City State Diplomacy Mod (Updated)

That sounds like a bug to me, normally you can liberate CS at any point, even if a barb gets them.

Only exceptions are Venice and Austria...who convert CS into their own true cities.

Yeah, well thats the wierd part. Because when it "took" it I hoped for an option to liberate them, but it didnt. I just suddent became a warmonger. Which I didnt want. I needed those CS badly. But yeah, I dont know if its a bug. Im new to this Mod so.
But thanks for pointing out that it might be a bug :)

And I was not playing as Austria or Venice fyi.

Can anyone explain how the part about strategic resources work forembassies? It says it should connect the strategic resource to my trade network yet I've never been able to build it on tiles with resources.

\Skodkim

Can anyone explain how the part about strategic resources work forembassies? It says it should connect the strategic resource to my trade network yet I've never been able to build it on tiles with resources.

\Skodkim

Building an embassy on a strategic resource removes the ability to ever connect that resource.

Building an embassy on a strategic resource removes the ability to ever connect that resource.
Ok, so I'm not supposed to build it in the strategic ressource. However the tool tip in \Improvements\Build.xml goes:

Spoiler :
Unit will be consumed.[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]Great Tile Improvements will connect Strategic Resources on this tile to the trade network. Grants [COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]1 World Congress Vote[ENDCOLOR] when constructed.

:confused::confused:

\Skodkim

The problem is that that's the "generic" tooltip for all tile improvements by great persons (and, if I remember correctly, Gazebo didn't want to mess with it to maintain compatibility).

The problem is that that's the "generic" tooltip for all tile improvements by great persons (and, if I remember correctly, Gazebo didn't want to mess with it to maintain compatibility).

It's a Tool tip defined in CSD in the file Improvements\Build.xml

\Skodkim

It's a Tool tip defined in CSD in the file Improvements\Build.xml
Ah, sorry, I just remembered it came up about a month ago or so here, might have changed or something, I guess:
Unfortunately the tooltip is not exclusive to the Embassy. To change it would change it for all improvements. Refer to the civilopedia instead.
G

Ah, sorry, I just remembered it came up about a month ago or so here, might have changed or something, I guess:

Yeah, after I said that I made some changes to CSD and added a unique tooltip which I apparently wrote incorrectly. :)

I'll fix for the next CSD release.
G

Yeah, after I said that I made some changes to CSD and added a unique tooltip which I apparently wrote incorrectly. :)

I'll fix for the next CSD release.
G

Thanks for the explanation. It isn't vital so there's no rush :)

\Skodkim

I think I have a bug using the version for whoward's DLL. Everything seems to be working except that I can't seem to generate Great Diplomats. AI players can, only I can't.

In my current game I've built Chanceries in all of my cities and I built the Summer Palace in my capital. But no GD's have spawned, nor are any of my cities showing progress towards their creation. It's really annoying because I can see the embassies AI players have been establishing.

I figure this is probably a compatibility issue, but I can't imagine with what. Any help people can offer would be greatly appreciated.

I think I have a bug using the version for whoward's DLL. Everything seems to be working except that I can't seem to generate Great Diplomats. AI players can, only I can't.

In my current game I've built Chanceries in all of my cities and I built the Summer Palace in my capital. But no GD's have spawned, nor are any of my cities showing progress towards their creation. It's really annoying because I can see the embassies AI players have been establishing.

I figure this is probably a compatibility issue, but I can't imagine with what. Any help people can offer would be greatly appreciated.

From what I can tell, one player (AI or otherwise) will spawn an infinite amount of Great Diplomats, 1 per turn.

This somehow resulted in one AI making 200 million+ gold and 200 million+ culture per turn.

From what I can tell, one player (AI or otherwise) will spawn an infinite amount of Great Diplomats, 1 per turn.

This somehow resulted in one AI making 200 million+ gold and 200 million+ culture per turn.

Make sure you are using the version of CSD attached to Whoward's combined dll.

G

Don't worry, I was. I removed it since I can't play with it now.

If you are using all of the versions on Whoward's combined dll thread, it should work. Make sure you've cleared your cache and moduserdata when starting a new game and it should work.

G

Using v23 from WHoward's combined dll thread with the combined dll v61.

I can't seem to generate Great Diplomats normally (with points) when using a modded civilization with a unique Great Person (sukitract's Khmer, for example). I can only get them from things like wonders, faith purchasing, city-state gifts, etc.

In the City View, no progress is shown towards Great Diplomats even though I have buildings/wonders with Great Diplomat points.

I do not have this problem when I use a civ that does not have a unique great person. I haven't tried this mod yet with Venice or Mongolia to see if I have the same problem. Will test this and report.

Does anyone else have this problem and/or a fix?

Can i get some help? I am unable to get this working with the CEP, both the dll and no dll versions.

I have followed the instructions on this page and on the CEP page. If i use the dll version the UI fails to load, the Non-Dll version can't even build anything? I will attempt to fiddle a bit and see if it is caused by other mods like the various mod components dll, but any help is appreciated!

EDIT: Tracked down, issues are caused by the DLL Various Mod Components. Any way to use it alongside CEP and CSD? I was using that dll to use the mod that increases cities working distance to 5 tiles.

EDIT2: Odd, using CSD dll version causes the UI to fail aswell, I can get it to work, but only with the non-dll version.

I'm getting the same problem here, using only CSD and Communitas; are there any possible solutions for using the DLL version?
Also, what are exactly the differences between the DLL version and the non-DLL one? Sorry, I'm very new to the Civ 5 modding scene :)

Similar problem here I was spamming great dipolmats in one game and the ai in another.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Spoiler :

Think it may have something to do with the Roman Forum? I was only using v63 of Combined DLL, CSD v24 from the combined link and really advanced setup to test. Will upload the logs.

Nope nothing to do with the Roman Forum I just tested with it disabled and got the same result after selecting a Great Diplo as the Liberty finisher. It seems that as soon as you spawn a great diplomat the spam each turn from then onwards will try it without the combined DLL.

So tried it without the Combined DLL and no Diplo spam. Will post on that thread.

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    11.3 KB · Views: 59
Top Bottom