[BtS] Dales Combat Mod!

Which unit did you use this for? There are only a number of specific units that would use this, guided missiles among them, and if you arbitrarily changed bSuicide back to 0 that might "fix" the CTD, but then you cannot use the unit properly. It's not a solution.

Gaius Octavius,

There are only 3 possibilities, as only 3 units have the <bSuicide>1</bSuicide> tag in the civ4unitinfos.xml file:

1. UNITCLASS_GUIDED_MISSILE

2. UNITCLASS_TACTICAL_NUKE

3. UNITCLASS_ICBM

The question is why do any of these units cause a problem with the bSuicide tag turned on?

Looks like Dale answered the question: "Suicide is part of combat resolution. Which at present is planted in the middle of the CASA beta code."

V/R,

Orion Veteran :cool:

Just a bit' o ' feedback , I'm getting hang and freeze in 1500 AD or so with stack attack. I'm using cho-ku-nus BTW.

Game frozen after combat... two times in two games ??? Can do NOTHING but advisors. Did you already have this problem before ? The only difference would be Civ launched in french version ? dont think so ??

PROBLEM IS NOT THE LANGUAGE AND PRODUCES ONLY WHEN I (NOT AI) ATTACK IN STACK (CASA)...

THKS MICE ! I THOUGHT I WAS ALONE... FOR ME IT PRODUCED WITH A STACK OF 4 SWORDSMEN...

AND A SUGGESTION TO COMPLETE THIS MOD : WHY DONT YOU ADD THE 34 PLAYERS POSSIBILITY ??????

Gaius Octavius,

There are only 3 possibilities, as only 3 units have the <bSuicide>1</bSuicide> tag in the civ4unitinfos.xml file:

1. UNITCLASS_GUIDED_MISSILE

2. UNITCLASS_TACTICAL_NUKE

3. UNITCLASS_ICBM

The question is why do any of these units cause a problem with the bSuicide tag turned on?

Looks like Dale answered the question: "Suicide is part of combat resolution. Which at present is planted in the middle of the CASA beta code."

V/R,

That's what I can't quite figure out. :confused: This seems to be more a part of the CASA system than the air bombing system (forgive me, I am not familiar with DCM as a whole, only its components).

If I understand it correctly, as long as you don't have any suicide units, you shouldn't get a CTD... but the CTDs that I was getting did not involve any missile/nuclear units, for they were not even available yet. Added to the fact that I wasn't using CASA at the time... I wonder if we have two separate crash instances going on. :crazyeye:

Gaius:

There may be two separate bugs. In regards to the suicide unit CTD it may be because of CASA.

My friends and I recently started a new multi game, and we were talking about the fact that the one thing we missed was having stacked combat matter. I decided to check out any mods available and here it is! My question is, can I load two mods at once?

We want to do the Next War Epic Mod (the one that includes an entire epic game, plus the end war era) and would like to use DCM through the entire game. Since the Next War loads as a mod as well I can't figure out how to do this, or even if there is a way. Any ideas?

Thanks everyone!

Yep, I am the one who had a CTD, but it was with Dale's Airbombing Mod (which is included in this one). From what I can gather something is wrong in his latest version of it. I had previously used the Ranged Bombardment Mod for weeks now without any trouble, but suddenly with the new Airbombing system things are going awry.

I have talked the matter over with Dale and I believe he is going to try to look into it. Until then, we'll just have to wait. :(

Dale, please upload your old versions of DCM and AB if it's going to be a while! :D

Confirmed, and fixed for the next version. :)

The AI was trying to port airbomb when no ships present (hence crash due to calling a NULL unit).

The AI will now count the number of ships in the city and if zero will not consider a port airbomb mission. This is in line with what a human would do.

So Dale, how about this:

Dale, can you please add an <iBombardAccuracy> tag into the mix? It's role would be simple: determine how often a bombardment/barrage mission will hit its mark. Revolutionary War Musketmen could be 30% effective, while Snipers could be 95% effective. This would add a huge effect of realism to the mod and is something that vanilla CIV 4 is lacking!

Also, let's say Archers have a 50% chance to succeed in bombardment/barrage. They no longer have no risk/all reward because 1/2 times they will lose all movement points, effectively wasting a turn.

Dale,

Please reference post 110:

Any thoughts about my discoveries and recommendations? :)

V/R,

Other things are more important first, and then it will get it's make-over. :)

PROBLEM IS NOT THE LANGUAGE AND PRODUCES ONLY WHEN I (NOT AI) ATTACK IN STACK (CASA)...

THKS MICE ! I THOUGHT I WAS ALONE... FOR ME IT PRODUCED WITH A STACK OF 4 SWORDSMEN...

AND A SUGGESTION TO COMPLETE THIS MOD : WHY DONT YOU ADD THE 34 PLAYERS POSSIBILITY ??????

1st of all lose the caps as it is classed as shouting!

2nd I also found this out while testing this part of the mod. But it only lasts a short time for me. does it go away for you after a short time or do you have to restart? also when it happends click the mini map and see if this kicks the game back into play it always did with me.

Suicide is part of combat resolution. Which at present is planted in the middle of the CASA beta code.

Can something with a save that reliably crashes due to this test by turning CASA OFF via the GlobalDefinesAlt.xml setting?

It sounds like you don't need this any more, but I turned CASA off, and I am still getting the CTD. Thanks for all you hard work.

The next version will include new AI code for airbombing missions. The AI now selects an airbomb mission depending on the situation now, instead of just pure randomness.

EG: The AI will place more weight on defense bombing mission if it has units near the city.

1st of all lose the caps as it is classed as shouting!

2nd I also found this out while testing this part of the mod. But it only lasts a short time for me. does it go away for you after a short time or do you have to restart? also when it happends click the mini map and see if this kicks the game back into play it always did with me.

THKS ! ALWAYS HAVE TO RESTART BUT I LL TRY YOUR METHOD!

Dale, does this mean you're not interested in Bombard Accuracy?

Dale, does this mean you're not interested in Bombard Accuracy?

Well really, is there a need for accuracy? There's promotions that deal with that. :)

Not in the way that I mean.

Your "civ-3 style bombard" ... will inflict damage on an opponent. The Acurracy I'm talking about is whether or not your bombard will "take," ie, will it "hit its mark."

A catapult tries to bombard an enemy 1 tile away, it has a 50% accuracy rate, so 1 in 2 times the catapult will miss and thus end up doing no damage to the unit.

Did I explain it better?

This way, bombardment / archer barrage isn't no penalty/all reward, because if the unit fails (misses) then it loses a movement point/wastes a turn.

How's this mod coming along? Any word on when the next update or final version will be available?

Top Bottom