Beyond the Sword Patch v3.19 Released

Ginger_Ale

Lurker
Retired Moderator
In an unexpected move today, Firaxis released a new patch for Beyond the Sword, version 3.19. Intended to correct minor errors rather than introduce additional features, the 165 MB file contains numerous bug fixes for the core game and enhancements for AI behavior. After installing this patch, the CD is no longer required to start up and play the game.

To view the full changelog and discuss this patch, please see this thread. Here are some minor highlights:
- Re-enabled Foreign Advisor "Glance" screen
- Barrage promotions no longer available to units without the ability to already cause collateral damage
- Collateral damage modifiers, collateral damage immunity, and air defense modifiers, multiply instead of add
- AI uses Warlords to make super-medic units
- AI changes civics during Golden Ages
- Fixed event triggering on a dead unit
- Fixed bug where culture obtained through espionage was 100 times lower than intended
- Colonies no longer assume the name of an eliminated player

How to Download and Install the Patch

If you play the game on a computer with an internet connection, select Advanced from the main game menu and then Check for Updates. The game's auto-installer will then download and apply the patch.

Download Mirrors

You can also download the patch directly from our file database. A number of download mirrors are available.

>> Discuss the patch on the forums

so its no longer ugly?

Actually, no. :p I just checked, and it's the same as what was disabled in 3.17.

The best move is to use the BUG mod...

wow... a new patch... I was waiting for a new expansion or Civ V...

i can't patch my copy. Is this because i purchased it on steam? it doesn't seem to have a spot for me to direct the patch to the installation folder.

i can't patch my copy. Is this because i purchased it on steam? it doesn't seem to have a spot for me to direct the patch to the installation folder.

Yeah, you will have to wait for Steam to release their version of the patch. Give them a few days...

After installing this patch, the CD is no longer required to start up and play the game.
I hardly ever post here anymore, just wanted to say I LOVE YOU FRAXIS after reading that.

Steam will automatically update the game when a steam version of the patch is released.

Q&A and a small patch... someones building goodwill :rolleyes:

I see that as a good thing :goodjob: Supporting your core game for such a long time is a good thing in my book for sure!

They patched before with no new announcements, but sure smells like something is coming soon!

Steam will automatically update the game when a steam version of the patch is released.

Which is also out already. Nice work!

I will wait the no-** of 3.19 because even if i have installed the commercial version it wont turn on my os... More, my cd of bts is a few hurted but i can install toutefois...

Dont be in error, i'm not in illegality since i have an commercial copy of Civ4 + Warlords + BTS in separate packs...

But if the new compil of civ 4 (Civ4 + warlords + bts + colonization) arrives in Europe, i will buy it for sure ;)

So i always buyed my Civs since the civ two of 1995-96

Vista problems? I used the in-game updater to download the patch and my modem reset in the middle of the download :sad: I had to start over. Finally got the patch, and BTS tells me to shut down the program and install the patch now. What? I thought it was supposed to do that? What file name, where is it? I tried restarting BTS, still had version 3.17, so I started the update again, thinking maybe it would install the patch... Crashed Vista completely, had to hard reset. I couldn't even get task manager to work. I rebooted and tried again, this time it started redownloading the file from the beginning. Well, at least I knew the file name. I stopped the download and searched for the file, tried to run it, but of course it was incomplete because I had clicked update again and overwritten what I had downloaded the first time...:confused:

Maybe the link from here will save the file to my desktop so I can actually apply it?

I just got high-speed in my area out in the boondocks, I pity anybody trying to do this on dial-up.

I deleted BTS 3.17 by uninstall, deleted no-** 3.17

Reinstalled BTS, patch to 3.19, inserted my bts disc and... it runs on Vista 64 :eek:

I'm very glad by the support of Vista :goodjob:

Top Bottom