LS Civilization Set

Baray is going to be changed, because last time I checked, my solution of fixing "Aqueduct bug" is simply bugged with "aggresive" Tomatekh's solution. I don't want to discriminate players with will to use both mods.
I would aim in Watermill replacement (Garden sounds nice as mid-game Food Bonus), but I would really like to hear some cool ideas (challenge and question my lua coding). Creating a badass Lake next to the city? Too easy.
Militia suggestions are welcome as well.

What's the overlap? I admit to usually going with the laziest code possible, but we can coordinate something between the two mods if possible.

It was something like that: you made a dummy building (with lower cost than aqueduct), which replaces aqueduct as free building from Tradition finisher.
My code searches for Aqueduct BuildingType and then add free Baray and -40 foodkept to nullify effects.
It results in not detecting this dummy aqueduct and imba 80 food kept.

I think, you don't have to change anything. I like the new idea of Baray replacing Garden.

It was something like that: you made a dummy building (with lower cost than aqueduct), which replaces aqueduct as free building from Tradition finisher.
My code searches for Aqueduct BuildingType and then add free Baray and -40 foodkept to nullify effects.
It results in not detecting this dummy aqueduct and imba 80 food kept.

I think, you don't have to change anything. I like the new idea of Baray replacing Garden.

Oh, I changed that when I last updated Harappa. I followed one of your earlier suggestions. Tradition gives the regular free aqueduct to everyone again. The Sewer UB no longer has foodkept by itself, and I add the food kept with a dummy building.

Ha! And you were worried about Simeon looking like a lunatic.

Well I guess. It kinda looks like someone displeasing to the eye derobed themselves in front of him. He also looks exceptionally well tanned. Other than that - great work man. Seriously well done.

I like Tutu's leaderhead. Gregory's... looks like he's actually a figurine.

<Denouncing>
Last leaderscreens before updates. I will focus now on planning gameplay/code changes.

Is guy-in-front-of-waterfall Osei Tutu? You actually took a step backwards on that one in my opinion. It bothers me that so many Native American and African leaders are removed from the architectural heritage of their people and stuck outside in the wilderness somewhere. If Osei Tutu has got to be outside, put him in the middle of a lavish festival. Or he could be attending court or be standing in the courtyard of a traditional ashanti home (with the various bulletin boards in that image replaced with proper Ashante windows.

Is guy-in-front-of-waterfall Osei Tutu? You actually took a step backwards on that one in my opinion. It bothers me that so many Native American and African leaders are removed from the architectural heritage of their people and stuck outside in the wilderness somewhere. If Osei Tutu has got to be outside, put him in the middle of a lavish festival. Or he could be attending court or be standing in the courtyard of a traditional ashanti home (with the various bulletin boards in that image replaced with proper Ashante windows.
Haida using antique building museum with Totem Poles as background.
Sitting Bull is in front of Tipi with traditional Buffalo paintings.
Osei Tutu's background is traditional (this word so overused) Ashanti mud house. While I was making it, I have seen the background you send me. It had two issues, bad perspective and I couldn't find confirmation it even exists in Osei Tutu times (100 years difference). Anyway I put it as background and I will consider to use it (it looks worser in my opinion). Festival and court is disqualified, because there are no images (consider that leader has to be alone).
Zimbabwe unfortunately doesn't have any image good enough for diploscreen, so it got beatiful landscape with waterfall.
In case of Cherokee, I prefer Edohi to be on the hunt, tracking/meeting the intruder before he reached the settlements. Tennessee landscape used.

I don't think it should bother you, Firaxis have done it plenty of times.

Actually, it bothers me when Firaxis does it too (more so actually). But I appreciate your experiment even if it didn't work out.

Leaders being in the wilderness does not mean that the modder thinks of them as barbarians, you know. Look at Oda Nobunaga, for example - when he was alive, Japan was more advanced than Europe. (Admittedly he has a terrible background, especially seeing as Japanese wilderness doesn't even look like Windows XP... but still).

Although you are right in saying that the African leaders should have clothes on...

I hope you understand that I am limited to what I can find on internet. I have no skill to draw a background.

Master-researchers, I have two riddles for you (easy and hard):

1) Henry Morgan, Buccaneers, Caribbean, Jamaica, British West Indies, XVII century
I need the name for civilization.

2) So I have an ability concept. Before Astronomy, Settlers can enter Ocean tiles, but they will be randomly throw to the land tile (it may result in huge travel distance on another continent, or on small island in the middle of ocean, or the Ocean current will throw them back to your lands). Ability would be regained once enter civ territory (so you may try several times if you land back to your continent, but sorry if you landed on 1 tile island next to antarctica :<).

I would normally go with Polynesia, but... somebody already made it.
Help with civ. :<

That's one of those civilizations so silly they must be made:

Pirates (or Liberi)

Personality: Henry Morgan
UA: for God and Liberty (or Blood and Thunder): During Anarchy, your :c5gold:, :c5science: and :c5production: production is doubled.
UU: Buccaneer: Replaces the Musketman, has embarkation with defense and increases the happiness of cities in which it is while they are being razed.
UU: Corsair: The Corsair gives you an amount of :c5gold: when defeating enemy ships, unlike the Privateer which it replaces and receives promotions every time it defeats an enemy vessel.

That's the name I wanted to avoid. <Pirates>
I would like it to be region-locked to Caribbean. So far, I didn't find anything better than West Indies. I have some Buccaneer/Great Captain double UU concept. Though there is so many little unique things about this magical timeplace.

Anyway, I got hyped more for the second civilization, <I decided that Tahitians will be good enough>. Sketch:
Leader: P&#333;mare (meh) Its time to made first female leader
UA: Seriously, so many possibilities. I think Happiness will be a main factor here.
UU: Quite shame to admit, but I would go with Settler replacement (ability described above)
UB: Marae; (most probably temple) something around War/Peace.

Leader: Purea
Unique Abiltiy: Paradise Lost
% Tourism bonus in Civilizations with less happiness.
Bonus Happiness from founded coastal cities.
Sadly, I am unable to detect if one city is on another continent yet.
I am not happy [:)] with this ability. Will try to do something with continents (if possible) or Trade Routes.

Unique Building: Marae
1. Circus that can be build if there is adjacent grass/plains without forest/jungle. GA points each time new Citizen is born.
2. Temple with chosable bonus (tahitian pantheon of Gods).
3. Temple healing instantly garrisoned units and give them some fighting bonus for one turn ("mana").
4. Colloseum, some kind of growth bonus (after peace treaty?).

Unique Unit: Tipairua
Settler who can instantly embark all waters. Before Astronomy, if start turn on Ocean, it may be taken with current and throw on the random coast.
Spoiler Screenshots :
So I have made already some tests.

Full success. It was nice island to settle.

Meh. Unfortunately "capital" bay was closed by some little crappy islands making it unable to go on open ocean (got Settler killed by barbarian Archer).

I send the Settler from second city, but I wasn't welcomed in first land I find.

Just look at mini-map. Full success. There was even a spot with 4 fishes and some land resources.

Well, It is definitely world-type dependent, but every maritime bonus is.

Sadly, I am unable to detect if one city is on another continent yet.
I am not happy [:)] with this ability. Will try to do something with continents (if possible) or Trade Routes.

You can compare the continent art style of the city plots [cPlot:GetContinentArtType()]. It's not the same different "continents" as say Indonesia's ability (which is just any separate island) but will distinguish between up to four of the larger land masses.

You can compare the continent art style of the city plots [cPlot:GetContinentArtType()]. It's not the same different "continents" as say Indonesia's ability (which is just any separate island) but will distinguish between up to four of the larger land masses.
I am aiming in "Indonesian definition" of continents. I truely wished that there is some magical LUA (City:HasLandConnection(City) or some Plot/Map function), but apparently there is not.

We can detect continent. Luckily, Original Capital is constant, therefore It will be once per game (more, if somebody selected civ for multiple players).

Code:
ContLStab = {}

function ContinentStorage(iPlot, iPlayer)
-- iPlot is Original Capital plot, iPlayer can be both ID or object, I am going with ID
-- hook it on Original Capital found and on game load if original capital is already founded
-- ContLStab is already defined (ContLStab = {})
	ContLStab[iPlayer] = {}
	ContinentITP(iPlot, iPlayer)
end

function ContinentITP(iPlot, iPlayer)
	ContLStab[iPlayer][iPlot] = 1;
	for j = 0, 5 do
		local jPlot = Map.PlotDirection(iPlot:GetX(), iPlot:GetY(), j);
		if jPlot ~= nil then
			if ContLStab[iPlayer][jPlot] == nil then
				if not jPlot:IsWater() then
					ContinentITP(jPlot, iPlayer)
				end
			end
		end
	end
end

--HOW TO USE IT
--Simply: 
-- ContLStab[iPlayer][kPlot] == 1 (same continent)
-- ContLStab[iPlayer][kPlot] ~= nil (same continent) {"~= nil" is redundant, but I used to write it and should help in understanding}
-- ContLStab[iPlayer][kPlot] == nil (different continent)
-- I will use it on CityFound, however:
-- it can be used for other things (unit, enemy city)
-- #ContLStab[iPlayer] is number of continent plots
I wrote it in Notepad, not tested, but I copied parts from other code and those are 15 lines... Let's assume, it is working already. Obviously, feel free to use it if needed, everyone. :)

Top Bottom