IGE error when used with whoward69's DLL and CEG

Crimson13

Prince
When CEG is added along with IGE, the DLL, and CAT IGE throws up an error when used that says this:

C:\Users]James\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Communitas AI and Tools (v 3)\Tools\TooltipWriter\TW_Init.lua:123: attempt to index a nil value TW_Init.lua: 123 (Value) InfoTooltipInclude.lua: 439 =(tailcall): -1() IGE_API_Data.lua: 1015 (SetBuildingsData)

I've already posted this on IGE and whowards69's DLL page but it seems like this is more a problem with CEG than the others, or at least on incompatibilities.

I would say this more a problem with IGE.
That mod hasn't been updated for sometime and it may not work nicely with ALL the lua added into CEP.

The specific line that is logged doesn't bug out in any other circumstances and it most likely has to do with IGE handling our changes to units where we have removed/added the 'FaithCost' on those units. Not a lot I can do I'm afraid.

Having said that I haven't seen this myself on the few times I have used IGE so it could be an issue with the PNM DLL, though I doubt.

You can do most of IGE does with the FireTuner, just not in a fancy UI.

From what DonQuiche has said: 'IGE checks all data on start up, it reveals bugs that exist in other mods.'. Going by his words there seems to be possible conflicts with CEG and the DLL. But it could also be something like IGE doesn't understand the data or something. Unfortunately it seems like DonQuiche has quit modding or just stopped updating IGE, so if it was IGE I doubt it would get fixed.

Copy-and-pasted from my post at the DLL - Various Mod Components topic: Using IGE, CAT, and CEG worked fine; using IGE, CAT, and the DLL was the same. But using all of them together caused the IGE error, it's seems when using IGE there's an issue with CEG and the DLL. And I asked DonQuiche (The author of IGE.) and he said that IGE itself doesn't cause issues due to the fact that 'IGE checks all data on start up, it reveals bugs that exist in other mods.'. So it seems like that there could be problems with the latest DLL and CEG.

Yeah understood. I actually liked IGE, though DonQuiche himself said that it wasn't his best work, 'very messy code' in his words. The point I was trying to make is just about everything you could do with IGE can be done witht the FireTuner so if any combo that has IGE is causing bugs you could leave IGE out.

But I'm willing to look further into it. Don't hold your breath on a solution though.

If you can give me ALL you logs and possibly any other details about your setup I'll investigate it further.

There is a slight chance the latest CEG version bugs out with the latest DLL versions. W has added a few new functions in and some might be duplicating CEP's lua functions.

Thank you, I appreciate it. Here's the lua file, tell me if you need anything else.

Attachments

• Lua.rar
    20 KB · Views: 231
Can you uninstall the CEP mods (all of them), clear your cache and moduserdata and then start a new game with a freshly installed copy of the CEP mods.

Your log looks like it was generated over a number of starts without actually getting to the game start. Is this correct? Also which version are you using? Have you made any edits to any of the files?

Apart from what I have just mentioned, it looks like a number of files aren't getting loaded and thus the flow on effect to the rest of the mod(s).

I would like to see a fresh set of logs. You can zip up the 'Logs' directory and attach that. There may be some indicators in the database.log also.

I never actually made any cities/made a turn because I just enabled what mods I was testing and clicked on IGE to see if I got the error. I'm using the latest version of everything; 3.17 CEP, v.53 DLL, and v.39 IGE. The only edit I did before to CEP was changing the rate Stories happened, other than that it's all original CEP.

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    74.4 KB · Views: 222
Ok, progress of a sort.

There is nothing IGE is doing that is causing the errors.

In an install of CEP & DLL v 53 there are numerous logged errors that at this stage I cannot see why they exist.

For some reason a temporary table setup by CEP is not being created when the DLL mod is loaded. Why is not obvious. I will however continue to look, curiosity has taken over.

For some reason the lua for the logging in CEP doesn't get initialised either, which is why your logs, and now my test logs, don't give the standard log details.

This may be beyond me, lua code isn't my forte. I will ask whoward for a bit of help.

Getting there.

DLL mod makes some changes by adding columns to some common tables .
An example is the Worlds table. DLL mod adds the column TradeRouteDistanceMod.
CEP copies those tables into some temporary tables for manipulation, but does so before they are added to.

This means I will need to either make some dependency changes or write some database triggers. Shouldn't be too difficult, I'll just need to put my mind to it.

So, for the time being don't bother whoward with it, I didn't need to ask him in the end, he has a full schedule as it is. I will do my best to work through it.
What I would suggest though is since you haven't actually activated any of the DLL changes, other than the basic setup of the tables, I would suggest not using it alongside CEP.

Further, his DLL is part of the collaboration of a number of modders now working in the Community Balance Patch. CEP is also being ported over to that mod and you will be able to have most of the benefits of CEP along with a great DLL mod. It isn't at version 1 just yet, we are still ironing out some points. Keep an eye on it.

Sorry if that isn't as helpful as you would like.

No no, I appreciate all the effort you did for this. I do have my eye on the CBP, it's not quite CEP yet but I will definitely try it out once it's more developed. Once/If you get the Stories in I'll probably be hooked, haha.

Well I've spent most of this morning looking at what is conflicting and what I can do to fix it.

• I can't use database triggers, they don't work on changes to the table structure only the content.
  • There are numerous duplications of tables with the two mods but each define those tables differently.
  • A lot of lua code inside CAT uses those tables to provide functionality, and I am not fluent enough at fixing the lua.

At the moment the end result looks like I need to define version checking in the sql to only update the database if 'DLL - Various' is or isn't loaded and then add the CAT table additions. Can be done but to be honest it isn't a combination that a lot of users seem to be using.
I have only been looking at getting CAT and DLL to work together. Every step forward only shifts the problem further into the mod. I have references checks in place to ensure DLL gets loaded first, and I have modified the sql in CAT to remove the initial table errors but that is only to get this working, it will screw up all other installs that don't have the DLL loaded.
Add to that CEG makes some changes on top and you might see my predicament.

Unfortunately I am going to put this on the back burner. I would like to focus elsewhere. You do recall we mentioned CEP is in caretaker mode.:D
I'll come back to this when I get an urge to pull my hair out.

For now you will need to choose between CEP and the DLL mods.

Again, thank you for looking into it and helping me. I've said it before but I really appreciate it.

Top Bottom