baibars and a Berber CotW with your Abd El-Krim.
Noone made a decent civ for them yet, and they very well fit in your CotW concept IMO.

Also don't forget to update the Khitans to BtS with Abaoji and Kuchlug Khan :D

EDIT: Maybe the Mughals need a redo too with Ekmek's Akbar (and of course an update to BtS). Also, The Capo will do a Babur LH hopefuly soon ;)

After Srivijaya you should make a Mamluk CotW with veBear's Baibars and a Berber CotW with your Abd El-Krim.
Noone made a decent civ for them yet, and they very well fit in your CotW concept IMO.

Also don't forget to update the Khitans to BtS with Abaoji and Kuchlug Khan :D

EDIT: Maybe the Mughals need a redo too with Ekmek's Akbar (and of course an update to BtS). Also, The Capo will do a Babur LH hopefuly soon ;)

Not only that, but Bakuel made some units that could easily be used for Berber or Mamluk UUs. You could even make a Moorish CotW too!

Top Bottom