[cep 3.14] ctd

Arcand

Chieftain
Hi!

Im writing this in a new topic because the old one was full of random problems I was having. Mods please feel free to delete it, for I will state here that the problem was solved via using CEP 3.14. any versions after that were causing multiple errors, usually revolving around the production interface.

That being said, I am having a repeating CTD with my current set up.

I am using the following mods:

CSD for BNW no DLL
Civ IV Diplo (with the only DLL I know of in the list)
CAT/CEG/CI/CM bundled 3.14
Enhanced Military Buildings
Fortress Borders
Promotions - Anvient Ruins Choice
Ressource - Mint include Copper
A number of "Terrain - " and "Units - " mods all located in Bloublou's utility collection
Useful Oil Mod
War - Less Damaged Captured Cities

I feel it usefull to note that none of these, save communitas and the useful oil mod, have ever caused this problem, and it WAS one of the random errors I was having with versions of CEP 3.14+

I am, tonight, gaining access to a more powerful computer and taking all these mod files with me, followed by a fresh Civ 5 steam install. Attached is the log I got from my last attempt with a crash trying to end turn 2. I hope I havn't angered any mods with my many bug complaints in a dis-orderly fasion, and I have attempted to re-order myself with this topic. Please tell me how I did :)

Attachments

• Lua-ctd.rar
    7.9 KB · Views: 267
Ok, let me state at the outset, I am unable to get to my game system computer for quite some time and I can't check you logs or other files on my phone. A hassle, but I'll have to put up with it. Secondly maintenance of this mod is in a hold at the moment as those of us still actively working on modding are shifting attention to the Community Patch DLL mod.

Now, from what you have reported here it looks like you might be using the mods as subscribed via Steam? Yes? I believe 3.14 was the last version there.
At any rate, may I suggest you unsubscribe, if already subscribed in Steam, and download the mods from the post Unit Adjustment mod-mod. These are the latest compiled mods.
Remove the folders that are left over, if any. There should be no Communitas folders in you MODS folder. Now it's just a matter of copying these files into the MODS folder and allowing the game to extract them into usable mods. If on the odd chance that doesn't happen correctly just use a zip program like 7zip, WinRAR, WinZip or anything else to extract them like you would any archive file (*.zip, *.rar, etc.).

As you are having a CTD the most likely problem is with the DLL mod. There isn't really too much in CEP that would be able to do that.

So these are the steps I suggest you take.

1. Via Steam make sure you have the latest game engine installed.
  2. Unsubscribe to CEP mods and ensure no trace is left in the MODS folder.
  3. Clear your cache.
  4. Download the files from the post above and copy them into the MODS folder.
  5. Start the game and allow the mods to extract.
  6. Select ONLY the CEP mods and ensure there is no problem with them on your computer.
  7. Add, one-by-one, the other mods and start a game to ensure no problems.
  8. The mod that is added last before the CTD is where you will need to look for answers.

As you have taken the choice of downgrading to 3.14 and feel that is your best option, any further assistance I can offer will be minimal as I view that as a backwards step. Your BEST option is to use the latest version as it is very stable.

You can always try and pinpoint problems with mods by eliminating as much unnecessary stuff as possible. ie if you have 10 mods loaded and are having a problem, un-select half of them, clear your cache and check. If there is no problem, check the other half. Then if it re-appears reduce that selection by half and repeat the process until the problem mod is left. Of course that is the simplest path, compatibility means you will have to check them against a number of select mods.

General rule-of-thumb is, if the mods are changing similar things there is more likelihood of conflict. That's why CEP, CSD and Civ IV Diplomacy have instruction pages on how to enable them all together. If you haven't already, check out the CSD page for instructions. Gazebo has a very thorough setup guide for those three mods, and he is very much active in maintaining his mod.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

seems like I have been wrong all along. It looks like its not CSD doing the problem, its Civ IV Diplomacy... CTD leaving turn 3. just communitas and Civ IV D on this one. im beffudled, I could have sworn I was getting the errors with CSD + Communitas... but theres the scientific method for ya...

Ammend: I feel it neccisary to mention the diplomacy history window is empty on this lua as well.

Attachments

• Lua - communitas +CIVD.rar
    16.1 KB · Views: 265
Top Bottom