Bane_'s Civilizations

bane_

Howardianism High-Priest
Crusader States, led by Pope Urban II

<CivFanatics> || <Steam>​

Uniques
Spoiler :
UA: Curia Romana - Missionaries heal nearby units each turn; Inquisitors give nearby units XP each turn while in enemy lands. Earn :c5faith:Faith from kills.

UU: Crusader - Replaces the Longswordsman and costs a bit more. The Unit gets stronger as your Religion does. Is available at Chivalry instead of Steel. Can spend :c5faith:Faith to Level up.
UU: Mounted Crusader - Alternative form of the Crusader, costs the same as a Knight, but does not get the Crusader unique ability. Can spend :c5faith:Faith to heal adjacent units.

UB: Apostolic Palace - Replaces the Palace. Has a small increase in City Strength, generates Faith on finished Buildings/Wonders and is largely improved once Theology is researched.

[[ The AI is already programmed to use the Units to their fullest, do not act surprise when you see powerful Crusaders coming your way! ]]

Screenshots
Spoiler :

Wait, what? Hinduism?

To Do
- Art upgrade (from Idvhl)

=====================

Tibetan Empire, led by Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama:

<Steam>​

Uniques
Spoiler :
UA: Chomolungma - Cities are considered to have Moutain adjacency for Building and Wonder requirement purpouses. Aftr the discovery of Philosophy, once per turn, civilians may try to climb Mountains for a chance at a reward.
(works with any building added by other mods)

UU: Sherpa Mountaineer - Replaces the Scout. Has double movement on, and is stronger while fighting in Hills, is a bit stronger and may try to climb Mountain as if it was Civilian. While stationed in a city founded by Tibet, grants its city +1 :c5happy:Happiness.

UB: Stupa - Replaces the Amphitheater. Has a Great Work of Writing slot. Produce 1 :c5faith:Faith and 1 :c5culture:Culture, +1 :c5culture:Culture for each nearby Mountain. After the discovery of Architecture, generate +1 :tourism:Tourism.

NEW WORLD WONDERS!
Spoiler :
Potala Palace
- Upon completion, gives 2 Culture and Faith for each Citizen in the city. +2 Tourism after Architeture. Has 2 slots for Great Works of Writing.
- Requires a nearby Mountain.

Tashilhunpo Monastery
- +1 Population in each of your Cities following your Religion. +3 Happiness. +1 Tourism after Flight.
- Requires an adjacent Mountain and that the Player has founded a Religion.

To Do
- More balanced Rewards.
- Enable the AI to use the Mission (working on it!)
- Exclusive Icon for the Sherpa

=====================

Edo Period Japan, led by Hattori Hanzo, servant of the Divine Shogun Tokugawa Ieyasu:

<CivFanatics Link> || <Steam>

!!! IMPORTANT: REQUIRES the latest "DLL - Various Mod Components", which you can find here. !!!

Uniques
Spoiler :
UA: For every turn in foreign territory, your Scouts, Great Merchant and Shinobi gather Information. Spy/Diplomats stationed in foreign cities also have this ability. Starts with a Scout instead of Warrior.
(Shinobi and Spies gather 2 Information/turn, the rest only 1/turn.)

UU: Shinobi - May disguise itself as a Worker. Gathers more Information than the Scout, is Invisible, can enter enemy territory without an Open Border agreement and evades attacks.
Cannot be trained and replaces no unit. (look at the Missions for further info)

UB: Fishing Village - Has 2 Merchant slots, produces 2 gold and gives Information for each different Civilization you stablished a Trade Route with from this city. Can only be built on coastal cities. Gives +1 for Fish resources.
Replaces the Lighthouse.

Missions (updated 8/1)
Spoiler :

Screenshots
Spoiler :

(Information on this page may be contrary to the images. Take what's written on this page as truth. Not everything, of course, this is not a crazy cult or something.)

Changelog
v1.0 - Released.

Future
- Balancing...
- Flag and SV icon for the Shinobi.
- The two other Missions that are not yet functional.
- Get a better Leader Scene.
- Make it AI-friendly.

=========================

Zande People, led by Okike, aspect of Chukwu, giver of Laws:

Uniques
Spoiler :

UA: After you caputre a foreign city, you gain an unique Luxury Resource (Sesame, Sorghum Beer or Cassava) and have a chance of gaining some of their Unique Unit. This chance increases if the city follows your Religion.

UU: Niam-Niam Warrior - Cheaper, quicker and a bit weaker than the Swordsman it replaces. Fully recover after it kills an enemy unit and gets greater EXP gain when attacking but only 1 EXP while defending.

UB: Tule's Oracle Grove - Slightly cheaper than the Walls it replaces, but has no HP or Defense increase. If you founded a Religion and this City follows it, the enemy has a 33% chance failing an attack against this city. Gives +2* :c5faith:.

* Originally the Grove gave +1Faith and 1 extra per 3 citizens, but <Building_YieldChangesPerPop> apparently does not support YIELD_FAITH. I suppose because it wasn't updated when G&K came around.

The first and proud city:
Spoiler :

A few screenshots:
Spoiler :
Civ5Screen0008.jpg

Civ5Screen0004.jpg

Civ5Screen0014.jpg
Note the two Cossacks in the southern part of my territory, below the Conquered city.

Civ5Screen0006.jpg

Civ5Screen0007.jpg

Civ5Screen0011.jpg

Civ5Screen0009.jpg

Spoiler :
I wasn't aware of their predilection for Buddhism...

Changelog
v1.0 - Release.
v2.0 - Removed a few useless lines and added a notification for when your city is attacked and triggers the Grove. Also, Steam version is up.

Future
- Exclusive Wolrd-Wonder for African Civs.
- Lua code to replace the aforementioned lack of :c5faith: in the <Building_YieldChangesPerPop> table.
- Find an appropriate icon for the cassava luxury resource.
- Better art (sorry about the low graphic level).

=====================

Thanks to
ViceVirtuoso - For coding advices, bits of codes and modifying the UnitPanel.lua made by whoward that is being used in most of these civs.
Pazyryk - For his patience and much needed teachings on Lua tables.
whoward69 - For help with coding and for the disponibilization of such a great tool that is his modified DLL, and for making the UnitPanel.lua being used in most of these Civs.
Bobert13 - For helping with coding for the Azande.
Skaz881 - For the Resource icons used in the Azande Civilization.
Jamforce - For the Information Resource icon used in Tokugawa's Japan.
JTitan - For the Niam-Niam unit model (Zulu Javelineer).
danrell - For the Shinobi unit model (Ninja Japan).
Kiang - Most of the Art for Tibet (the DiploScene, the original Yak Resource Image - not the font-icon - which I modified, the Tashilhunpo Monastery's Icon and Wonder Splash, Potala's Palace Wonder Splash and Gyatso's icon!)
Crashade - For beta testing Tokugawa's Japan.
AggressiveWimp - For letting me use his Tibet icon, since he won't be making such a Civ anymore.
Harasar - For the wonderful Map used in the Tibetan Empire.
zwei833 - For the Crusader's (don't remember where it is :() and Mounted Crusader's models.
CivFanatics Community - For being so good for newbie coders.

Interesting concepts!

What does it mean 'failing while attacking a city'? :D

Please provide few screenshoots ;)

Will you be uploading it to Steam?

Okay, this is really cool, great job! When Zambezi gets back on track, we may look at including this in it with a bit of an art upgrade, if that's all okay with you. Proper credit would be given, of course.

Also, I noticed the faith per pop on your 'future' list - I've had experience with three separate Lua codes all trying to accomplish that, none of them have worked. So you may be out of luck in that department, although a fresh pair of eyes never hurts

Will you be uploading it to Steam?
As soon as I get the whole thing working (with better art and the aforementioned Wonder). As much as I can avoid dealing with Steam, I will - permanent offline mode is the way to go in my experience. haha
Or I could upload this first version, but any updates would have to wait until the 'final' version.

Okay, this is really cool, great job! When Zambezi gets back on track, we may look at including this in it with a bit of an art upgrade, if that's all okay with you. Proper credit would be given, of course.
Of course you can! I would be honored. :goodjob:
And for the art part, it can't get any worse, so do as you please!

Also, I noticed the faith per pop on your 'future' list - I've had experience with three separate Lua codes all trying to accomplish that, none of them have worked. So you may be out of luck in that department, although a fresh pair of eyes never hurts
Dammit.
I'm working on another Civilization (led by Hattori Hanzo, with a new resource called 'Information') right now, but will try some ideas about this while the next Civ is being tested.

EDIT: Another Screenshot added:
Spoiler :
I wasn't aware of their predilection for Buddhism...

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0015.jpg
    Civ5Screen0015.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 4,531
nice civ. However I wonder if the colors are too dark? Right now it looks like a city state. Maybe the black should be lightened up a bit?

nice civ. However I wonder if the colors are too dark? Right now it looks like a city state. Maybe the black should be lightened up a bit?

Hmmm, if this causes some problems with the colors I'll change it, but Ethiopia has a similar color and is an official Civ.
If you experience some kind of weirdness because of this, let me know and I'll change it. Thanks! :D

Ethiopia is dark green as its base. I can't tell from the pictures, did you use that or black for Azande?

That's the issue - universally, black backgrounds are reserved for city-states and barbarians.

And Buccaneers.

I maintain it's not that much of an issue, personally

I meant more the default Firaxis civs (re: Ethiopia mainly). My eyes are less than stellar and the more help I can get differentiating territory the better.

I think buccaneers are an exception. They are more of a joke civ and the black and white just fit too perfectly. I think that black is a no go.

My suggestion. Make the black dark gray, just enough to make it different for a city state. The final decision is up to you.

You should add TSL Support

Good idea. I'll do that!

My suggestion. Make the black dark gray, just enough to make it different for a city state. The final decision is up to you.

Your voice was heard!
I'll change the background, will try dark green (different than Ethiopia, of course) and a gray darker than Germany. :)

I think buccaneers are an exception. They are more of a joke civ and the black and white just fit too perfectly. I think that black is a no go.

Huh. See, I don't personally mind that, since City-States tend to have a patterned border and Civs, er, don't. I agree that a dark green would probably be a better choice, but banning black outright is obvious rot. What if, for example, you wanted to make a Brittany Civ? If you used anything other than the colours of the flag - which, btw, are black and white - you'd look ridiculous. The Cornish too.

tl;dr: I'm with Pooky on this.

Huh. See, I don't personally mind that, since City-States tend to have a patterned border and Civs, er, don't. I agree that a dark green would probably be a better choice, but banning black outright is obvious rot. What if, for example, you wanted to make a Brittany Civ? If you used anything other than the colours of the flag - which, btw, are black and white - you'd look ridiculous. The Cornish too.

tl;dr: I'm with Pooky on this.

Hiram did a Celtic split (Iceni, Ireland, Picts, Wales, and Cornwall), in which his Cornish use the same Black and White as the Buccaneers.

I'm aware of that; it comes from the Cornish flag, which is a white cross on a black background.

Top Bottom