Shuriman Civilization

Past Redemption

Chieftain
Added in the Shuriman Civilization (from League of Legends), represented by Azir, Emperor of the sands.

Eventually a full world converstion project. I have Piltover done aside from art assets, and imagine I'll be able to finish with Piltover, Demacia, Noxus, and the Shadow Isles by the end of next week.

Will eventually make a more elaborate thread for this, but I just wanted input to accrue for now. I'm about to leave work, so...

Anyways, link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=315354373

Shurima

Leader: Azir, Emperor of the Sands

Unique Ability: Empire of an Age- Begin the game with a Great Engineer, a Great Scientist, and a Great Merchant. You don't earn points towards creating those great people. (Considering adding Great Prophet to this list. Initially removed because being given a religion and then never enhancing it felt awful.)

Unique Building: Pyramid of Kings- Unique replacement for the Palace. It offers incredible yields, but also lowers all Production, Gold, Science, and Food generation in the capital by 25%. (Thinking about making this 35-40%, but haven't gotten to the real late game where this will be a huge problem yet.)

Unique Building: Temple of the Sun- Unique replacement for the Grand Temple. More expensive, but spawns an immensely powerful Ascendant when it is finished.

Unique Unit: Ascendant- Immensely powerful one-time ranged unit granted upon completion of Temple of the Sun. Gains no defensive bonuses, and has a penalty attacking cities.

Possible issues include:
-Initial balancing of Pyramid of Kings. The Early game is insane, and it has really been punishing later on, but in lower difficulty matches, it doesn't matter. You've already won by then. (notably I still can't win to Great Library on Deity unless I blow the engineer on that.)
-Balancing of the Ascendant. Hasn't been an issue so far but some people might cry foul on this.
-Making the Temple of the Sun do more stuff. The idea was to basically make it a unit wonder, but I'm not sure how much people actually like that.

Known Bugs:
-Diplomacy screen not working in any fashion. Tracking this down.
-Reports of AI's not founding religions. This is not the case when I play with only this mod enabled, but if anyone has more information I'm all ears.

Input appreciated!

This is very.... unique civ.
Although i dont like the UA...
Besides, the UA and the UW make this civ worse then other civs...

Depends. It was an attempt to create a civ with a power curve inverse of normal; fantastically powerful early game and mediocre to terrible late. It's really to play into the lore of the civilization being represented.

I wouldn't say "worse than other civs" without trying it, though. Before I nerfed the Palace a bit, I closed tradition on turn 28 and finished theology on 30...on standard. While it's hard to leverage that into a win necessarily with the UA and penalties weighing you down, it's hard to ignore that sort of early game power. Remember, you basically get to start out with an academy, a manufactory, and a trading house on turn 1, meaning you frequently are out-golding entire empires with one tile until currency comes around.

Overall, though, as long as it's not broken in either direction (unplayably bad or overpowered), I'm fine with it. It's unique and lore-appropriate, and it's been fun to play so far for me. The Ascendant kicks some ass, that's for sure.

I'll keep your reservations in mind, though. I haven't really gotten to the late game yet, so I'm not yet feeling the true impact of no great engis or scientists

Depends. It was an attempt to create a civ with a power curve inverse of normal; fantastically powerful early game and mediocre to terrible late. It's really to play into the lore of the civilization being represented.

I wouldn't say "worse than other civs" without trying it, though. Before I nerfed the Palace a bit, I closed tradition on turn 28 and finished theology on 30...on standard. While it's hard to leverage that into a win necessarily with the UA and penalties weighing you down, it's hard to ignore that sort of early game power. Remember, you basically get to start out with an academy, a manufactory, and a trading house on turn 1, meaning you frequently are out-golding entire empires with one tile until currency comes around.

Overall, though, as long as it's not broken in either direction (unplayably bad or overpowered), I'm fine with it. It's unique and lore-appropriate, and it's been fun to play so far for me. The Ascendant kicks some ass, that's for sure.

I'll keep your reservations in mind, though. I haven't really gotten to the late game yet, so I'm not yet feeling the true impact of no great engis or scientists

I like mongering civs(warmongering, culture mongering, wonder mongering, research mongering)

I like mongering civs(warmongering, culture mongering, wonder mongering, research mongering)

For reference, the Ascendant is a 40 power ranged unit. On Theology. The tooltip literally says to go bring the pain with it, lol.

I'm the same way, generally, though. Note that this is probably the best early wonder mongering civ in the game. Still couldn't get Library on deity, but anything else should be doable up into like renaissance.

For reference, the Ascendant is a 40 power ranged unit. On Theology. The tooltip literally says to go bring the pain with it, lol.

I'm the same way, generally, though. Note that this is probably the best early wonder mongering civ in the game. Still couldn't get Library on deity, but anything else should be doable up into like renaissance.

The problem is... that i use at least 8 great engineers until 1800 game i play... and without them, many social policies and buildings are completely useless for me.
Dosent mean i wont download the civ, though!

Yeah, I feel you. Honestly, it's a harsh trade-off to lose access to Great Engineers and Scientists naturally, but do note that you can still have them, you just don't earn points towards them. Faith buying and wonders that grant them still work just fine. The no points is just to balance out the fact you start the game with a manufactory; a rather large advantage, especially if you can throw it on something like gems after mining rush.

Top Bottom