Patria Grande: Civilizations of the Americas

So, since no one replies, I'm going to assume that no one else got that problem... Maybe, if you had an old version (which was called Qullana) now both exist causing conflicts to the database... So I suggest erasing all versions of the Aymara and the Qullana you find, and download again...

Tried that just then, even reset the mods database cache and still the same. It still happens when I load the mod up without any others so it's definitely something in the mod itself. Is anyone else having this issue?

Tried that just then, even reset the mods database cache and still the same. It still happens when I load the mod up without any others so it's definitely something in the mod itself. Is anyone else having this issue?

Do you have logging enabled? If not do so... and check the Database log, to see any oddities...

So... I found what it was, and why I wasn't noticing it...

It should be fine now :D

So... Bolivia now is Updated! Click the Chart to download.

So, a list of changes:
  • The UA was changed in order to change a bit the focus of Bolivia, into a Faith-Culture civ, whicch doesn't focus in founding religions.
  • The Icon was tweaked
  • The Miner's Radio icon was overhauled. Now it resembles an statue of a miner at the Socavón Mines in Oruro, fitting more conceptually.
  • Fixed some issues with the music, and reduced the overall filesize.

Screenshots:
Spoiler :

Coming up next, the Gran Colombia Update...

EDIT: Well, found a problem... There's no easy way of creating missions, having to modify the DLL (which generates compatibility issues) or making a mission that the AI will anyway not use...

So, instead of "Liberation Campaign" I will simply rename the Trade Mission to "Alliance Mission"... But in the case of the Libertador, I suppose I can make it give gold too.. (half the gold of a Merchant)

EDIT: Well, found a problem... There's no easy way of creating missions, having to modify the DLL (which generates compatibility issues) or making a mission that the AI will anyway not use...

So, instead of "Liberation Campaign" I will simply rename the Trade Mission to "Alliance Mission"... But in the case of the Libertador, I suppose I can make it give gold too.. (half the gold of a Merchant)

Hmm, couldn't you do something similar to what Tomatekh did with the Great Prophet in his Mali mod but just adjust the Lua to give culture? (But I think the AI can't use that either).

So, about the "Liberation Campagin" mission, I got the following ideas. First I'll make a simple modification of the Trade Mission and call it an "Alliance Mission" without giving so much gold, and see if the AI uses it. And then these are the possibilities:
  • If the AI uses it, I'll attempt making it invisible, while making two other custom Missions that the AI won't use (one for the Trade Mission, and another for the Liberation Campaign). That way, the AI will still be able of using the old one, without the culture bonus.
  • If the AI doesn't use it, then it doesn't matter; because even if we made an actual mission it won't use it so we can add it anyway.

Ok... So, the AI actually uses the modified Trade Mission... And my abilities in Lua isn't so amazing yet to fully manage a new action... So, Gran Colombia v2 (probably released tomorrow), will have a modified Trade Mission (called Alliance Mission, and will grant half the gold of a Merchant)... And Gran Colombia v3, will have a new mission...

Time for a triple post of teh death... Gran Colombia is now Updated. Click on the chart to download.

Changelist:
  • Changed the UA, so now the bonus for liberating a civ is a Golden Age... If you're already on a Golden Age it sums up to the current duration, like the Great Artist's ability.
  • Changed the Libertador so it can now start an Alliance Mission, generating influence and gold.
  • Changed the DOM text a bit.
  • Made the war music play twice and be a bit slower.
  • Changed Bolivar AI's flavors. Now it should be eager to befriend and protect City-States, as well as go for a Diplo victory.

Screenies:
Spoiler :

I'm still getting the scrolling issue with the civ selection screen. :/

Edit: solved, was another lower quality civ missing a UB.

Heh, yeah, it's a common issue for civ5 modding...

BTW, Guess what civs these icons are for! (really, really easy)

These two were quite tricky to make... as the symbol for both civs are quite detailed...

The second one is Argentina.

Yep... So we only lack to discover the first one... A clue: it's been mentioned in the thread...

Definitely Mapuche, can't wait to see what you come up with for both! Optik had a fairly cool Mapuche civ in his Vanilla American civs mod, and there's some ideas for them in the civs wanted topic that could be worth looking at.

Yep, it's the Mapuche :D

Those are the next in my list, once BNW comes... I'm mostly waiting for the next civ reveal though, this "Hypercube" civ might have an interesting mechanic to add up to the Mapuche...

BTW, decided a (literal) change of perspective with Eva Peron's leaderscreen:

Spoiler :

My arms are getting sore just looking at her! Shouldn't leaders be in a more neutral position?other than that, looking good.

Ok, you're right...

So, a more neutral one:

Spoiler :

And... a hybrid one:

Spoiler :

Top Bottom