Which is the best BNW's leader?

Which is the best BNW's leader?

• Total voters

altayrneto

Prince
Historically speaking, not as they are in the game. (Remember, each one ruled nations in different situations, try to imagine what one would do in place of the other.)

I'd say Gajah Mada. He only goofed up in Sunda. Conquered a lot of the Indonesian archipelago, brought the Majapahit Empire to its fully glory, and Hayam Wuruk needed four men to cover all of his responsibilities when he was stripped of his position.

Just got BNW. Loaded it up, had to pick a new leader to try out. I voted for Pedro! (II, that is: with apologies to Napoleon Dynamite....) :)

Obviously I'm biased but Gajah Mada:

-Had the duties of 5 men (the most important of two being Prime Minister and Majapahit General)
-Not just conquered, but unified what is now the world's largest archipelago, but what was then Southeast Asia'a largest empire - a truly unique feat in history. That is over 18,000 islands each with their own systems, languages, spiritualities, ethnicities, cultures and philosophies
-'Sumpah Palapa' oath
-Is fat

I'm a big fan of D. Pedro II, but thanks to this game I discovered other great leaders like Gajah and Cassimir. But why nobody likes Shaka?

Hint: It's not Maria... :lol:
Enrico Dandolo was also a horrible douche - though impressive he led an army to sack the mother of all cities completely blind, and at the age of 90 or what was it. :lol: I guess that would be a great feat, but I'm not convinced he was a great man - more of a great villain! :lol: Still find it odd that a man characterized by his Piety would turn the Fourth Crusade to such a mess! :lol:

And yeah, both Gajah Mada and Pedro II seemed to have been great men, and stand out from the crowd... :)
*snip*
-Is fat
The best reason of them all! :goodjob:

But I think I have to give the vote to Pedro II...
I still need to learn more about Casimir III...

Ashurbanipal for me. Conquering half the civilised world at the time is no mean feat... and he also managed to lead his empire well in peacetime too.

Hands down Casamir the valiant. He took a small diseased kingdom, economically crippled, socially backwards, and physically in shambles from constant invasion, and through a sweeping set of civil reforms, public works projects, and some good ol' fashioned war n' plundering rebuilt it into a european super power. Who ever said Pocatello is dead wrong: were as Pocatello started in a bad spot and failed, Casamir was born into the styx and triumphed "valiantly".

-Had the duties of 5 men (the most important of two being Prime Minister and Majapahit General)
-Not just conquered, but unified what is now the world's largest archipelago, but what was then Southeast Asia'a largest empire - a truly unique feat in history. That is over 18,000 islands each with their own systems, languages, spiritualities, ethnicities, cultures and philosophies
-'Sumpah Palapa' oath
-Is fat

Yes, he's rocking that huge-golden-belt-buckle-obviously-used-to-hide-gut without shame, so he is the winner of the new civs with that alone. Plus he's got a bit of an E. Honda thing going for him, which never hurts.

As far as accomplishments compared to period in time goes, I have to say Dandolo. Call him a hero or a villain, what he achieved in his few years given his age and blindness is truly remarkable. Whether or not his achievements are to be considered positive doesn't matter in this case.
Most of the other leaders put up a lot of great achievements too. Maria and Shaka seem like the odd ones out. Maria because of her (supposed) insanity, and Shaka because, well, he's more of a pop culture icon then anything really, and most of his reforms were war-based (going from traditional to bloodshed). They all deserve a certain respect though.

Top Bottom