Border calculation bug on invaded city on border of 3 empires?

whb

King
(Posting explanation now, I'll post a savefile/screenshot this evening when I get home)

In a game playing the Americans, I (appropriately) invaded the city of Baghdad, which was on the border of America, Arabia, and the Roman Empire. I quickly built up the culture in the city in order to expand its borders, but something odd happened -

While the city's cultural border expanded into Arabia as its culture grew, it contracted from Rome, despite having a higher culture than the only nearby Roman city. This got to the silly extent that with Baghdad having a +60% culture defense bonus, and the Roman city having only +40%, Baghdad still had zero cultural border squares on the Roman side, although it was growing on the Arabian side.

Rushing temples, theatres, a Hermitage, and eventually putting 100% culture on the slider and switching civics to a +50% culture civic made no difference - mouseover on the tiles immediately outside Baghdad and they were becomming inexplicably more Roman.

Just for clarification - I was playing this last night. "post a savefile... when I get home" is because I'm posting this from the office, I wasn't playing the game at the office!! :)

Top Bottom