Next patch

Agent327

Observer
I've been trying, somewhat unsuccesfully, to remedy this issue:

- Assimilation Custom Game options are currently in error; here's the rundown:

- High to Low option actually loads Final Five
- Increasing Difficulty loads High to Low option
- Final Five loads Increasing Difficulty

I originally tried simply renaming the options to what they're actually loading, but that didn't seem to have any effect. (The error dates back, I believe, from when I removed the Barbarian World option, which didn't work with FF.) From what I can tell Assimilation mod now needs to be re-merged in to correct the situation.

I also noted that the music I included with patch 4l wasn't all MP3 files (which they should be), so not all music was played during the mod.

Other new content I'm keeping under wraps for now. ;)

I'd just like to mention I intend to include anything that will get done over the next couple of weeks for MOO2Civ 5.0, so expect an ETA of around mid-March (hopefully before the March new Civ4 creations update. ;)

(Personally I don't see much point to releasing a patch before that, so...)

:lol: No (not AFAIK), I am referring to the monthly Civ4 creations update, like the one now posted on the CFC frontpage for mid-februari. ;)

Just a reminder that any contributions post/uploaded this week I'll include with v. 5.0, to be released prior to February 14. (I may be able to add anything posted later, but if not, it'll have to wait for v. 5.1.)

Woah, so that means I need to get things fixed soon? :)
Does my "minimod" get included? Where do you want the upload? Or just on the usual thread?

I dunno; I expect there'll be a v. 5.1, but not before another month at least. And I've also been getting reports on additional contributions, so... I just wanted to remind people I announced v. 5.0 for mid March and I'd like to stick with that.

Also, I'll definitely include your minimod! ;)

EDIT: Actually I want to include some basic scenarios with v. 5.0 based upon the minimod, so I'll need a sort of 'definitive' version for that.

I hope to upload v. 5.0 on the 11th, as I'm away on the 12th. (If that doesn't work out ETA is the 13th or early on the 14th at the latest.)

I can't wait :).

I really like this mod. The only thing which doesn't please me is a partially "bland" tech tree, but it's a hard thing to make unless you go too far from the canon, so it's not your fault.

I'm interested to see what's in the patch.

Well, fulano's minimod thread might give you a few clues - I assure you the tech tree won't be "bland" in v. 5.0. ;)

Yeah I've played it, and the main "problem" for me so far is the abundance of techs which give nothing but promotion.
Even a small building would be cool here and there, but it's not too hard I guess.

Others give too much instead, i.e. basic diplomacy.

If you ask me about the diplomacy line, I think it would be ok to spread it on two after basic diplomacy, which would mean aggressive/peaceful decisions.

Vassal states can be enabled by "Military tactics", defensive pacts by "Xeno Relations" and permanent alliances could be as far as "Military civics", because this is close to a mid-game/end-game decisions.

Also I am not sure about all civics of some type in a tech and about this line at all. You could spread different civics between appropriate techs, and then you wouldn't need this line at all, and it would solve other lines' emptiness here and there.

Also techs need icons. I can try to help with it.

Cool! I suggest posting your suggestions on fulano's thread, as he's planning to do an update. ;)

If no last-minute-hiccups occur I'll be oploading v. 5.0 tomorrow as planned; before that I'll be busy cleaning up the files (getting rid of file copies and such), check if I missed something, check auto-installer, stuff like that. (But if you can't wait that long, downloading 5.0 Beta plus fulano's minimod gives some indication of what to expect.)

In the same way.

I've just spent a few hours digging through SDK and now I can make stealth/see stealth promotions :). Testing it right now... I mean now I have to learn how to compile my Cpp/h files I've altered.

Wow, been awfully quiet on this subforum... Just passing by to say there will be a next patch. (Can't say when just yet though.)

Cheers NELEEJ aka JEELEN ;)

Top Bottom