Patria Grande: Civilizations of the Americas

Hm... I think I had sent a revised list of chilean cities some good time ago. The list ain't bad but the problem is that it reflects the current aspect of Chile, so it doesn't quite represent O'Higgins Chile. For example, Valdivia and Castro should be way up there (or in the case of Castro, actually there), Arica and Antofagasta weren't part of the country yet, Temuco and Coyhaique weren't founded until like, a whole century later and so on and so forth. sSill, not a bad list, maybe could be used for an alternate version of Chile...

Hm... I think I had sent a revised list of chilean cities some good time ago. The list ain't bad but the problem is that it reflects the current aspect of Chile, so it doesn't quite represent O'Higgins Chile. For example, Valdivia and Castro should be way up there (or in the case of Castro, actually there), Arica and Antofagasta weren't part of the country yet, Temuco and Coyhaique weren't founded until like, a whole century later and so on and so forth. sSill, not a bad list, maybe could be used for an alternate version of Chile...

Eh, I hadn't figured that was specifically important since pretty much most civs have cities on their list that weren't part of that specific leader's domain. Washington, for example, only ever had the thirteen original colonies, but there's stuff from all over America.

...but then, I can get behind revising things so they're more accurate for most of those. My primary concern is usually that like, I can look at a map and say 'this is where that is' because that is what I actually do with these. :p

So, its pretty obvious I got sidetracked by many things (CivBE included) and I didn't finish Haiti in time, anyway, I will still finish it soon hehe. Just to show something else (featuring Jan's amazing Houngan icons):

So, its pretty obvious I got sidetracked by many things (CivBE included) and I didn't finish Haiti in time, anyway, I will still finish it soon hehe. Just to show something else (featuring Jan's amazing Houngan icons):

Spooky...

I'm getting some Frog Princess vibes from that Hougan icon... :mischief:

Refresh my mind a bit, the gun unit is a Maroon, a Caco or a Picket?

Maroon, though in game the name is Mawon (the Kréyol word for them)

So you did Gran Colombia which while super short lived, was a pretty huge boon to decolonization of the New World. And you're doing Central America which lasted for an even shorter time but was pretty nice while it lasted and serves to represent a lot of those smaller countries that aren't civ material in their own right.

...so how about the West Indies Federation, a union of most of those tiny Caribbean islands that are absolutely too small for note, but only lasted one term and didn't even get actual dominion status or independence until it'd broken up? Or are you going to treat the Pirates of the Caribbean as the functional representative of that area? :p

That might be more suitable for RawSasquatch; tiny polities that didn't last very long is the entire theme of his What A Time It Was pack. It's an interesting idea, though. =]

EDIT: Here's what I came up with.

West Indian Federation (Grantley Adams)
Start Bias: Coastal
UA: Dwell Together In Unity
Bonus and Strategic Resources have their primary yield increased by 1. +5% :c5greatperson: Great People generation rate for each Luxury Resource worked by a City.
UU: WIR (replaces Musketman)
Starts with Drill I and a unique promotion, "Federal Tradition", which grants a +5% :c5strength: Combat Bonus for each city founded on a different land mass. 25% more expensive.
UU: Merchantman (replaces Frigate)
Starts with a unique promotion, "The Federal Maple", that allows it to generate +1 :c5gold: Gold per turn for each Allied City-State and Major Civilization with whom you have a Declaration of Friendship. Can only be bought with Gold.

I would like to extend my gratitude to you, Leugi. For your civs have helped me immensely in the surprise test I got today about South America. They helped me with many of the capitals and recognize Eva Peron from a picture that looked just like her leaderscreen in your Argentina civ.

I would like to extend my gratitude to you, Leugi. For your civs have helped me immensely in the surprise test I got today about South America. They helped me with many of the capitals and recognize Eva Peron from a picture that looked just like her leaderscreen in your Argentina civ.

Lol!
They helped me as well in a test!
Even though i have a map above my bed...

While we're giving our gratitude to Leugi I also must mention how glad I am that there's someone with whom I can talk about Latin American matters on a gaming level and also as an amateur historian, particularly someone from Bolivia, which historically has been difficult given some rivalry between our two countries.

I'm glad we can look over those silly conflicts to accomplish greater things. :)

Oh and of course, I can't thank you enough for putting Latin America in the limelight with your awesome mods. :D

So I suspect one of your mods during installation crashes the game, now why is that so critical? because if you install/update mods and the game crashes you have to delete your ModDataBase so you could download them again (instant heart attack for people with slow interwebs).
So I deleted all my mods and one by one I installed collections and when I reached yours the crash occurred.

So you did Gran Colombia which while super short lived, was a pretty huge boon to decolonization of the New World. And you're doing Central America which lasted for an even shorter time but was pretty nice while it lasted and serves to represent a lot of those smaller countries that aren't civ material in their own right.

...so how about the West Indies Federation, a union of most of those tiny Caribbean islands that are absolutely too small for note, but only lasted one term and didn't even get actual dominion status or independence until it'd broken up? Or are you going to treat the Pirates of the Caribbean as the functional representative of that area? :p

theorically Gran Colombia still existing :lol: After Venezuela's independece, the republic as political entity remained the same, just with less lands.

Hey, doing Patria Grande helped me in tests too :p, you guys certainly knew more about many civs than I ever did so thanks too!

Cuba, Israel, Aymara - those are the three that always crash for me.

I thought the Aymara were fixed in the latest update? I didn't ever know about Cuba or Israel though :confused: ... Anyway, it's some sort of corruption when updating to Steam, so it can't be fixed until they are updated again...

In the meantime it's best to use the direct CivFanatics download links. Also, Haiti coming up tomorrow! :goodjob:

Hi Leugi, let me first congratulate you for your awesome new civilizations. I don't know what i'm doing wrong, but, when i play with the Tupi, it appears that the textures for the malocas are missing in my game. I'm getting a squared pink and white texture like a chessboard instead of the original texture. Thanks in advance.

I think my card 9800GT can run DX10, but not dx11. Anyway, there's no solution for DX9? Thanks in advance Pouakai.

Top Bottom