3.16 bugs/questions

mystikx21

Deity
While roaming through the 3.16 files, I've found the following issues and fixed most of them, or will be testing them to assure they're fixed before releasing a patch version.

Bug finds
bomber anti-sea promotion duplicated on bomber units (remove second, fixed)
air logistics listed twice in unit promotions (ranged/other, one at -10%, one -25%, removed -25% version, fixed)
supply 2 listed twice for air units in promotion tree (redundant, no effect, fixed)
coal production bonus from mine removed, but no other mines removed
conquistador upgraded to dragoon (should be lancer, fixed)
dragoon didn't upgrade to anything (fixed, set to tank for now, not landship)
hussar change to lancer (fixed)
UU knights/dragoons change unit stats not updated (fixed)
abbey+basilica reduce upkeep to 1 (abbey this is fine at 2) (fixed)
cothon?+barbary port doesn't improve sea plots like a normal lighthouse (fixed)
austria mountain troops strength listed as infantry (60), not rifleman (43), set to rifle + (fixed)
"text" for chichen itza uses pyramid effect (?)

Questions
fighter planes have no innate promotion vs air units (should be just reduced from default) (fixed)
wine/incense faith bonus are on shrine, not temple (intended?)
2 scientist slots + free science on babylon walls? (intended?)
candi has food (from garden) and 4 faith (from shrine) (intended?)
musketeer has FL bonus and strength bonus? (intended?)

I think having two scientist slots and a science bonus on Babylon walls is a little much, but at the same time I'm not sure how often both of those slots would be worked unless a player is trying to push techs really hard in the early game (or the population of the city is large enough to spare filling the second slot).

I'd be happy if it was cut down to one slot plus the bonus.

That was my assessment as well. You already get them for free with liberty, plus a free GS as Babylon, plus a faster GS rate. The original design thread only has the one slot listed, so I think we can look into reducing it.

I'll probably open up a leaders thread for proposed adjustments once I finish the other stuff that I can finish for now but there are a few that seem obviously in need of an adjustment (NASA, babylon wall, korean farms, candi, austrian coffee house still in game, barbary not giving sea food, sushi still in game, etc)

austrian coffee house still in game
Actually I think we should keep the coffee house and drop the Imperial-Royal Mountain troops. It uses resources from the Danish DLC (I don't have the DLC, so it's broken), and, I dunno, seems unbalanced with Homeland Guardian, Hill Fighter, mountain crossing *and* the Norwegian Ski Infantry bonus?

That's also a good option to consider yes. The coffee house can be quickly restored to life if needed. At the moment I am focused on finishing up ideology changes and testing things to make sure the legion of changes are all more or less working.

What I think we should do is have a leaders balance pass as I can think of about 10-12 of them that could use some more significant assessment than the ones that I already put in or were minor "bug" fixes and we can start looking at that early next week. Austria is definitely on that list. I can disable the IRMTs until that is completed and use the coffee house instead. That's the kind of bug that isn't likely to occur to me as I've got all the DLC I believe.

No question about it. Drop the UU. It was one of the first creations of mine and is therefore highly unbalanced, I'm actually amazed it has made it this far.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Yeah, I noticed it was absurdly strong for a Rifleman unit too. :) I would just swap it out for the coffee house for now as much as I like having a mountain feel to Austria. That won't take very long to do.

I will try to test everything tomorrow or Saturday, whenever I have time and put up the preliminary changes if it appears to be working.

I don't think the Viking embark ability is supposed to be impacted at all in the mod directly. That's a different bug. Can you post a log file/save? (ideally it's in its own thread as it does appear to be a new bug not listed above as fixed)

Top Bottom