The King of the World Throne Room

What about an Always Peace game as one of the European powers? There's various gambits one could try: the apostolic palace, culture bombing, beelining astronomy to colonize South America and Australia.

I forgot to mention, it is always best to double the speed of all naval units in notepad. It's better for colonizing and it's more realistic imho.

The AI does even worse at Always Peace than Always War. Guarantee you in that variant Monty sits around with 800 hojillion Axemen... and nothing to do with them. You'd almost have to play a sandwiched European mainland power just to even the score.

What about this for an Always Peace game: empty out the Americas and play an Age of Exploration-era map as either the Portuguese or the Dutch? Put an emphasis on getting to Astronomy (or Optics for Joao) and the New World first, getting that land rolling, and then riding it to victory? You'd mentioned an Age of the Sail-type map earlier in the thread; it could make for a fun variant. I'd say add Raging Barbs on top of it just to make the Americas more hostile, but I think the Eastern powers with a lot of land outside the capital would just end up overrun.

Always Peace sounds like a borefest. One of the most enjoyable things in this series is how Neal tears through the enemy civilizations like tissue paper. It's boring to see a peaceful game unless Neal decides to play as Turkey on Earth-34.

Always Peace sounds like a borefest. One of the most enjoyable things in this series is how Neal tears through the enemy civilizations like tissue paper. It's boring to see a peaceful game unless Neal decides to play as Turkey on Earth-34.

+1 to no Always Peace. The greatest of joys comes not from watching Neal build up, but watching Neal crash down like lightning and shred things into itty bits :p

I think you should give the Earth Ice-age another shot but not play the vanilla-version, where everything is randomized, but instead the bts-version where civilizations actually start in their realistic positions.
Thats a fun scenario, especially witg aggressive AI on, as the AI's seem seem to go full warmode really early on (I once wathed the Chinese wiping out the indians at turn 150 by axe-rush on epic speed whilst playing as Sumeria!)

I vote for playing a Middle East civ on Legends of Revolution on it's included Earth Map.

The trouble with LoR is that it's hard to edit it... and I disagree with some of the changes.

what i like to play is a variant of earth 18 with all 18 in europe/asia/africa.
i remove americans civ, put barbarian cities instead, and add babylone, khmer and another civ (usualy vikings, korea, or carthage).

That add more land pressure where there is too mutch space and reward colonization.
Once, i put too mutch barabarian cities, the IA couldn't colonize due to too mutch barbarian armies...

I think you should give the Earth Ice-age another shot but not play the vanilla-version, where everything is randomized, but instead the bts-version where civilizations actually start in their realistic positions.
Thats a fun scenario, especially witg aggressive AI on, as the AI's seem seem to go full warmode really early on (I once wathed the Chinese wiping out the indians at turn 150 by axe-rush on epic speed whilst playing as Sumeria!)

This seems like an awesome idea. The Vikings had their shot, but Sumeria, Babylon and Carthage have some potential.

Never tried Earth Ice Age; be interesting to see a game of it.

I also think another shot at the Ice Age Map sounds like a good Idea.

DT
Still a lurkin' :hide:

Okay. So it sounds like there's a lot of support for Ice Age, and, honestly, it sounds kind of cool to me, too. So who would you like to see? I'm kind of leaning Gilgamesh, myself...

Okay. So it sounds like there's a lot of support for Ice Age, and, honestly, it sounds kind of cool to me, too. So who would you like to see? I'm kind of leaning Gilgamesh, myself...

:p

Yup, Gilgamesh seems a good choice.

Played this variant as Korea or Japan back in my Noble days (forget which civ). It is a very interesting variant indeed, throwing up different options, while being similar enough to normal Earth 18 to be not too different.

How bout revolutionDCM? It would work with the ice age map and prevent the game from turning into a snorefest once it is clear that you will win (assuming you go the conquest route, it makes sense for Giggles). :groucho:

I just loaded up the Ice Age scenario. Didn't play for too long. Gilgamesh should be fun, but he's going to need to move his capital. It is a really lousy production site early on.

Arright, Ice Age Gilgamesh it is. I'm ready to start the game, but I have one (silly) question before I do: Does anyone remember which interface mod I was using before? Y'know, the one that showed AI relations on the main screen, divided up the progress bars for techs and such, and all that? I seem to have forgotten it...

Top Bottom