G-Major 103

Random number can be 0-6. How did you know it was 1 for both?

Cus it's not really random. It's based on location of their captial city. So once you get Stonehenge or calendar, (or paper for maps), and/or reveal enough tiles. You can figure out the number. I might have the number wrong though, because Ragnar sure seems like he's in an early culture stage. He's spreading multiple religions around his cities. And he turned on Free Speech...and it's not even turn 200 yet.

I have to take back my prediction that this game would be frustrating. Ragnar turned out to be the best culture partner I've ever had.

He stayed in Free speech.
He built tons of cathedrals, Hollywood, RocknRoll, Eiffel, Herm, etc.
He switched into culture stage 3 the moment we got Radio, so I stopped tech there. Never bothered with the U.N.
He ran 100% culture slider.
When he was done building the wonders and cathedrals, he just built Culture. Amazing!

I didn't want to mess around with his 3rd city and culture bombing, so I just settled about 8 artists in his 2nd city...which got to 1370 cpt near the end.

I never touched his capital which went legendary before my capital did.

I played a 5 deer/2 Fur/0 gem start. Pretty sad capital, but I also did not have to use G.Artists there.

I still can't figure out why he went into culture stage 2 and 3, so I won't try again. I don't think I could ever beat:

Only 275 turns, 1810 AD.

You should have culture bombed. You would gotten a much better date:

A much better date is possible with Great Artist gifts and Great Works into the third city.

My first game with Stalin would have won in the 1700s as I recall, if only he had been in culture mode 3 when I gave him several Great Artists. Stalin built about half the Great Wonders in this game.

Your finish is still very good though.

Sun Tzu Wu

Top Bottom