The Resource Mod

We are on the same page. If I remember correctly (haven't used it in a while) with his editor you can just use the buttons. Or maybe you have to shrink the buttons first , but either way that way I found easier for me than copying and pasting. I do not have a list of which go where. If you simply open the editor anyway it is obvious which one is which is it not?

I downloaded this hoping to see that Stolenrays' pumpkin, melon and squash textures for low graphics settings had been fixed. Imagine my surprise to discover they were not even in this version of the mod. Will they be in the future and have they been fixed?

I have a problem: half the time I try and load this mod, I get this error:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "PerfectWorld2", line 5744, in addBonuses

File "PerfectWorld2", line 3679, in AddBonuses

File "PerfectWorld2", line 3755, in AddBonusType

File "PerfectWorld2", line 3897, in CanPlaceBonusAt

MemoryError
ERR: Python function addBonuses failed, module PerfectWorld2

What's wrong with the fonts for this mod?

I tried to down laod it from a cd that the mod was loaded on and it told me to insert the cd. It loaded a short cut in Civ IV but didn't dowload any file into the progam files. Any suggestion on what I did wrong?

ok, since googleing and browsing through this thread didnt get me any results, which means that everybody instantly knows how this works, here comes the probably biggest noob question of the year:

How. Do. I. Install. This.?

Seriously, guys... wtf? no instructions anywhere?

I would recommend someone posts the answer for people who generally want to get this to work, so others can benefit from it.

For me, personally, I would love this to work with BtS - History in the Making and with Blue Marble 4.5. How do I do that?

Tried on my own yesterday and f*ed up the whole installation, need to re-install everything :/

thanks in advance!

ok, since googleing and browsing through this thread didnt get me any results, which means that everybody instantly knows how this works, here comes the probably biggest noob question of the year:

How. Do. I. Install. This.?

Seriously, guys... wtf? no instructions anywhere?

I would recommend someone posts the answer for people who generally want to get this to work, so others can benefit from it.

For me, personally, I would love this to work with BtS - History in the Making and with Blue Marble 4.5. How do I do that?

Tried on my own yesterday and f*ed up the whole installation, need to re-install everything :/

thanks in advance!

Fix the res fonts for Ackee and Apricot

Change Apricot from Ackee to a picture of a Apricot so Apricot will show up as a Apricot tree not the Ackee tree.

This is a working copy of the The Resource Mod 5.0 you can say 5.0a fixed

The fonts are now fix for this mod

To install unzip the mod The Resource Mod after that open up the unziped The Resource Mod folder in it is the The Resource Mod copy this to or move this to BTS mods folder.

to get this to work with History in the Making and with Blue Marble 4.5 You need to make a new sdk dll by adding sdk files that come with each mod and make a new dll. Plus merge the xml files of the mods together art files etc..

if History in the Making is your base mod you need to all of the The Resource Mod to it and add The Resource Mod sdk files to History in the Making sdk files to make a new dll or it will not work.

You need to know how to work with sdk files merging together to make a new dll

Get the fixed mod here: http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/107402/the-resource-mod

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 228
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 267
Ok, thanks for the quick reply First of all, but what of i have no clue how to do any of that?

:/

HISTORY IN THE MAKING 4.00 merge with The Resource Mod 5.1

to have this to work with Blue Marble 4.5 just install the Blue Marble 4.5

make sure you copy or move HISTORY IN THE MAKING to the mods folder in Beyond the Sword

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods

Get the merged mods here: http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/107416/history-and-resource

I have used the Almond resource from here in Caveman2Cosmos where we are getting the following errors

RESMGR: Failed loading file Art/Terrain/Resources/Almond/Banana_Master_Improved_Worked.kf. Reason: (code:1) Cannot open file.
RESMGR: Failed loading file Art/Terrain/Resources/Almond/Banana_Master_Improved_Not_Worked.kf. Reason: (code:1) Cannot open file.
RESMGR: Failed loading file Art/Terrain/Resources/Almond/Banana_Master_Normal_Not_Improved.kf. Reason: (code:1) Cannot open file.

None of the files are in your copy of the resource. Do you know where I can find them? I did find a copy of Banana_Master_Improved_Worked.kf in the Civ IV fpk's.

Are these messagea I need to worry about? It came up in our ongoing quest to get rid of graphic glitches and the dreaded MAFs.

By the way if you still don't have low res graphics versions of melons and pumpkin one of our team did the fix necessary and I can post them here if you want.

I have used the Almond resource from here in Caveman2Cosmos where we are getting the following errors

None of the files are in your copy of the resource. Do you know where I can find them? I did find a copy of Banana_Master_Improved_Worked.kf in the Civ IV fpk's.

Are these messagea I need to worry about? It came up in our ongoing quest to get rid of graphic glitches and the dreaded MAFs.

By the way if you still don't have low res graphics versions of melons and pumpkin one of our team did the fix necessary and I can post them here if you want.

Not tested but try this copy of Almond I copy these from the apple resource

Not tested but try this copy of Almond I copy these from the apple resource

Argh, it is causing a C++ error when displaying the animation in the pedia.
Code:
RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception

I have had this problem with other resources and had to get rid of the animation or get someone to redo the graphics from the start.:sad:

Argh, it is causing a C++ error when displaying the animation in the pedia.
Code:
RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception

I have had this problem with other resources and had to get rid of the animation or get someone to redo the graphics from the start.:sad:

Ok Try this Almond I changed the almonds DDS file to the name banana and used the banana.nif from the apple resource and deleted the almonds.nif file in the almond folder this does work in The Resource Mod so this my also work for you and I also changed Almond_CIV4ArtDefines_Bonus for this to work

<BonusArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_BONUS_ALMONDS</Type>
<fScale>1.0</fScale>
<fInterfaceScale>1.5</fInterfaceScale>
<NIF>Modules/Resources/Almond/Art/Terrain/Resources/Almond/Almonds.nif</NIF>
<KFM>Modules/Resources/Almond/Art/Terrain/Resources/Almond/Banana.kfm</KFM>
<SHADERNIF>Modules/Resources/Almond/Art/Terrain/Resources/Almond/Almonds.nif</SHADERNIF>
<Button>Modules/Resources/Almond/Art/Interface/Buttons/WorldBuilder/Almond.dds</Button>
<FontButtonIndex>93</FontButtonIndex>
</BonusArtInfo>

to this

<BonusArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_BONUS_ALMONDS</Type>
<fScale>1.0</fScale>
<fInterfaceScale>1.5</fInterfaceScale>
<NIF>Modules/Resources/Almond/Art/Terrain/Resources/Almond/Banana.nif</NIF>
<KFM>Modules/Resources/Almond/Art/Terrain/Resources/Almond/Banana.kfm</KFM>
<SHADERNIF>Modules/Resources/Almond/Art/Terrain/Resources/Almond/Banana.nif</SHADERNIF>
<Button>Modules/Resources/Almond/Art/Interface/Buttons/WorldBuilder/Almond.dds</Button>
<FontButtonIndex>93</FontButtonIndex>
</BonusArtInfo>

Now your FontButtonIndex # may be something other then #93 for almond in your mod

Attachments

• Almond.zip
    53.8 KB · Views: 220
Sounds great, dacubz! :)

I have some ideas for more resources:
Tea
Oak
Natural Gas
Curium
Chicken
Duck
Turkey
Eel
Salmon
Dog
Cat
Oats
Mud
Sweet Potato
Asbestos
Leeches
Carrots
Turnips
Mushrooms
Tuna
Goat
Cocoa / Cacao Bean
Beans
Emerald
Zebra
Mice
Chalk
Ice
Tomato
Watermelon
Seeds
Snails
Silicon

What do you think of these? :)

(If these were already in the mod, please tell me.)

Top Bottom