Help with Debug Mode

Tony595

Warlord
In the Civ3 edit help, i read you can add units in debug mode. Yet i don't know how to activate debug mode. Can anyone please help? Or can anyone explain how to add units to a Scenario?

Debug mode is different (in game). Use Shift-F1 to add units. However, if you try to play the save, it will always be in debug mode. In the editor, click the shield and select the current player. You'll see 2 new icons light up. Those are cities and units.

To activate debug mode, open a bix file, go in Scenarion/Scenario Properties and check the "Debug Mode" checkbox, it's just beside the barbarian options. Then start a game with that bix file. Simple.

fi you play debug mode your nation will be called DEBUG and you will see the whole map from the start (no fog of war)

I think I'll have to make a tool to toggle a save between normal and debug.

Well, I made a tool that toggled the debug flags in the BICX section of the save. Unfortunately, apparently this isn't what controls whether a run is a debug run or not once it's a save. :( There are a lot of other changes (1000 more), many of them in areas of the file that I have never seen documented. This may have to wait till I get a little bit more info :(

I am adding this to this ancient thread because it is the first search that comes up in Google and it tells you very little about using the debug mode, so here are the commands once you’ve checked debug mode in the editor and have launched your scenario ( from another thread that should’ve been the top google search) :
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/how-do-you-use-debug-mode.35775/

Shift + F1" - Select a unit to place on the map
$" - Adds 100 Gold
At the City Screen: "a" - Adds 1 Population
At the City Screen: "b" - Adds an improvement
At the City Screen: "s" - Adds 100 Shields
At the Science Advisor Screen: "Shift + Right-Click" researches the selected (clicked) tech

At the Science Advisor Screen: "+" (or "=") researches all of the techs for the current era.

Top Bottom